I declare record!!!

This whole thread reads like a Record testimonial.

Okay my snarky comment aside, it's good you guys are enjoying your investment.

there is still a lot of cats that aint up on it. we are like way in front of them, that's a good thang

word...

i'm LOVING the fact that i can play my Reason beats AND my Korg Micro-X SIDE BY SIDE, IN REAL TIME, SIMULTANEOUSLY...EQ my Reason beats AND my MICRO-X SIDE BY SIDE, IN REAL TIME, SIMULTANEOUSLY, and SEQUENCE BOTH, SIDE BY SIDE, IN REAL TIME, SIMULTANEOUSLY!

fukc Logic, RnR is the real "ENVIRONMENT"!

did i forget to mention that i can RECORD VOCALS, SIDE BY SIDE, SIMULTANEOUSLY, IN REAL TIME as all that other stuff?!?!

propellerhead-record.jpg

:sing:

word...

i'm LOVING the fact that i can play my Reason beats AND my Korg Micro-X SIDE BY SIDE, IN REAL TIME, SIMULTANEOUSLY...EQ my Reason beats AND my MICRO-X SIDE BY SIDE, IN REAL TIME, SIMULTANEOUSLY, and SEQUENCE BOTH, SIDE BY SIDE, IN REAL TIME, SIMULTANEOUSLY!

fukc Logic, RnR is the real "ENVIRONMENT"!

did i forget to mention that i can RECORD VOCALS, SIDE BY SIDE, SIMULTANEOUSLY, IN REAL TIME as all that other stuff?!?!

propellerhead-record.jpg

I heard that, I am enjoying this also, and I loving the fact I can just have a pair of head phones, my lappy and Oxygen 8 and just make music, this is going to be fun. :):):)

I heard that, I am enjoying this also, and I loving the fact I can just have a pair of head phones, my lappy and Oxygen 8 and just make music, this is going to be fun. :):):)

word...i'm diggin' the fact that i can press ONE KEY on my korg keyboard and trigger a COMBINATOR sound (or any other Reason device) AND a MICRO-X sound, again; simultaneously...

can't wait to stack up some Triton sounds w/ some of those NEW ATLANTIS ReFills!

Record is gonna improve my sound-design game TENFOLD...

word...i'm diggin' the fact that i can press ONE KEY on my korg keyboard and trigger a COMBINATOR sound (or any other Reason device) AND a MICRO-X sound, again; simultaneously...

can't wait to stack up some Triton sounds w/ some of those NEW ATLANTIS ReFills!

Record is gonna improve my sound-design game TENFOLD...

:bigeyes: what in the heeeeeeezzzzy! Triton with Atlantis sounds? Man are you trying to put us other producers outta business? lol :rofl: Man I have mixed the Triton with the Motif Xs and Triton with Roland 3080 awhhhh man an recorded into Record man the tracks are sounding crazy! You are right it has turned my production into some new ish, and when I get that soundflower working it's over! Ima be able to use my Eastwest synths in it, Ministry of Rock, Ra, Silk, Goliath(sick), Orchestral, etc so now I will have best of both worlds software and hardware. It's about to get reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaal Ugly!

word...

i'm glad to have RnR as the foundation of my music production too...
:smokinFP:

Peace out Deaf, Ima bout to eat, shower order my Oxygen 8 and call it a night. I will check my FP fam 2morrow. Have a good and peaceful night.

RECORD RULES THE WORLD!!!

Peace out Deaf, Ima bout to eat, shower order my Oxygen 8 and call it a night. I will check my FP fam 2morrow. Have a good and peaceful night.

RECORD RULES THE WORLD!!!

peace.

catch ya later

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

but yo, what's the main difference between an AUDIO TRACK and a MIX CHANNEL in Record??

