I declare record!!!

DaNOC

NO FLAMES!!!
This is a board where we can talk positive of the program and where I can learn some things, and see where others are at. If Record/Reason is limited, and you don’t like it, this is not the thread for your dislikes. If you are a REGISTERED user you can always take that up with Props they will be glad to listen. I’m not one that keeps honing in on negative aspects of this product because I see what Props are doing and how they are coming. I am asking the mods if one gets out of hand please don’t delete the thread, handle the person, the thread shouldn’t suffer because of someone else wants to argue. Again this is about what it has done for you and why you declare it, and how do you use it.

I DECLARE RECORD/REASON

This thread is made for those that want to talk about the good of Record/Reason and what it has done for you, and your work flow and sonic quality.

I will start off with myself and how Record has basically change my way of work and the transition from my MPC over to Record.

When I first began using Reason I seen it as my virtual MPC, times 10. The MPC is a great tool, but for me Reason at that time was and is better than the MPC, will I get rid of my MPC? NO! Because I can do things on it wickedly, and all I did was not try to find an excuse to get rid of my MPC but how could I corporate it in the Reason set up.

Then came Record, and that was like Reason times 20! I had already done music in Reason but when they introduced Record, I was like a child in a candy store. Mind you I had Protools and just updated to 8.0. Granted there are programs out there that were there before Record but I didn’t want them. I didn’t want Cubase, I tested out Live didn’t like it, especially the GUI, I wasn’t even thinking about getting battery, etc. If I wanted them I would of gotten them. My biggest concern is having the hottest Vsti’s and I could and can incorporate this when making music on my MPC using PT to help me make music with the MPC using my method.

Record for ME is an all in one software. It’s like my MPC inside the computer that’s why I never concentrated on those other software programs because I used the MPC so I was good. Record put me in a comfortable place which I was seeking for a long while. I can make the beat up in Record which I couldn’t music in PT, I would track out of my MPC into PT and that’s how it got the music I never made music in PT because the sequencer wasn’t up to par. Now I can with ease with no latency issues and great CPU stability.

What I love about Record is:
1. SSL emulation is one heck of an emulation and I can mix good in Record and I am able to take it straight to the mastering plant without using PT. The sonic quality is real nice and being I know the hardware SSL 9000K this sits me beyond the phrase “just for musicians”, why else would they put a strip of the SSL 9000k in Record if it was just for musicians? The efficient amount of strip use the huge amount of instances that come up, on every track, so each sound with have it’s own sonic power which is good and reliable to mix. The lay out scheme like the 9000K for effects and compressors is awesome and I don’t see in other programs having a mixer like this unless you EXTRA BUY Waves SSL or Sony Oxford which I wasn’t going to do for PT, it wasn’t worth it. I would have been peed off if I had and then came Record!

2. Time Stretch, when I saw this, it sold me from the very beginning, the ease of using it is just turn down the tempo and that’s it. No clicking to get this or that. Now you will be able to stretch a clip soon with the new update by just holding down the apple button and pulling the end of the clip to stretch? That’s ridiculous! This is important for when a client ask to turn up the tempo or down on a track you can do it with ease without any hassle and that’s what I go for, “IT JUST WORKS” is the motto.

3. The sequencer is really my friend, and yeah there is other software out there and like I said, I didn’t want them, I don’t want to have five daws, I just need ONE! And Record is that one for me and I see where Props is headed and they will keep improving and I am out for the long ride with them.

4. Bouncing technique in Record, simultaneously all your tracks if you want or not, they just have so many options and I am a bouncer not into rewire. The quickness of boucing/exporting out in wav or aiff is so fast, within seconds without dealing with it in realtime and I love that.

5. GUI, I love the way it looks great on screen and I don’t need say more.

6. Stability, oh this is so great and I don’t have to worry if I open up to many of it’s plugins my computer would go bonkers though I own an 8 core Mac lol It’s important to work in an environment where you can trust and have confidence it won’t shut down on you. I have a great computer plus a great program and I can’t go wrong!

