record sucks

I can think of one way. I have two soundcards on my pc. All I would have to do is simply open Omnisphere in another program which is assigned to soundcard 2, and then wire it to the soundcard in that Record is running on.

In a way, I do that type of thing already. In Live, I have Sound Forge set up as my audio editor. When I want to edit something in Live with Sound Forge, I open it right in Live, but actually Sound Forge uses my Mbox as a sound card, while Live runs on my Motif.

It's not really Houdini sh!t at all.

The only problem would be syncing the midi clocks, but that's not really a problem.

first off houdini sh!t are illusions...

nothing magicial about it...

because of your example and the thought of thinking about something like that i would rather just use ableton live or cubase with reason rewired to them...

that has been my point all along...

I think the best setup would be to use Record with Live through Rewire. You can then use any vst plug ins that you want. If you find that you want to run a vst through the SSL emulation mixer, you can still do so. All you would need to do is bounce the track to audio inside of Live, and then open the new file in Record.

Like I said, it's not really Houdini sh!t at all.

It seems like too much work for me, just to use the new mixer. I'm thinking about getting Nevana instead. It's more money, but it doesn't interrupt my workflow.

Neve-88RS_fq.jpg

I think the best setup would be to use Record with Live through Rewire. You can then use any vst plug ins that you want. If you find that you want to run a vst through the SSL emulation mixer, you can still do so. All you would need to do is bounce the track to audio inside of Live, and then open the new file in Record.

[/IMG]

it is Houdini sh!t to "me" because why go thru all that?

for what?

someone has figured this out already with rewire...

let get to the music making...

It seems like too much work for me, just to use the new mixer. I'm thinking about getting Nevana instead. It's more money, but it doesn't interrupt my workflow.

That sounds like a great idea right there for those that want to use other VST plugins. That same method should work with Logic and DP users and other host. If you got say Logic open, and rewire Record to it, in Logic you can open all the vst's on top of that and record into Logic and when you play back the audio should sound they way you want it and have placed the effects on it. Good joint there.

I use to deal with Live when it first came out, I use to use it for the effects, and at that time there was no recording. I see a lot of happy users.

Last edited:
Ok I hear ya. Well I have mines, I am taking a break I am loving this thing whewwww.

I can record my 3080 in it and it sounds CRAZY! No midi though lol :cheers:
FYI, you're using more MIDI than you realize. everything you do is MIDI based! those lil rectangles in that sequencer, are MIDI notes, when you trigger the sounds of that 3080, your using MIDI note on/off messages to trigger the sounds stored within. just because you don't sequence the 3080 via a MIDI cable, doesn't mean you aren't using MIDIi. you don't need MIDI out to sequence your 3080, thats fine, we get it. some people would like MIDI out, Record doesn't have it, eventually you'd have to record that audio into Record anyway, so basically you are just skipping 1 step. but just so you know, YOU ARE USING MIDI! just thought i'd inform you.
LevLove

if you have Live, Record is kinda redundant. thats my point. being a Live and Reason user, Record is too little too late, like i said, it would have been perfect for me if they came out with it 4-5yrs ago before i found Live, but it would be redundant for me to get now. why rewire Record into Live (or any other host) when the host already has those capabilities? if all you have is Reason, than Record is a great addition, but if you have a host already, then Record is redundant.
LevLove

FYI, you're using more MIDI than you realize. everything you do is MIDI based! those lil rectangles in that sequencer, are MIDI notes, when you trigger the sounds of that 3080, your using MIDI note on/off messages to trigger the sounds stored within. just because you don't sequence the 3080 via a MIDI cable, doesn't mean you aren't using MIDIi. you don't need MIDI out to sequence your 3080, thats fine, we get it. some people would like MIDI out, Record doesn't have it, eventually you'd have to record that audio into Record anyway, so basically you are just skipping 1 step. but just so you know, YOU ARE USING MIDI! just thought i'd inform you.
LevLove

Ok, cool, we were talking about midi out for Record. Yes I use my Trinity to trigger my Triton, 3080, 1080 and when I use sounds from the Trinity there is no midi because the sounds are coming straight from that. So in fact if I use my Trinity all day long going into Record THERE IS NO MIDI AT ALL! It's like Playing straight from a guitar live. Again yes the other three are midied up to my Trinity, be we all know that's not what these cats are talking about and you know it.

