I declare record!!!

and the results???

Well, since you asked,

First of all, it's so simple to open audio in Record that it's a shame. I exported "All Tracks" from Live which is just one function, into a folder. Then I closed Live and opened Record. Then I just used the import audio file function, found the folder, held down the "shift" button, and choose all the tracks I wanted at the same time. Record then automatically created a new audio track for all of the files at the same time. That's nice!!!! As a matter of fact, it's so simple and quick that I really can't see anybody complaining about Record/Reason not having vst's when it's this simple to import audio. (My only gripe is that you have to set the tempo before you import the audio. I wish there was a universal tempo standard for audio.)

Secondly, it's kinda wild hearing my individual tracks from Live in Record. I like the sound of the Master Compressor and the channel eq. The drums I was using in the song from Live already had compression on them. I see now that was a mistake. I should of used Record's.

FWIW, I think that if someone plans on composing in another program and then mixing in Record, then they should not go crazy on the effects, especially the eq and compression. Wait until you bring it into Record for that.

Im buying tomorrow first thing in the morning

What you're buying the RnR combo?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

another dope feature is bouncing to SONG...all audio files / stems will be the EXACT SAME LENGTH...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

AND if you choose to BOUNCE AUDIO FILES ON DISK, Record PUTS ALL THE JOINTS IN ONE, SINGLE FOLDER (pro tools ANYONE?)

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

yo DaNOC, do you choose the NORMALIZE option when you are bouncing in Record???

:rofl: Yo I remember I made a folder before I bounced for the first time in Record, so I could put the joints in that folder I made. Yo when it all finished I was looking for my tracks, I couldn't find them. Then I seen a folder on my desk top, man Record had made a freakin folder for me. Man i was like :bigeyes: "Oh this is freakin HOT!" lol hahahahah Yo Props did a really good job man.

Yeah, when you bounce make sure your start marker is at the beginning and the finish maker at the end and it will do the length of where both markers are at, and that's really dope. so when you do stems you don't have to put a clip at the beginning to let the mastering guy know where to line them up. That's hot! I ain't doing no mo dang on PT bouncing no mo!

Oh nah I don't mess with normalize when i am doing stems, I keep the same levels and let the mastering guy do his thing.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Well, since you asked,

First of all, it's so simple to open audio in Record that it's a shame. I exported "All Tracks" from Live which is just one function, into a folder. Then I closed Live and opened Record. Then I just used the import audio file function, found the folder, held down the "shift" button, and choose all the tracks I wanted at the same time. Record then automatically created a new audio track for all of the files at the same time. That's nice!!!! As a matter of fact, it's so simple and quick that I really can't see anybody complaining about Record/Reason not having vst's when it's this simple to import audio. (My only gripe is that you have to set the tempo before you import the audio. I wish there was a universal tempo standard for audio.)

Secondly, it's kinda wild hearing my individual tracks from Live in Record. I like the sound of the Master Compressor and the channel eq. The drums I was using in the song from Live already had compression on them. I see now that was a mistake. I should of used Record's.

FWIW, I think that if someone plans on composing in another program and then mixing in Record, then they should not go crazy on the effects, especially the eq and compression. Wait until you bring it into Record for that.

s5wbuq.jpg

KB remember I was saying that? When dudes were talking about Record should have drag and drop and I said " what for, you can import multi tracks at the same time at the blink of an eye, Record don't need drag and drop". Samed dude don't even have record if he did he would of known how easy it is to import multi tracks. See even you said it you don't see anyone complaining.
See that SSL 9000K aint bad huh? lol That's a bad motha shut yo mouf! lol You can get better mixes with it, like PT I had to tweak in that thing because it doesn't have everything on the strip like Record's SSL mixer. Everything is right there in front of you, no pop up effects none of that. It's better than PT's mixer hands down. I am waiting for the upgrades now, that's when it will get fun, then wait on Record 2.0, if they add midi out, yo IT'S A WRAP!

they can keep all that other stuff that's on the market, and it's going to get better!

yeah...that's the way it's really startin' to look...
:smokinFP:

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Record then automatically created a new audio track for all of the files at the same time

that's dope...seamless.

nice tip

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

It's better than PT's mixer hands down

by far...WAY more streamlined workflow...no time wasted.

if they add midi out, yo IT'S A WRAP!

yeah...i have no doubt we'll get RnR MIDI OUT before Obama's term is over...

