I declare record!!!

it's true...

makin' a beat should be as quick, comfortable, and gratifying as making a peanut-butter & jelly sandwich w/ a glass of milk...

Exactly my point and stay in one environment also without having to rewire or bounce. I have fell in love so much with that mastering suite in Record man it's ridiculous. I never used it before. Again it's my ALL IN ALL software.

:bigeyes: ohhhhh snap not you too? Peanut Butta and Jelly Samich? LOL :rofl::rofl:with a glass of Milk? Man I do that too but don't do milk I use Almond milk, a glass of that with some ice and two P/J samiches and I am good to go.

sup w/ Record not bein' able to export to .mp3???

is that true? or just a rumor???

---------- Post added 06-26-2010 at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-25-2010 at 10:29 PM ----------

and is it true that RnR is a can never be a "master" application? only a "slave" application?

no props products support mp3. its annoying but they dont want to pay the license fees which are very pricey. and would probably tripple the cost of the software

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

and Record cannot be the master program. when in rewire it acts just like reason does you should really dl the demo

sup w/ Record not bein' able to export to .mp3???

is that true? or just a rumor???

---------- Post added 06-26-2010 at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-25-2010 at 10:29 PM ----------

and is it true that RnR is a can never be a "master" application? only a "slave" application?

Reason was a master to Rebirth only. Record is sort of a master to Reason. But that's about it. As for exporting to MP3, it's hard to say why they don't add that feature. They just don't. I don't think it's about cost, not when other applications that cost half of what Reason costs have had that ability for a decade.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/exclusive-video-propellerhead-record-206523

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

i also wouldn't mind if Record had the AUDIO OUT CLIPPING indicator like Reason does...

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

and i'd say prolly one of the MAIN THINGS that Record is missing is a TAB TO TRANSIENT feature...like pro tools has...

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

good thread glad to see alot of reason suporters get together for a well built program properllerheads must have a allstar list of programmers in sweden ive never had a daw so stable i swear reason 4 only gave me the blue screen once and never saw it again but im thinking it was something else that caused it.

1.stababilty really inportant i hate when i have alot of effects in other daws and i have to up my latency or turn off some effects to lay down vocals...i know i can just bounce the channels with effects and free up cpu again but it just makes a mess with more tracks to sort and organize and i like to be using that time creating something. also the cpu usage is very light i can put as many effects as i want on my vocal track and still get near zero latency response

2. the quality of the effects and synths they are really straight forward and clear and its funn mixing them up seeing what new sound u can create

3. remote overide edit mode its crazy the amount of things they let u map to a midi controller

3. sequencing very easy to modify midi and automation clips and organize them although it would be nice to add pencil tool automated shapes like square saws and triangle like protools and cubase have would come in handy when u already know how u would like the automation to go

overall i just cant see myself using another daw it has all i need and when reason 5 comes out i really wouldnt need another daw i one of the draw back i had was the difficulty and layering drum in nnxt and redrum kong is going to mark this off my list with the nnxt nano its all i would need it even has monofonic option so i can go crazy with the kicks and not worry about overlap its worth the upgrade for kong alone cant wait also i would like to see a convolution reverb module i have some impulse response wavs i would love to use with reason they should really add it to the rv7000

heres a record wallpaper i created in photoshop its not an official but its very minimal and easy on the eyes the deminsions are for my widescreen laptop it may still look ok if u stretch it

recordwallpaper.jpg

I really don't think Props wanna deal with the MP3 license because their goal is to keep a cost efficient program for their users. You have to buy that license and I don't see them doing that. Plus you can always get a wav to MP3 convertor. I have one and it does it in the blink of an eye so I am good on that. I only deal with MP3's to let people listen not for going in a major studio to dump bounced files from Record. Mp3's are already compressed and when the mix is done and mastered there will be another compression, and you will be recommended not to bring in MP3 files to a major studio to do radio ready work.