Again so you will understand, all my hardware is going directly into my 002Rack by quarter inch and not utilizing any midi. it's not helping with the sequencer in Record at all I have to play on time. Which I don't mind, I love it it feels so natural. I get what you're saying but we all know that's not what these cats are asking for as oppose to having midi out in Record.

to put it plain and simple I use midi to trigger not using it to help sequencing, feel me? if my 3080 was a keyboard I wouldn't use another keyboard to trigger it, all I would have to do is plug it in and play.

Peace

For everyone out there whatever you use just have fun and make good music.

Last edited:
It seems pretty obvious from the ads that if you use a high end DAW like Sonar, Cubase, Logic, PT with a couple grand worth of plugins then Record is not for you.
If you are a digital to analog switch hitter that needs external insert capabilities for s*** that you just can't do without then it's not for you.
It looks to me like it's built for two groups. People who cried about not being able to record audio into Reason....here you go....$150. The other group is noobs who are either too intimidated or lacking the motivation to learn a more capable DAW. Still $600 for Reason/Record bundle is a better deal for a starter than Cubase, Sonar or Logic and 2 or 3 of the most popular plugins = >$1000. Then you have to learn to use all that s***, that's how people get overwhelmed and quit now.
The only problem I got with them is the SSL name drop, they didn't even have to go there with it. That's a blatant marketing gimmick with the no affiliation clause right there on the same page...lol they get a big C'monnn maaaaannne! straight noob fishing with that one. tsk..tsk...Propellerhead you already got a good rep for quality products.

It seems pretty obvious from the ads that if you use a high end DAW like Sonar, Cubase, Logic, PT with a couple grand worth of plugins then Record is not for you.
If you are a digital to analog switch hitter that needs external insert capabilities for s*** that you just can't do without then it's not for you.
It looks to me like it's built for two groups. People who cried about not being able to record audio into Reason....here you go....$150. The other group is noobs who are either too intimidated or lacking the motivation to learn a more capable DAW. Still $600 for Reason/Record bundle is a better deal for a starter than Cubase, Sonar or Logic and 2 or 3 of the most popular plugins = >$1000. Then you have to learn to use all that s***, that's how people get overwhelmed and quit now.
The only problem I got with them is the SSL name drop, they didn't even have to go there with it. That's a blatant marketing gimmick with the no affiliation clause right there on the same page...lol they get a big C'monnn maaaaannne! straight noob fishing with that one. tsk..tsk...Propellerhead you already got a good rep for quality products.

lol ahhh man leave Propel alone, every company has their marketing tactics, let them have theirs lol The thing is it works too, so it's not so much of a gimick. I feel you though you're right with what you said. Man Record $149 SOLD OUT JUST THAT DANG ON QUICK!

For what it's worth, it's hard to find a decent channel strip plug in with an eq section like Record for $149. Record may actually be worth more than that just because of the new mixer.

i beta tested this and found it too be one of the weakest daws for the price especially

i use logic and i still decided to buy record. is it redundant? maybe a little, but i was rewiring reason into logic anyway, now the only difference is i rewire record. i basically got it as an upgrade to reason. record rewires a little better than reason. so for me, i'll pay $149 for a reason upgrade, it'll probably be another 6 months to a year at least until they actually upgrade reason for real anyway. if i end up using it alone without logic, great, if not, no hiccups in my workflow. i think it comes down to how much you use reason to whether or not to get it. if you don't use reason much, then ya record won't give you anything, but if you rely on reason heavily its definitely a worthy upgrade

For what it's worth, it's hard to find a decent channel strip plug in with an eq section like Record for $149. Record may actually be worth more than that just because of the new mixer.

10y2djt.gif
Exactly ! That board is bananas! and it's only $149? IT'S WORTH IS A LOT! On the real if it cost $499 I would of still gotten it because an SSL board 9000j cost $100,000 and better! I always said they need a better mixer and boy oh boy did they come with it.

i use logic and i still decided to buy record. is it redundant? maybe a little, but i was rewiring reason into logic anyway, now the only difference is i rewire record. i basically got it as an upgrade to reason. record rewires a little better than reason. so for me, i'll pay $149 for a reason upgrade, it'll probably be another 6 months to a year at least until they actually upgrade reason for real anyway. if i end up using it alone without logic, great, if not, no hiccups in my workflow. i think it comes down to how much you use reason to whether or not to get it. if you don't use reason much, then ya record won't give you anything, but if you rely on reason heavily its definitely a worthy upgrade

What you said made a lot of sense. Thanks

10y2djt.gif
Exactly ! That board is bananas! and it's only $149? IT'S WORTH IS A LOT! On the real if it cost $499 I would of still gotten it because an SSL board 9000j cost $100,000 and better! I always said they need a better mixer and boy oh boy did they come with it.