7. For the price you get a whole virtual studio, and it’s great than spending dollars for extra vsts IMO and have all what I need in a program. It just makes me wanna make music.

8. Routing, oh man, this is so great for me and what you can do, the possibilities are endless. It’s just crazy what you can do from using the groove thingy to CV usage which I am going to get into. Plus using the master suite is lovely for me and see it’s all right there in one place.

9. EXPLODE! I can make up a drum track using kicks, snares, hihats and percussion all at once because I really don’t like the one at a time, one finger jab type of drum making. I get a different flavor when I do all my drums at once then explode them to their different lanes on one track so they call can be separated. I use to do this on the MPC but had to do it manually but I never complained and just did it, and loved it because I became quick at it so it was cool, now I have it better!

10. Vst’s and Vst’s, Record/Reason has it’s OWN! Props are heading to put their own in there. I see people want their favorite 3rd party plugins there it’s not going to happen! They are actually and have done this, by putting in ID8, Line 6 amp, Thor, Subtractor, Malstrom, and tons of refills, like Garritan and Philharmonik refills. Sonic Reality 1-20 volume is sick, Soul school, Abbey Rhodes/Roads, their own Piano etc. So when others ask for Vsti’s it’s like what else do you need? If one wants their favorite, that’s why they made rewire. Their effects I don’t even have to get into because they are just so dope it’s ridiculous.

11. I am able to use ALL MY HARDWARE MODULES IN IT! I have been making music with my hardware in Record lately and it’s stunning people when I take my music to major studios. They can’t believe it, and it’s wonderful I can bring my hardware into the mix and I don’t have to worry about 3rd party Vst’s though I have a nice collection of EastWest and I will use them in Record also and I have my way of doing that ;)

12. I love the fact I can turn my midi drums into audio with out having to open an audio track then bus it over then record in realtime. Nah, it's faster and easier in Record.

I could go on, but that’s a few, this is MY environment that I will use from now on and I am loving it. This is not fanboyism, which is the most ignorant term I have seen on these boards since the word hating came into play. I just enjoy a company that has made my work flow and production life style so much easier in one environment. I don’t have time to complain, I just wanted a program that “JUST WORKS” for me. With the addition of Kong, Neptune, sampling realtime, blocks etc it’s just going to get that better for ME.

So who else is having a good time with it and how is it effecting your musical life?
:cheers::sing:

I am so feeling this new refill, if you're into those mountain airy sounds, yo this is hot to def! I am loving this thing, I am going to incorporate these sounds in Pop and RnB tracks.

2lsz47m.jpg

https://www.propellerheads.se/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=category&Cat=4200 <-- so many refills it's ridiculous cheap also

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

Last edited:
Reason/Record sucks man how many times i gotta tell you! nah im just kidding :) but this should be an interesting thread.

Reason/Record sucks man how many times i gotta tell you! nah im just kidding :) but this should be an interesting thread.

:rofl: you play to much man, I am already mad my Celtics lost don't push it bro lol hahahaha

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

When is it gonna be released ( V. 5 / R 1.5 ) ??? They say late summer so I guess August ??

Klick man, I am like a dope fiend waiting for this thing, I be scratching and itching, sweating in my sleep man they need to come on with the come on so i can get down with the get down lol :rofl: It might fall late July or August but that's only an opinion but it should probably drop about that time. I can't wait.

I love it.. recording my live automation is ridiculous! I Grab a nob on the Thor (release nob) let it play and record it at the same time, is so easy. Creating sounds is so easy in ph products that's why I don't consider reason/record an music program, nah its an instrument. I'm so glad 5 years ago walking into a music store looking for a music program (fruity loops) and the dude said have yall tried reason, Me and my big brother was like nah. He said its more professional and musical, he was right. We put that bad boy in th computer and was kinda disappointed because we were expecting that digital sound but it was dry hardware sound at that time we had no idea that about music. We wanted the program to do the music for us instead it force us to make music in our own and reason made us create our own sound/style. Then record came out and blasted us to the moon and back.