Last edited:
yeah...i have no doubt we'll get RnR MIDI OUT before Obama's term is over...:smokinFP:

Another classic lol:rofl:

You figure if you go to Props forum man it should be like at 1,105 replies and 17,544 views, and that's in the SUGGESTION FORUM, so Props could charge for the midi out for 2.0 and it will be inexpensive and they will make a load of money and get a ton of people to switch over to RnR. They will make a mint! Props stuff works on a grand scale but it doesn't break your pockets, that's a huge thing right there.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

No just Record for Reason users. Ive been using Reason for almost 10 years

rr4dmq.jpg

That's what's up my dude! let me know if you get it today and how you like it when you play with it.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

I was told saying Record has No Latency issues I was giving the wrong info. Where here is the proof from Props site!

fk7kno.jpg

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=tech-info

That's why I said THERE IS NO LATENCY!!!! by far you can tell who has Record and who doesn't. If I am using it and I don't get latency issues then there is none! To say I am giving misinformation, well take that up with props because that's where I got it from and I use it and there are no latency issues whatsoever! PT gives lots of latency issues that's why I am not using it!

Another classic lol:rofl:

You figure if you go to Props forum man it should be like at 1,105 replies and 17,544 views, and that's in the SUGGESTION FORUM, so Props could charge for the midi out for 2.0 and it will be inexpensive and they will make a load of money and get a ton of people to switch over to RnR. They will make a mint! Props stuff works on a grand scale but it doesn't break your pockets, that's a huge thing right there.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

rr4dmq.jpg

That's what's up my dude! let me know if you get it today and how you like it when you play with it.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

I was told saying Record has No Latency issues I was giving the wrong info. Where here is the proof from Props site!

fk7kno.jpg

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=tech-info

That's why I said THERE IS NO LATENCY!!!! by far you can tell who has Record and who doesn't. If I am using it and I don't get latency issues then there is none! To say I am giving misinformation, well take that up with props because that's where I got it from and I use it and there are no latency issues whatsoever! PT gives lots of latency issues that's why I am not using it!

I am offically a part of the club as of 5 minutes ago

Congrats. I wounder how long it will take them to give you your icon. Like I said in the Phead User Forum, I got my license last week and they didn't give me my icon until yesterday.

One more thing that I noticed about Record's export vs. Live's export, the Record exported file is a lot louder, and I can't seem to figure out why.

Last edited:

SMILEYS2.jpg

Yo That's great, congrats man, it's like we are children with new great toys lol :rofl:

Yo X, what's the icon that looks like a Reason Icon but it's black and white?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Congrats.
One more thing that I noticed about Record's export vs. Live's export, the Record exported file is a lot louder, and I can't seem to figure out why.

Well, my icon was there the same day, I think what X should do is, register it, then log out then come back in, make a post and it might be there.

So you're saying the exported music files from Record is louder than the exported music from Live? hmmmmm
Are they both at 0db when you export out of both? did you do the normalize thingy? Because that will do it.

It's funny JB was telling me that the only program where it boost up in loudness when rewiring from RnR to a DAW is Cubase.

So you're saying the exported music files from Record is louder than the exported music from Live? hmmmmm
Are they both at 0db when you export out of both? did you do the normalize thingy? Because that will do it.

It's funny JB was telling me that the only program where it boost up in loudness when rewiring from RnR to a DAW is Cubase.

I need to look into a lot more. I don't normalize, but I really do try to keep things under 0 db's. It seems like in Record, you can go over what is labeled as 0 db's without really clipping. Maybe what Propellerhead is calling 0 db's really isn't 0 dbfs.

I don't know.

Well, since you asked,

Glad to see Record has a few of the same features that every other DAW has had from the beginning of time..One could argue that in this scenario, Record was totally unnecessary..you do realized that you left a FULL Feature DAW like LIVE only to import RAW wav files into RECORD, right?