F Or Deaf yeah I recommend the Tab to transient in the Props forum, it would be easier to edit, and they need Something like STRIP SILENCE to clean up tracks in it also, that would make editing much quicker and faster. I believe they will in time.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

good thread glad to see alot of reason suporters get together for a well built program properllerheads must have a allstar list of programmers in sweden ive never had a daw so stable i swear reason 4 only gave me the blue screen once and never saw it again but im thinking it was something else that caused it.

overall i just cant see myself using another daw it has all i need and when reason 5 comes out i really wouldnt need another daw i one of the draw back i had was the difficulty and layering drum in nnxt and redrum kong is going to mark this off my list with the nnxt nano its all i would need it even has monofonic option so i can go crazy with the kicks and not worry about overlap its worth the upgrade for kong alone cant wait also i would like to see a convolution reverb module i have some impulse response wavs i would love to use with reason they should really add it to the rv7000

:bigeyes: Wooooooooow my dude, that pic took up my whole 15 inch screen lol I thought I landed in an unknown Record forum lol

Yes we are here to discuss the possibilities of RnR without arguing, this thread is for those that are loving it without wild complaints. So we share info in a positive way to help one another understand the program. thank you for your positive post, it was nice.

Now did you say, get near zero latency response? :rofl: :rofl: Another satisfied customer of the latency aspect within RnR. So when I say "NO LATENCY" which means "NO LATENCY ISSUES" I am not giving misinformation after all :rofl:

Pencil tool? I know it's in Record, shoot I don't even use Reason no more but the pencil tool is in Record. I don't even feel like cutting on my equipment to check, IS THERE A PENCIL TOOL IN REASON 4 ANYONE?

Rodney are you thinking of upgrading to Record 1.5? They are getting Neptune = Autotune in that and you said you do vocals.
Kong is a much waiting piece for me too, it will be my MPC virtually instead of the hardware, and this is so beautiful to me. I am looking forward for Kong, Neptune and Doc Oct, crazy! When I get these pieces it's going to change the way I produce my music and it's going to be some what different.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any songs done solely in record? i want to hear some finished songs with vocals so i can hear what a mix sounds like out of it. i have been toying with the idea of getting record lately.

Does anyone have any songs done solely in record? i want to hear some finished songs with vocals so i can hear what a mix sounds like out of it. i have been toying with the idea of getting record lately.

Peace SSB, here is a video I did not to long ago with vocals in Record using the SSL 9000K. Yes look into it, this is the best thing that came around for me and I am loving it.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8l5avfxMmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8l5avfxMmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

another small thing i don't like is that the sequencer's AUDIO tracks don't show volume OUTPUT levels...only INPUT levels....

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Peace SSB, here is a video I did

how come you don't have the instrument tracks tracked out?

you decided to just import the beat as a single stereo .wav?

another small thing i don't like is that the sequencer's AUDIO tracks don't show volume OUTPUT levels...only INPUT levels....

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

how come you don't have the instrument tracks tracked out?

you decided to just import the beat as a single stereo .wav?

Yeah, remember I did all my work on the MPC and mixed in my Yamaha O2R and made a stereo track before I even had Record. So being I mixed it nice on the O2R saved it as a stereo track. Brought it into Record, got the singer to do his thing and then I did my thing with the mixing and engineering then did it. The new tracks I do now will have all the tracks plus vocals. Doing it that way though do save a lot of tracks from being in Record so you can do it that way and do all the tracks in Record. Mastering people from what I know can take my stems and do a marvelous job with what I have and they prefer the stereo track and vocals and they have control. That's why now I am going to do all in Record it will be my ALL IN ALL!

Last edited:
Mastering people from what I know can take my stems and do a marvelous job with what I have and they prefer the stereo track and vocals and they have control. That's why now I am going to do all in Record it will be my ALL IN ALL!

so you give them your stems and the stereo .wav file?

so you give them your stems and the stereo .wav file?

Yeah, I give the stereo track with music, and all the vocal tracks as wav. to the mastering person and they do their magic. He has a lot of control that way.

Most people send just a stereo track of everything, music and lyrics as one stereo track, and the Mastering person deals with that, but the stems give the mastering people more control .

Last edited:
Yeah, I give the stereo track with music, and all the vocal tracks as wav. to the mastering person and they do their magic. He has a lot of control that way.

Most people send just a stereo track of everything, music and lyrics as one stereo track, and the Mastering person deals with that, but the stems give the mastering people more control .

so if you do your own mixing, then why not do your own mastering??

so if you do your own mixing, then why not do your own mastering??