I love it.. recording my live automation is ridiculous! I Grab a nob on the Thor (release nob) let it play and record it at the same time, is so easy. Creating sounds is so easy in ph products that's why I don't consider reason/record an music program, nah its an instrument. I'm so glad 5 years ago walking into a music store looking for a music program (fruity loops) and the dude said have yall tried reason, Me and my big brother was like nah. He said its more professional and musical, he was right. We put that bad boy in th computer and was kinda disappointed because we were expecting that digital sound but it was dry hardware sound at that time we had no idea that about music. We wanted the program to do the music for us instead it force us to make music in our own and reason made us create our own sound/style. Then record came out and blasted us to the moon and back.

LOL :rofl: No you didn't say blast you to the moon and back lol hahah :rofl::rofl: Man you crazy lol It's nice to meet you Level Seven.
On the real I didn't think the automation was going to be all that in Record/Reason, man it's just as good as PT and I used my MPC to do automation also so now I don't have to use it there anymore. Yes it's so easy, now you can draw it in with the pencil tool. Have you used the Razor ? if so how is that working for you? I love it.
Also what's your take on the squencer?
Thor is a beast we will be here for months talking about that alone lol and now they have products out for it, STRAIGHT BEAST! So how are you digging Record? Because I went from Reason to Record, Record is where I do everything mixing, making the track, arrangement, pre mastering etc. I use Reason to make a beat and idea and Ima put that on my lappy with is the MacProbook and just carry it around and use the keyboard on the computer to make the beats.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

:rofl: you play to much man, I am already mad my Celtics lost don't push it bro lol hahahaha

i hate the Celtics but i was going for them because i hate Kobe that much more :) NY Knicks fan for life!

Ummm Ummm Knick WHO? :rofl: LOL Man Ima get me a 30/30 yard and take Kobe off this planet lol :rofl:

k i like reason, currently use pro tools 8le and cubase 5

I'm interested about the integration of the two programs (reason+record). Can someone briefly explain how they interact, or link me a video?

record &reason combo is amazing for what it does. record is pretty much reason's personal daw. when you open up record and you have reason. record automatically becomes reason no rewire none of the other stuff it just works.

k i like reason, currently use pro tools 8le and cubase 5

I'm interested about the integration of the two programs (reason+record). Can someone briefly explain how they interact, or link me a video?

Peace Pfeezing.

The integrating is so simple.

If you have reason 4 and then you buy Record, all your Reason 4 files will open up in Record, it's just that simple, no rewiring or nothing, it's really nothing to teach. When you get Record you just register it, make sure Reason 4 is too.

Open up a new Record session, then go to the top menu where it says "FILE" then on the drop down you will see "Open" go there a box dialogue will open, there you search your Reason 4 session, find those wherever you put them on whichever hard drive. Then you click that Reason session and then hit "OPEN" AND watch your now Reason 4 session open up in Record and that's simple integration.

Sup Mr Gibbs, hows it treating you?

Last edited:
man reason is doing what it always does its treating me well its pretty my personal triton, motif,fantom, oasyss all of that. i love reason/record.

man reason is doing what it always does its treating me well its pretty my personal triton, motif,fantom, oasyss all of that. i love reason/record.

:rofl: Sounding like a true Reason/Record person lol I stay excited with this thing. I work faster, hit some chords with some hot sounds, melody, counter melody, hot drums, percussion, fat bridge and chorus with a nice B-Section, arrange it and poof!!! Gone lol Oh and loving the heck outta that SSL 9000k, awwwwwh man it's so freakin easy to use! got some people buying lol they saw that joint and heard what I had and went and bought it lol

What up DaNOC?

