I declare record!!!

one has to know their strength and weaknesses

very true...

I know my place and stay in my lane

good point
:smokinFP:

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Audio Separation Files and Multi-Stem Mastering allows us to modify the sound on only the stems that need it - leaving other stems completely un-touched! It's more selective and more powerful. Even if we don't alter the stems at all - just using them instead of a stereo mix that has been summed in a Digital Audio Workstation opens up the sound, improves the transients, fullness and dimension. It's totally flexible.

continued at the article link:

http://www.johnvestman.com/multi-stem.htm

nice post!

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Nah using the same computer. Because it's not rewire, where you are recording Record into a Daw it's in reverse, where you record your VSTi's into Record.

but how can that be when Record can only record physical hardware inputs on your sound-card / audio interface???

very true...

good point
:smokinFP:

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

nice post!

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

but how can that be when Record can only record physical hardware inputs on your sound-card / audio interface???

That's what I asked also, the way JB was explaining it it over rides something. I haven't done it yet I am going to look into it. I think for the most part, if your dealing with a interface that connects to Core Audio and has something else for the Mac I wouldn't know what that is yet I have to find out. If it's something else it may open up Core Audio don't let ish pass it, Asio does and it opens up analog and adat ins. So it might work that way, but JB works on a mac so I gotta touch base with him to get the full understanding.

Last edited:
word...

definitely a useful tool!

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

i also wouldn't mind if Record had the AUDIO OUT CLIPPING indicator like Reason does...

i take that back...

turns out it moved from the left side to the right side:

Fig-04-record-global-input-meter-clip.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

mad at my Audio Kontrol 1 for not having a input clipping indicator!

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

the TRACK PARAMETER AUTOMATION feature ain't no joke either...

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

and that SSL EQ will bring out frequencies on your instruments like ketchup bring out the flavor on french fries...

and that SSL EQ will bring out frequencies on your instruments like ketchup bring out the flavor on french fries...

36_2_34.gif
36_2_34.gif
36_2_34.gif
36_2_34.gif

:rofl::rofl:

36_2_34.gif

Yo no you didn't say like ketchup bring out the flava on french fries lol hahah :rofl:

36_2_34.gif

Yoooooo I can't breathe lol I am literally laughing lol :rofl: You are officially A FEWL! LOL Classic!

i don't see where Record users can change the bit-depth...yet...

What you mean Deaf as in 16bit, 24 bit?

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

i like it

Peace John how are you? What are some of the features you like about it?

Last edited:
one thing that KINDA sucks is that u can't bounce mixer channels in demo mode...

Well my brotha, a demo=Demostration is just that, it's only a preview of the original that has all of the original product. It doesn't suck it's just the way it is.

It's like a sound pack being sold, "I HAVE 2,500 DRUMS AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE DEMO". The Demo only will give you 130 sounds, you wouldn't and shouldn't expect 2,500 as a demo, they might as well not use a demo.
Thought you bought Record already? :cheers:

Thought you bought Record already? :cheers:

i did...lol...

i just run it in different modes just for the heck of it...
:)

the mixer is NICE though...the MASTER SECTION in the RACK is DOPE...

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

as in 16bit, 24 bit?

yeah...

in the preferences it lets users change the sample rate, but not the bit depth...

i did...lol...

i just run it in different modes just for the heck of it...
:)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

yeah...

in the preferences it lets users change the sample rate, but not the bit depth...

What up F or Deaf?
Yeah bro you can change the bit depth when you export and bounce you can do this, illustrated in the pics from my Record. This great that we can share and ask questions, this is exactly what my intentions were, so we can help one another.

2hqfr6t.jpg

30a9qf4.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

QUOTE]

shoot that mixer is more than nice lol IT'S HOT, IT'S SICK, OFF THE CHAIN, SUPER DUPER DOPE I just had to say that lol I know it's pissing someone off lol

:bigeyes:Oh that mastering suite is crazy hot! That is like the bread and butta of it all after you finish mixing, it takes your joint to a whole different level! DeRanGed got some nice presets.

Now I'll get Reason 5 and Record 1.5 for free when they are released. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

and by the way, I really like the sound of the mixer eq and the Master Compressor!!!!:)

cool...i was under the impression that sample rates AND bit depth had to be chosen BEFORE the recording session began; for some reason...

Oh that mastering suite is crazy hot! That is like the bread and butta of it all after you finish mixing, it takes your joint to a whole different level!

i think what's really dope is the fact that you can CHOOSE to bounce your MASTER SECTION or not...u can EASILY send PROCESSED or UNPROCESSED stems w/ the click of ONE button.
:sing:

Last edited:
Now I'll get Reason 5 and Record 1.5 for free when they are released. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

and by the way, I really like the sound of the mixer eq and the Master Compressor!!!!:)
Im buying tomorrow first thing in the morning

another dope feature is bouncing to SONG...all audio files / stems will be the EXACT SAME LENGTH...

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

AND if you choose to BOUNCE AUDIO FILES ON DISK, Record PUTS ALL THE JOINTS IN ONE, SINGLE FOLDER (pro tools ANYONE?)

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

yo DaNOC, do you choose the NORMALIZE option when you are bouncing in Record???

another dope feature is bouncing to SONG...all audio files / stems will be the EXACT SAME LENGTH...

I think just about everything does that now. As a matter of fact, I was just doing that with some of my Live songs, and opening them up in Record. I just wanted to hear how they sound with Record's mixer.

Last edited:

cool...i was under the impression that sample rates AND bit depth had to be chosen BEFORE the recording session began; for some reason...

i think what's really dope is the fact that you can CHOOSE to bounce your MASTER SECTION or not...u can EASILY send PROCESSED or UNPROCESSED stems w/ the click of ONE button.
:sing:

See this is what I was saying but some cats wanted to argue and don't even have the program. this is why I said I dont need another Daw, plus you can also bounce the midi also so if you were to go to another Daw you can up and down the tempo and it won't be affected that hot. Once one got Record you don't need nothing else, they can keep all that other stuff that's on the market, and it's going to get better!

Back