Deaf, when it comes to true mastering, that mastering that's ready for the radio, I leave that to the pros who just do only that. They have years in the business and their ears are trained for that and they know the ends and outs of frequenices well. They know more than I do, it's a skill it's not something one can just jump into. It's best to leave it up to one who has years of experience, I don't want to try and do everything. My last door at the front is mixing and I let the pros do their job. Mastering people take it to a whole different level.

That's why I don't do my own mastering.

record is getting like a magnet to me it keeps drawing me in hahah but i think ima wait till Reason 5 drops till i get record. Danoc good lookin out on that vid sounds dope.

It's best to leave it up to one who has years of experience, I don't want to try and do everything

i can dig it
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

it's dope that Record has EIGHT send FX slots compared to Reason's FOUR slots...

record is getting like a magnet to me it keeps drawing me in hahah but i think ima wait till Reason 5 drops till i get record. Danoc good lookin out on that vid sounds dope.

Yeah I was rocking Reason 4 it was cool, I did the beats and so forth got to know it, when they came with Record, my eyes went like this------> :bigeyes:

It drew me in like a magnet too, and as I got to learn it, I said and made up the decision that this was going to be it for me as far as making the beat, using effects, and synths etc in it, mixing and making a final product for the mastering plant all in Record. I am using it quicker I am showing others and they are running out buying it, it's a wonderful tool, and it has made my life easier. I don't want nor need another program. THIS IS IT! With the updates SSB, man it just made me love it more. Anything else I need done I can get it done and I have my work arounds. Now that I know of two programs that you can bring your standalone VSTi's up and record them straight into Record It just got that much better !!!

BIG UPS TO SAY IT TERROR FOR THAT!

SSB that SSL 9000K in Record is SICK, HOT, DOPE, OFF THE HOOK, CRAZY!:rofl: You would love it.
That thing is like having a MPC, Mixing board, Effects, Vsti's (refills let me say that before someone acts up) etc all in one place and that's where I want to be because I use to use all my Stuff in one Place in the MPC and just added the effects from the mixing hardware board, so Now I got it good.

Oh no problem on the video.:smokinFP:

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

i can dig it
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

it's dope that Record has EIGHT send FX slots compared to Reason's FOUR slots...

See Deaf, one has to know their strength and weaknesses and mastering is not a strength of mines and I don't have an ambition to do it, I know my place and stay in my lane.

Well that's the SSL 9000K for you, it has in the real hardware 8 joints like that so if they were to emulate it they had to do it to the bone lol And see you make up your effects as a template leave it and when you open up a new session they will always be there. For me I only opened up four incase I want to open up more while I am doing a session. It's not like PT popups their just there and I love that. You can use presets or users on them and bammmmm that's it. I just tap on the buttons and that's all she wrote do a lil tweaking just like a reall SSL board and get to work. The talks we are having is so positive and I am digging the vibe frequencies from all you guys.

Deaf here's a good article on Stem Mastering vs Stereo two track mastering. You should find this enjoyable.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Best Mix Equals the Best Master.
Multi-Stem Mastering supports your mix as no other format can.
Many studio owners/engineers find themselves working overtime to compete with the sound of Grammy-winning hits. Even if your mix is perfect, mastering today can alter the overall mix blend if we are asked to go for the hottest possible volume levels. Big volume can be good, but it can limit (literally) the potential of your sound. Enter a new mastering format...

Why it's Better

Audio Separation Files do what every mulit-band compressor dreams it could do - allow the mastering engineer to precisely enhance portions of a mix - without changing other portions of that mix. Yet there can be compromises with multi-band compressors when used in conventional mastering - they are operating on a complex waveform that includes all elements embedded within the mix.

Audio Separation Files and Multi-Stem Mastering allows us to modify the sound on only the stems that need it - leaving other stems completely un-touched! It's more selective and more powerful. Even if we don't alter the stems at all - just using them instead of a stereo mix that has been summed in a Digital Audio Workstation opens up the sound, improves the transients, fullness and dimension. It's totally flexible.

continued at the article link:

http://www.johnvestman.com/multi-stem.htm

So the next time you send out for mastering, think about stem mastering.

Last edited:
using the same computer that Record is installed on? or a separate computer???

Nah using the same computer. Because it's not rewire, where you are recording Record into a Daw it's in reverse, where you record your VSTi's into Record.

Back