Hey man for me learing Record is where it is at when it comes to your cpu! I have been working with my cousin on some demo songs to get out to a couple of artist and when i told him wasn't going to use pro tools he was unsure. I had been doing beats in Reason/Record but I hadn't laid any vocals until he came over. Once I changed the latency man I had no problems! Man I had over 30 tracks with effects and compression. I don't even think the cpu at the bottom went past the first bar and I am just using iMac 21.5" 3.06Ghz with 4 gigs!

So for me it is perfect for what I do. I can use my Fantom, and make my own claps and snaps, something I wasn't able to do with just Reason. If I need to use PT8 MP, i just export it out and open it up in PT. No problems or complaints over here.

What up DaNOC?

Hey man for me learing Record is where it is at when it comes to your cpu! I have been working with my cousin on some demo songs to get out to a couple of artist and when i told him wasn't going to use pro tools he was unsure. I had been doing beats in Reason/Record but I hadn't laid any vocals until he came over. Once I changed the latency man I had no problems! Man I had over 30 tracks with effects and compression. I don't even think the cpu at the bottom went past the first bar and I am just using iMac 21.5" 3.06Ghz with 4 gigs!

So for me it is perfect for what I do. I can use my Fantom, and make my own claps and snaps, something I wasn't able to do with just Reason. If I need to use PT8 MP, i just export it out and open it up in PT. No problems or complaints over here.

:bigeyes: Dang you killin it on your iMac that's dope bro. Exactly! I don't even use PT no mo lol Say if a client wants it in PT I bounce and put it on a portable drive and drag and drop into PT at the studio. When I am doing my own stuff for the publishing people I mix there in Record take it straight to the mastering plant and it's a done deal. Love it man.

Dang you had over 30 tracks and it didn't go pass one bar? lol That's dope, I love the stability and no latency and not a CPU hog.

thanks for sharing

:bigeyes: Dang you killin it on your iMac that's dope bro. Exactly! I don't even use PT no mo lol Say if a client wants it in PT I bounce and put it on a portable drive and drag and drop into PT at the studio. When I am doing my own stuff for the publishing people I mix there in Record take it straight to the mastering plant and it's a done deal. Love it man.

Dang you had over 30 tracks and it didn't go pass one bar? lol That's dope, I love the stability and no latency and not a CPU hog.

thanks for sharing

No problem big dawg! I will double check the cpu on that song but i was telling my cousin like look man we hadn't used any power! He said it sounded amazing. I am not a engineer, so I did the best I can on the mix and he thought it was good. He was actually impressed so imange what an engineer could do with Record!

Its great to have if you own reason or not!

Combinator, combinator, combinator w/RPG8/Matrix/Thor, need I say combinator again? Need I say that you can reinvent yourself as a producer everytime you start Reason/Record and your only true limitation is your mind expansion capability? I LOVE REASON/RECORD. it's just cool, and what makes it cool for me is that it's both functional and cool at the same time.

No problem big dawg! I will double check the cpu on that song but i was telling my cousin like look man we hadn't used any power! He said it sounded amazing. I am not a engineer, so I did the best I can on the mix and he thought it was good. He was actually impressed so imange what an engineer could do with Record!

Its great to have if you own reason or not!

That's what's up Da Jizzle, I am loving it.

See what you said was something very positive that dudes should look at. Engineers have said the SSL 9000K in Record is a very good emulation. See being I mix on the real one it was like no brainer for me to us this. I can work faster on this better than with PT. it sounds amazing performance wise because Record is utilizing all your multicores. What I have done now is grabbed and made 24 bit /44.1 drums and percussion, that way when I mix it's so easy to mix in the stereo spectrum and you hear more detailed sound, some notice it some don't I am the one that do. In a minute it's about to get sicker, stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Combinator, combinator, combinator w/RPG8/Matrix/Thor, need I say combinator again? Need I say that you can reinvent yourself as a producer everytime you start Reason/Record and your only true limitation is your mind expansion capability? I LOVE REASON/RECORD. it's just cool, and what makes it cool for me is that it's both functional and cool at the same time.

s5wbuq.jpg

Bro you just spoke the truth. what up man how you?