A mix channel has an input.
2heyf13.jpg

:banghead:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

got it...

looks like AUDIO TRACKS = EXTERNAL AUDIO

MIX CHANNELS = INTERNAL AUDIO / AUDIO FROM REASON

right?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

meaning that IN ORDER TO TRACK OUT A REASON BEAT, YOU HAVE TO USE MIX CHANNELS...

I didn't get a chance to read the entire thread but I've been using Reason since 2.0 and have Record. Reason has been in my entire computer musician career. I own FL, PT, Logic and Garage Band but they are basically taking up space on my HD. Some people say its too difficult to use. IDK. Its what I've grown up with.

I'm proud to say that I'm always going to be a fan of Propellerheads software for life. They listen to what we have to say and fix or add to any issues.

*Good Stuff*
I know I can't talk about it much but I'm b*ta testing the new Reason 5/Record 1.5 and if you excited as much as I was when Record came out?? This is just like Apple pulling out the iPhone 4 just after the iPad. Bananas!!

Blocks are a DREAM for loopers like myself. Set up 8 bar loop, piano, organ, drums, guitar, hits, layers, fx, etc, then set who I want for intro, chorus, bridge, etc. Fast!

There is live recording on just about every mod which is so f*cking tight. Honestly, I have an ASR-10, I bought it 4 months ago......I might sell it now. But it is an ASR-10. So maybe not.

I'm not big into sampled loops cause I like to create my own music and not use someone else conga pattern, so I don't use the Octo much. Its so much better though to have 8 loops than to have 1 and play them with a midi controller. It would be perfect for live sets.

Neptune.....all day! Just like the video shows you. Deep voice, high voice, T-Pain sounding voice ;-) Basically for all you single producers that don't have a singer but you got some lyrics for your joint.... just do like I do.... sing that MF yourself. Then add 3 more of you behind it. Ha!

And last but not least- KONG!
Basically they chose the perfect name for this mod- Its a big hairy beast. I almost teared up when I played with it for the first time.
I know you have all been there. Redrum....Open kicks....That one sounds pretty good....tweak the pitch....add fx....try to make it sound like whats in your head. Them days are over-
Everything is so much faster with all the fx built in so you can just sit in the Kong until you're done making all your pads perfect.
The few kits we get to play with are great sounding kits too. You gotta sit back and listen to the samples with a good set of cans.
The live sampling in the Kong is great for when you need some "Hey" in your HipHop tracks too.

Oh one more important thing that I dont think is on their videos. My prayers were answered when I went to change that same ol' 120 bpm to a......wait....is that a TAP TEMPO!! Yes! No more guessing the bpm.

I didn't get a chance to read the entire thread but I've been using Reason since 2.0 and have Record. Reason has been in my entire computer musician career. I own FL, PT, Logic and Garage Band but they are basically taking up space on my HD. Some people say its too difficult to use. IDK. Its what I've grown up with.

I'm proud to say that I'm always going to be a fan of Propellerheads software for life. They listen to what we have to say and fix or add to any issues.

*Good Stuff*
I know I can't talk about it much but I'm b*ta testing the new Reason 5/Record 1.5 and if you excited as much as I was when Record came out?? This is just like Apple pulling out the iPhone 4 just after the iPad. Bananas!!

Blocks are a DREAM for loopers like myself. Set up 8 bar loop, piano, organ, drums, guitar, hits, layers, fx, etc, then set who I want for intro, chorus, bridge, etc. Fast!

There is live recording on just about every mod which is so f*cking tight. Honestly, I have an ASR-10, I bought it 4 months ago......I might sell it now. But it is an ASR-10. So maybe not.

I'm not big into sampled loops cause I like to create my own music and not use someone else conga pattern, so I don't use the Octo much. Its so much better though to have 8 loops than to have 1 and play them with a midi controller. It would be perfect for live sets.

Neptune.....all day! Just like the video shows you. Deep voice, high voice, T-Pain sounding voice ;-) Basically for all you single producers that don't have a singer but you got some lyrics for your joint.... just do like I do.... sing that MF yourself. Then add 3 more of you behind it. Ha!