I need to look into a lot more. I don't normalize, but I really do try to keep things under 0 db's. It seems like in Record, you can go over what is labeled as 0 db's without really clipping. Maybe what Propellerhead is calling 0 db's really isn't 0 dbfs.

I don't know.

Nah it's 0db in Record, the performance is so excellent, it's ridiculous, because you think at first Record won't sound good, WRONG! It sounds great. Did you see Chaka blackman and what he said? He said the same things I was saying, he uses less and less daws, which I don't have many daws anyway.

For me if it's louder so be it, I wouldn't try to find out something like that. Remember Record is working on all your cores you have, being I have 8 cores, you know the performance is SICK! When I play my hardware into it, man it sounds idenical! it's just so hot, man I am loving it.

Only time I normalize is if someone told me to or bring in something like Rakim's songs from his album. I noticed his songs were recorded lower than others, in 86/87. I would bring his track in and normalize it, export as a wav then convert it to MP3 so I can put it on my ipod.

SMILEYS2.jpg

Yo That's great, congrats man, it's like we are children with new great toys lol :rofl:

Yo X, what's the icon that looks like a Reason Icon but it's black and white?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Well, my icon was there the same day, I think what X should do is, register it, then log out then come back in, make a post and it might be there.

The black and white one is Reason adapted 2.0 it came with an audio interface I bought years ago. And I have my icon now I emailed a mod and he took care of it. I bought my copy from Prop shop so right now I am using online verification. Its cool but at the same time annoying to log in before i make music I cant wait for the dongle to get here so I dont have to do that anymore

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Glad to see Record has a few of the same features that every other DAW has had from the beginning of time..One could argue that in this scenario, Record was totally unnecessary..you do realized that you left a FULL Feature DAW like LIVE only to import RAW wav files into RECORD, right?
Record is a great daw. I am also leaving a full feature Daw (sonar) for Record. The thing wtih Record is it has just what I need and not the other stuff I don't Im not selling Sonar I will still use it if I plan to use my hardware synths and stuff for sequencing but for the most part Ill be using Record for mixing and Remixes ect.

Nah it's 0db in Record, the performance is so excellent, it's ridiculous, because you think at first Record won't sound good, WRONG! It sounds great. Did you see Chaka blackman and what he said? He said the same things I was saying, he uses less and less daws, which I don't have many daws anyway.

For me if it's louder so be it, I wouldn't try to find out something like that.

Actually, I will need to know if I want to be able to transfer files from Record to Live or whatever else. How much over 0 db's can Record go before clipping is something that I need to know.

:rofl::rofl:
And dudes said I was a FANATIC? :rofl::rofl:

2lcv9xv.jpg

Dude said:
"Record is the best music software out there, it shits on everything i have ever used."

:rofl:
Don't get mad at me lol I AM SO LUVING THIS! LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I bought my copy from Prop shop so right now I am using online verification. Its cool but at the same time annoying to log in before i make music I cant wait for the dongle to get here so I dont have to do that anymore

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Record is a great daw. I am also leaving a full feature Daw (sonar) for Record. The thing wtih Record is it has just what I need and not the other stuff I don't Im not selling Sonar I will still use it if I plan to use my hardware synths and stuff for sequencing but for the most part Ill be using Record for mixing and Remixes ect.

Dammmmmmmmmmm! :bigeyes:

Oh ok, so they give you that option for online Verification. yeah I bought mines from Musicianfriends so my dongle came with mines.
Man I just put Reason on my lappy (MacbookPro 13inch) and whew, I must say I am impressed. I am going for an Oxygen 8 Because it's nice and small was about to get the Akai Joint but I can use the Oxygen and it's cheaper so. I can sit in the bedroom make beats on the fly then save the session and take it to my preproduction setup, that's hot. Integrate it with Record and Bammm! Then make audio tracks and input all the tracks I did in Reason and give them their own separate tracks I love it.