Yo that combinator is the ish! Now that RPG8 I gotta get more into that, the Thor I have been using it lately, that thing is a freakin beast and you can make it anyway you want. it's just dumb bananas. Like you said you can reinvent yourself over and over, that's why I say IT HAS ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES! I don't see limits, others do that's on them. You are so right, true limits is ones own mind expansion, you put it best!

Pep, the thing is, it's going to keep getting better and better lol I'm in for the long haul. I am a guy that just likes to get one good program and this is it no hassle it just works.
Pep let me ask you have you had any latency issues? Do you record from outside hardware into record and have latency issues? I don't, but in PT I did, that's why I am strictly working in Record for my ALL IN ALL now. Im not doing that anymore in PT, Ima use Record and do all my tracks there and my MPC stuff I am transfering it over to Record and mix from there.

Anyone who has had any latency issues if you're using outside hardware like I am? I record right up into Record with no issues when I am making tracks.

What ya know DaNOC? Everythangs lovely on my side. I have no latency issues with the program. Very stable. I know latency is there, even if it's a fraction of a ms it's there, but honestly who would notice? It's solid man. Pro Tools of course, IMO, has the worst MIDI sequencer out. I haven't used Pro Tools in forever, don't think i'll upgrade either when the upgrade comes. But knowing me, I will, just because I can. No other real reason. I don't need it, Record/Reason is as complete as it will get in my book. Its more complete than Komplete lol.

What ya know DaNOC? Everythangs lovely on my side. I have no latency issues with the program. Very stable. I know latency is there, even if it's a fraction of a ms it's there, but honestly who would notice? It's solid man. Pro Tools of course, IMO, has the worst MIDI sequencer out. I haven't used Pro Tools in forever, don't think i'll upgrade either when the upgrade comes. But knowing me, I will, just because I can. No other real reason. I don't need it, Record/Reason is as complete as it will get in my book. Its more complete than Komplete lol.

buckwheat.jpg

Oh no don't say it's more complete than KOMPLETE lol hahah

I tried Kore 2 of NI, worse customer service ever! I held it for 3 weeks, it didn't work and I got rid of it. Never again! At that point I knew I was going to stay with Reason then they came with Record, just blessed my day. why would I keep buying software that was ALREADY HERE, when Record is putting them in there with different names and making it dope? I aint buying nothing else for PT, that was the last straw. Peeps don't see where Props is headed I feel sorry for them, but I do.

So no Latency issues huh? hummmmm Some peeps take things way out of text. Just to clear the air when I say NO LATENCY, I mean there arent any latency issues with this program, some people you actually have to be very direct with. :confused:

That's great man. Yeah PT I think improved on their midi in 8 but who cares I am not using it lol I like Mr Gibbs idea of wanting where you can turn the rack around and just route that is dope. Cant do that with PT. Well Pep I am on PT 8, because 8.0.1 half worked and 8.0.3 wouldn't allow Record to work, core audio was all messed up. I think they got 8.0.4. I don't care my days of buying VST's and VSTi's are over! I will deal with Record for lil money but a good and stable software that works for ME!

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

i love this thread good vibes good vibes.

True that, and that's how I want it, with good energy, and frequencies, some don't understand that, they love to waddle in chaos, and then try to make it seem like others are causing problems. We get to actually learn here. I don't know everything but I know how to get down and make music and I can prove it. this is what it's all about having fun and learning at the same time. good vibes = positive sight.

In a minute I am going to do that Groove thingy on my drums and try out that CV joint. I just gotta get into a lot of the other joints, RPG8, Scream (beast) etc. but you know what I can't wait for?

2chwfn4.jpg

K O N G !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

DENZEL VOICE!
"CAUSE IMA TEAR THIS MOTHA F***KA DOWN, BATTERY AINT GO ISH ON ME!!!

:rofl:

Last edited:
Back