And last but not least- KONG!
Basically they chose the perfect name for this mod- Its a big hairy beast. I almost teared up when I played with it for the first time.
I know you have all been there. Redrum....Open kicks....That one sounds pretty good....tweak the pitch....add fx....try to make it sound like whats in your head. Them days are over-
Everything is so much faster with all the fx built in so you can just sit in the Kong until you're done making all your pads perfect.
The few kits we get to play with are great sounding kits too. You gotta sit back and listen to the samples with a good set of cans.
The live sampling in the Kong is great for when you need some "Hey" in your HipHop tracks too.

Oh one more important thing that I dont think is on their videos. My prayers were answered when I went to change that same ol' 120 bpm to a......wait....is that a TAP TEMPO!! Yes! No more guessing the bpm.
most of us in this thread are also beta testing Reason 5 and Record 1.5. We have used it and love it. In fact Tap tempo and live sampling are my favorite parts of this new upgrade. Kong is great too but at the same time I kinda wish it had and note repeat. How about 16 levels? those would all be great. I do like how they also incorperated the dr rex as well as the nnxt into the kong though and you can select one slice per pad if u want or let the loop run inside of the pad. Kong is pretty deep.

most of us in this thread are also beta testing Reason 5 and Record 1.5. We have used it and love it. In fact Tap tempo and live sampling are my favorite parts of this new upgrade. Kong is great too but at the same time I kinda wish it had and note repeat. How about 16 levels? those would all be great. I do like how they also incorperated the dr rex as well as the nnxt into the kong though and you can select one slice per pad if u want or let the loop run inside of the pad. Kong is pretty deep.

My MPK88 has note repeat and 16 levels, so that should compliment Kong very well :) You know what's funny, I have NEVER USED TAP TEMPO! Not even on the MPC, how in the heck is that used?

Great Post ReasonSheLeftU :smokinFP::sing:

My MPK88 has note repeat and 16 levels, so that should compliment Kong very well :) You know what's funny, I have NEVER USED TAP TEMPO! Not even on the MPC, how in the heck is that used?

Wow! I can't believe you've never used tap tempo. I use it in Live a lot. It's a great way to find the tempo of a sample before actually sampling it.

Wow! I can't believe you've never used tap tempo. I use it in Live a lot. It's a great way to find the tempo of a sample before actually sampling it.

Nah never got into it, that's the only thing. See when I sampled say from a record back in the day, what i would do is sample in the MPC, then chop from beginning to end points, trim in the MPC. Then I would make sure it's perfect in the loop section. Then I would go to where you find out the bpm of the loop. they don't tell you this in the manual I used common sense because at first I had a big problem with looping and I kept getting glitches and hard to get the bpm.
So in the bpm window, the numbers would come up:

34.6, so I would put that in but it would be to slow and then I would try and speed it up then my loop wasn't perfect anymore and glitches, whew it was a headache. One day I just looked at the numbers and looked very hard so it looks like this in my loop section when you turn it on.

Beat Beat 4(bars)
Loop tempo 34.6
Function New Tempo 34.6

So I listened to the original track, and it wouldn't sound natual at 34.6, so I said "Let me take 34.6 X's 2 which came out to 69.2, behold, it hit it right on the money, I put the tempo in the main window in the MPC and my sequence was perfect. You talking about a dude jumping up and down lol So I calmed down and tried it with two more tracks just to see if my method was correct and it was. all I did first was make it loop perfect that was no problem, then turn loop on get the numbers add them and come out with the sum and put that in the tempo and from there I was rocking. So I never used the Tap tempo, but I used the hell outta note repeat lol :rofl:

But how do you actually use the Tap tempo? when your playing a beat and it's not the right tempo you tap on it or something and it comes up with the right tempo? If that's how you do it, that's kinda hot.

what you think about that M Audio Axiom 25? I love the way it looks I was going to order the oxygen, but that Axiom comes with pads and I really don't wanna bang on the keys. That Axiom Pro 25 cost $399 that's crazy :bigeyes: I can't do that.