Yeah man I left PT8 for Record, PT8 doesn't do what I really need it to do, Record does, and THAT NO LATENCY got me loving it even more. It's just going to get better! Me either I won't sell PT8 it's great with editing, and making my loops with it, etc but as far as ALL IN ALL, Record is my last stop. Chaka Blackman was saying the same things I said.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Actually, I will need to know if I want to be able to transfer files from Record to Live or whatever else. How much over 0 db's can Record go before clipping is something that I need to know.

Ok gotcha, for me it's different because I don't plan on taking tracks out of Record to put in PT8, Live, Sonar etc because I can bounce to stems and they will all be the same length, put them on my portable hard drive, take it to the major studio and drag and drop them into PT HD and they will play like a charm! :) Studios basically at the end of the day rock PT, on my personal stuff I take it straight to the mastering people from record.

MistaOx, yes there were things out there ALREADY, yet some things you had to buy separately which Record is not giving you those samethings inside of it without having to pay extra money. Like me PT8 I am not going to spend money on Battery when Record is giving us Kong, nor will I spend money on Autotune when Record is giving us Neptune, and the list goes on. PT8 has the worst latency, and I can't stand that. Record there is no issues with that. Record's SSL 9000K is the best mixer on the market in any DAW! HANDS DOWN!

To get SSL in a Daw I have to pay some pretty mean bucks and that's all you get, here in Record I get a great Sequencer, SSL 9000k, hottest time stretch and the list goes on. Record is simple, stable and CPU friendly! If I want to use a lite version of PT I have to buy a smaller interface, here I don't have to, dealing with my laptop. I just put in an Oxygen 8 without an interface and just get busy. So I will have just my Macbookpro 13inch and a mini keyboard and I am in business. on the Real, saying "RECORD WAS TOTALLY UNECESSARY", I would have to ask for who? it was very well needed for my situation and looking at what others are saying it was needed. It's a simplier form of recording and I am coming from the MPC to this so it was needed, PT sequencer for making beats is wack! Record makes me feel like I am on the MPC and the sonic performance is MUUUUUUUUUUUAH! Great. A lot of home studios are going to leave and get Record, my boy said this in a forum and it's slowly happening. This is it for me and I see where Props is headed and I am in for the long haul.

word...

faster workflow and more "straight to the point" than both Pro Tools AND Logic...

$.02

Exactly I see Record becoming more prevalent home recording studios. Majors will probably add it to the set up under PTHD. it won't take over that aspect but for home recordings, it's moving at a decent speed and people are starting to see what's up with this.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

funniest comment i've seen in a while...
:rofl:

That stood out like a fist coming towards my eye! I am still in shock and baffled by the comment. That's like saying " a company shouldn't have and don't need to be in the market with another product". I don't think I will ever wrap that around my head. There's so many products on the market you have to choose which is for you and go with it. In this case it's Record and it's very necessary for ME! it' has saved me more money not to spend on PT and I can't even make a track in PT's sequencer and their latency issue with PTLe on down. HD got it good. So it's well necessary for me and the tools it has and coming with. :)

yeah...

kinda seemed like a hater-ish comment to make...

it's just like a cat sayin', "YOU DIDN'T NEED TO PUT THEM CHROME 24IN." SHOES ON YOUR WHIP!":mad:

ya know??

:rofl::rofl: Yeah I know. Man there are still cats that's not up on Record, so I bring a couple into my pre production studio and they go"WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT?" I tell and you should see the look on their faces lol Pure Tee classic! lol when they see the SsL board they be like "Oh dammmmmmm that's crazy!!!" lol then when I show them the time stretch dudes jump around lol they say " yo it's that easy? " lol I tell them yep. then when I show them you can do vocals and how it sounds they are like "Yoooooooooooo, I gotta get this". Man they don't even know nothing about it, just by sight they want it lol hahah then when I tell them the price they like "No f***king way, that cheap? " Then I love to bring them to the internet with the grand finale, I show them Kong, Neptune, Doc Oct etc and their dam minds are blown lol hahahah So there is still a lot of cats that aint up on it. we are like way in front of them, that's a good thang. :)

Last edited:
Back