In all fairness, people underestimate the quality of the 14:1 Mixer in Reason. it's so simple it looks wrong although it's only "Hi and Lo" it targets industry standard freq ranges that people who aren't familiar with engineering would miss while taking shots in the dark on the most professional and intricate EQ. You also have the MClass effects.

I'll say again, I have no personal use for ReCord, not knocking it, and for the price, I'd recommend it to a Reason user or Live instrumentalist that is looking for a DAW. I haven't tried the Demo yet, may check it tonight...but I'm willing to bet it comes nowhere close to the sound of any SSL Board. I'm sure they came in close with the functionality and workflow though. That's not saying propellerheads doesn't give good processing effects. They've got some of the best in Reason if you know what you're doing.

I just ain't giving up my UAD and Powercore effects for mixing!

In all fairness, people underestimate the quality of the 14:1 Mixer in Reason. it's so simple it looks wrong although it's only "Hi and Lo" it targets industry standard freq ranges that people who aren't familiar with engineering would miss while taking shots in the dark on the most professional and intricate EQ. You also have the MClass effects.

I'll say again, I have no personal use for ReCord, not knocking it, and for the price, I'd recommend it to a Reason user or Live instrumentalist that is looking for a DAW. I haven't tried the Demo yet, may check it tonight...but I'm willing to bet it comes nowhere close to the sound of any SSL Board. I'm sure they came in close with the functionality and workflow though. That's not saying propellerheads doesn't give good processing effects. They've got some of the best in Reason if you know what you're doing.

right. I think for what it is, Record would be a great mobile app to put on those netbooks since it doesnt take up as much space or resources as something like Logic or cubase would. im downloading the Record demo now so Im gonna see what the fuss is about before popping off about it.

UAD and Powercore effects ain't cheap at all.

Like I said earlier, I really like the Nevana set up, but the cheapest deal on that is about $699.

:bigeyes:
Yo, you dam right , MClass joints are sick in Reason I love reason, see the MPC2000xl can't give me that, though I aint letting that go because I am a master on the MPC I make dough using that thing because a lot of people don't know how to use it but Reason is just sick!

Yeah the mixing board, I know how to use it but looking at it man is just so Mackish lol hahah you gotta admit it starts looking wack, and I am use to having Q, mid sweep etc. It only gives you hi and low as you said, I only use it a little. That MClass stereo imager oh my gawd Yo I use that on my strings and on sounds I wanna fatten up. I have another stereo spatial enhancer called Panorama that is sick it can go 360 degrees around your head and inside the head for a more in close depth, it's sick. By Wave Arts, I use this baby in Protools when I am doing the finish product.

2yvmefc.jpg

See bruh I am use to the SSL board so when Record came with that and I heard if for myself running sounds through it and bringing up effects on it just like the board, I was in bliss. Now that I have 222 effects for my RV7000, which is H3000 Eventide, M6000 TC electronics joint, PCM90, and another one I just cant remember yo I am in good hands. See with that mixer there is Q, Low, Mid Low, Mid High and High, and you can sweeten it, so they did a wonderful job by putting that board in there. If it don't sound just like it it's dam near and that's all someone like me needs. We know it's not just like the SSL board hardware but the facilities it has vs the old Mackie looking board I mean they stepped up big when they did that. That's going to make me 1. step up 2. have fun I love making music then mixing to my liking not someone elses. I have Powercore firewire man I have no worries at all. trust me. As you know Propel don't do a lot of updates but they came big this time. and being the fact that I can record vocals and my hardware up in that piece is going to be ridiculous plus I can stay in one place without going anywhere and that's what a lot of cats won't and they are catering to.

Yo I had UAD no doubt they are dope too. Like I said Powercore is hot to def I have that also. Mines is running firewire so it doesn't tax my computer at all! I am thinking about getting that black Powercore it has 8 chips in it, hell you're HD with either one if you ask me lol I am going to do some vids too.

Oh for the guy that wanna hear my stuff just go to myspace page I have like 4 vids up plus one of my artist up, that's how I got my publishing deal.

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

34yqofd.jpg

Me on the SSL, love that board. I'm not crazy about Neve

2j16anq.jpg

Last edited:
Back