Metal dudes hate rap?

Most metal-heads i know hate rap but i know some metal-heads who love rap aswell. Most hiphop-heads seem to dislike metal aswell...

OFC they don't!, rap is music just like metal, and trance, and house.. you don't have to hate it.. just respect the people making it..

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

OFC they don't!, rap is music just like metal, and trance, and house.. you don't have to hate it.. just respect the people making it..

I know a lot of metal heads that hate rap smh, they claim its not real music

I am a pure metalhead, I will admit, I am not particularly a fan of hiphop. For me, Metal is my calling. The darker, the more brutal, the better. Its just what gets my heart pumping. Metal is a strong form of music, and it can literally move you. Not saying hiphop doesn't, but it doesn't to me, so to each his own. That said, I wouldn't like to call myself as a stereotypical narrow minded metalhead who just HATES anything non metal. In fact I listen to tons of country, blues, Jazz and even classical. My playlist consists of BB King followed by Lynyrd Skynyrd, with some Metallica thrown in, and the same list contains Mozart's 25th Symphony, Bach's Minuet in GMajor just to name a few, along with brutal Amon Amarth, Dissection and Sacramentum.

IMO, where the whole "metalheads hate rap/hiphop" lies in is the fact that the folks from my side of the genre spectrum tend to find music played with real instruments more appealing. I am not saying programming VSTi's isn't tough, as a Producer I understand the skill it takes to get down MIDI tracks with finesse. But the natural acoustic sound of a real organic instrument is just more appealing to most metalheads. It certainly is the case with me, and hence I've never really found hiphop much appealing to me. A "live" band for me is definitely better than a computer programmed beat. Its just more 'human'. For that matter, I am not a big fan of Djent either. It is just a highly processed, overproduced extreme metal genre that has too many drum hits and too many effects to appeal to my ears.

I just don't hope this does not turn into a big fight of real instruments vs vstis or something, this is merely my opinion.

I guess since they are the completely opposite genre, people tend to dislike it. Though a lot of the time with different genres come different stereotypes and cultures, so I suppose you could say people see the stereotypes as someone they dislike, and associate that music with those type of people? Humans are a confusing bunch, I used to love rap, now I love metal. Now I love everything! :)

Anyone who likes a genre and then decides that they dont have room for other genres too is retarded. I am a metal musician, I am very deep in my local metal scene, and I cant get enough rap music. Besides modern hip hop rhythms and metal rhythms are so similar anyway... whats to hate?

I listen to many genres of music. I see it as the love for just music as a whole versus just being stuck to a certain genre. I personally love bands like Circa Survive and many other bands surrounding that genre. That would be my favorite style of music I guess I would say. But I really listen to everything and get inspiration as an artist from all the different genres. I play guitar and sing, but I also produce rap beats and electronic music lol. I guess it all comes down to personal taste, but I always try to tell people to be more open minded when it comes to music and they'd be surprised to what they enjoy.

I enjoyed more rap with the metal band bassist on my floor than anyone else. we enjoyed the classics, the dumb stuff like hbr click and d-lo, and everything in between. in my experience, metal and punk kids are more open to rap than rap heads are open to metal or punk. having hung out with those kids for so deep, i like everything. but when it comes to listening to music, nothing beats the oldies/classics, of any genre

i managed to simultaneously raise myself on hiphop and death metal, with an equal love and appreciation for both. if you can get everything you need from one genre of music, you're probably not a very interesting person

no room in the music world to not explore other genres. there's something out there for everyone, any genre is too vast to hate the entirety of it!

no room in the music world to not explore other genres. there's something out there for everyone, any genre is too vast to hate the entirety of it!

I second this. I listen to pretty much every genre. I am a primarily electro house-focused producer and I love metal. I've come up with numerous great ideas by listening to other genres and have come up with some great ideas listening to the compositions of metal tracks, jazz, alternative, classical and even top 40 crap.

My two musical favs of all time are Metallica and Eminem, most of my CD's from high school had both burned on them

Back