Last edited:
yeah...

kinda seemed like a hater-ish comment to make...

it's just like a cat sayin', "YOU DIDN'T NEED TO PUT THEM CHROME 24IN." SHOES ON YOUR WHIP!":mad:

ya know??

Well, if ur the kind of person who puts rims on a car while still making payments..that's on you....Why not buy the car that comes WITH those rims..Its the difference between being rich and being wealthy..but that's a debate for another time....anywayz....

I'm really not mad at ya'll......I just get a kick out of messing with passionate mofos like you..its funny how defensive people get...at the end of the day Its all love. Nothing i say or do can change how you feel about the process or the quality of the music you make.

Keep doing your thing Danoc. You are a real dude.

i love tap tempo hell I bought a mpc for it lol. u just tap the button and it gives u a rough estimate of your tempo of the song by the tempo you tap. Try it on your mpc youll see how useful it is

Well, if ur the kind of person who puts rims on a car while still making payments..that's on you....Why not buy the car that comes WITH those rims..Its the difference between being rich and being wealthy..but that's a debate for another time....anywayz....

I'm really not mad at ya'll......I just get a kick out of messing with passionate mofos like you..its funny how defensive people get...at the end of the day Its all love. Nothing i say or do can change how you feel about the process or the quality of the music you make.

Keep doing your thing Danoc. You are a real dude.

What up MistaOx, for me I wouldn't get defensive just for Record, my take is when someone tells me I should be doing or buying something THIS WAY, when I know what I want and need and have been using a product. I know what it can do for me and how I am rocking in it. Record for ME is the ultimate because it reminds me of the MPC but virtually but yet waaaaaaaaayyyyyy more features than a MPC. I make dough doing this, and when cats start telling me I should do it this way when I didn't ask, then I step up to say hold on!

So a person can diss Record all day long I don't care, just don't tell me how to run my studio then you get a problem from me and that's what dudes have been doing. This is not against you MistaOx I am just saying, and then the arguments start, when we should be helping one another so we can learn from each other.

Peace bro. and thanks and you keep doing your thing.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

i love tap tempo hell I bought a mpc for it lol. u just tap the button and it gives u a rough estimate of your tempo of the song by the tempo you tap. Try it on your mpc youll see how useful it is

Ok I can do that, but is the song in the MPC playing while tapping the tap tempo? What? ? Could you be more specific please, like what to do? thanks

Yeah I ordered that M Audio Axiom 25 for my lap top, got it for a good low price, so now I can travel and rock beats. :)

Last edited:
What up MistaOx, for me I wouldn't get defensive just for Record, my take is when someone tells me I should be doing or buying something THIS WAY, when I know what I want and need and have been using a product. I know what it can do for me and how I am rocking in it. Record for ME is the ultimate because it reminds me of the MPC but virtually but yet waaaaaaaaayyyyyy more features than a MPC. I make dough doing this, and when cats start telling me I should do it this way when I didn't ask, then I step up to say hold on!

So a person can diss Record all day long I don't care, just don't tell me how to run my studio then you get a problem from me and that's what dudes have been doing. This is not against you MistaOx I am just saying, and then the arguments start, when we should be helping one another so we can learn from each other.

Peace bro. and thanks and you keep doing your thing.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Ok I can do that, but is the song in the MPC playing while tapping the tap tempo? What? ? Could you be more specific please, like what to do? thanks

Yeah I ordered that M Audio Axiom 25 for my lap top, got it for a good low price, so now I can travel and rock beats. :)

from the main screen tap the tap tempo button 4 times and watch the tempo change. thats all it is. its a very useful feature imo. especially if you deal with loops and samples

from the main screen tap the tap tempo button 4 times and watch the tempo change. thats all it is. its a very useful feature imo. especially if you deal with loops and samples

Is the beat playing while I am tapping the tempo?

Back