record sucks

i just DLd the beta.. and it was cool..

its interface is simple and almost exactly like reason except for more routing options and that Line 6 AMP is REALLY good.. much better than my ampeg imo..

sequencer is pretty much same.. routing is still simple and easy.. i like the mixer, i can't tell if it sounds really good because i couldnt load my song files but i think its solid..

its something is expected from reason 5.. it adds a audio and a couple of new patches and the Line 6 Amp that im really feeling.. when i get home from work, i am going to play with it more.. for me.. i make most of my beats in reason so it isnt a hassle that there is no VST support.. it would be nice though.. i have some plugs that i really like to use but i'll guess i'll rewire record into ableton whenever i mix down beats/songs..

^5 I co-sign what you said. Record is like having Protools at it's finger tips! I have never ever worried about midi out on Reason so why should I worry on Record? Listen, Record is real real nice, that SSL board on it makes it even nicer. It doesn't take up CPU power, and it's crazy. With all the Reason refills out there who needs out board gear? I mean come on. Oh plus, being it can instruments and record them inside of it, I am going to take my Roland 3080, and my Triton Rack and attach it to my 002Rack and use them just like a guitar would get used. I don't and never did rely on midi I play well enuff on time so I don't need it. Did you use the Time Stretch on that bad boy? I am still googoo gaagaa for that thing, it's just what it is, it just works like it suppose to. You lose no artifacts or nothing, I love that thing, I am loving Propel for that. The sound quality is a little better than Reason and to make it better you have the SSL board and you can get the warm and fattness you always wanted. Plus this, I never used rewire, NEVER! when I transfer to protools I bounce my tracks over to a folder WITHIN SECONDS! If I bounce a stereo 2track it's within 5 seconds, who don't want that? Plus whatever you did in Reason or Record is how it's going to come out when you bounce, and if you need to go back you just go back and do what you need and do it again easy! It's way better than me tracking from my MPC into Protools. I am going to do a Video on it soon. I just did two new videos on my myspace page.

Being I have 12 gigs of ram inside my Mac my Record is going to be blazing fast. Now all the sounds I have in my Triton and Roland 3080 I can put into Record and add on sounds with what I made in Reason.

Line 6 amp is crazy !!!

What cats are not getting is you can add vocals and they will come up as wave audio in Record and IT DOESN'T TAX THE HELL OUTTA YOUR CPU! Try that with Protools especially for those that have weak computers! Then you can sweeten your vocals with the SSL and put compression on them, add air if you want,......... man it's just to sick to even think about it lol hahahahahahaa I am going into a seizure just thinking about the possibilities lol I am on the count down I haven't slept comfortable for days on end lol It's like Christmas X's 8 lol hahaha

Dudes are not understanding the sonic quality of this item, it's not a flimsy toy. The fact now that you will see Audio wave form is great, it's like Reason has it's on Protools! I loved the editing in Reason so I love this even better. Let me get a lil deeper into this. People talk about needing midi out ok lets get into it.

I don't need it, for the fact of having:

1. Motif es refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $10
2. Motif xs refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $ 40
3. Roland 5080 refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $20
3. EMU Mo Phat refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $10
6. Acces Virus refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $40
7. Korg Triton refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $10
8. Fantom refill THE WHOLE KEYBOARD FROM HARDWARE! $10
9. AND 75 MORE REFILLS THAT SOME OF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT! THIS EXCLUDES THE FACTORY AND OKESTRAL REFILLS THAT COME WITH REASON! The 70 OF THE 75 REFILLS WERE FREE!

I spent only $140 Dollars for WHOLE KEYBOARDS THAT COST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN HARDWARE! And if I need MORE sounds on that specific track, I can bounce to Protools where I have,

1.Philharmonik
2.Sonic Synth
3.Sylenth
4.Omnisphere
5.RMX
6.Velvet
7.Mini Moog V by Arturia
8.Expand
9.Hybrid
10.Sample Tank
11.Sample Moog
12.Storm Drum
13.Symphonic Choirs
14.Goliath
Do I really need to keep going? I mean dammmm for people to believe you don't need Midi out ?

THINK SOME OF YOU!

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T BELIEVE!

jpe7hg.jpg

I EVEN PUT DA N.O.C. MY NAME THERE!

Now how in the world and why in the world do I really need to have MIDI OUT TO BRING IN MORE SOUNDS? Someone has to come with a logic answer! Only thing is TIME in downloading these refills and they have A TON of Refills everywhere on the market! They dont' need that Midi out thing that will complicate things, I am sure they will get it right though. But I mean I want someone to, I dare them to try and logicize the fact that we really need that midi out when you have so many freakin sounds in the refills and it doesn't take up space!

I am adding my 3080 and hardware Triton just because I WANT TO AND CAN, BUT DON'T REALLY HAVE TO! Oh before any one goes on a tirade yes the quality of the refills is all that and sound just like the dang on hardware, because all they did was mimic from those keyboards into a refill. If you don't know how mimicing works maybe one need to leave the music game. :)

Get this, I HAVEN'T FINISH LOADING MORE FREE REFILLS! lol There are so many I just get them at random when I feel like it. If I had the Motif XS refill alone I could kill it, that's a whole keyboard and the strings sound just like the real keyboard. If I can't make songs with that then I need to leave the game! Moral of the story is :

"THEY HAVE TONS AND TONS OF REFILLS NO NEED FOR MIDI OUT!"

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

:cheers:

Last edited:
The funniest thing about Record is if you own Reason, it is cheaper then ReCycle.

lol Yep exactly. Man listen, I am getting an SSL board for $149 bucks? Do people know how much SSL 9000j's cost? Try $100,000 grand and better! They are putting us right there with the big boys and dudes are still skeptical lol That SSL board in REason sound like if dam near the real thing. If one never operated the SSL board in real life, I think one should get up off his/her butt and go to a studio! My mixes were already crazy now they will be even crazier. When I mix the Reason tracks in Record then mix on the SSL then bounce it to Protools and do the mastering-mix on the Master X5 from Powercore firewire, yo it's A WRAP! I hope dudes don't buy it, let us that do get it have the edge lol

Last edited:
im glad that u love record and all and that it does everything for u that you need but some of us enjoy our hardware myself included. i dont want to go and download a bunch of refills why? i have the keyboards right in front of me. i prefer my 12 bit sampler to those of reason its the reason i bought the damn sampler lol. i had the trinity refill it didnt sound much like my trinity at all. nor did the m1 refill sound like my m1 rack. im glad u got some good refills but i dont trust em. gimme my damn midi out and allow me to work the way i want to.

im glad that u love record and all and that it does everything for u that you need but some of us enjoy our hardware myself included. i dont want to go and download a bunch of refills why? i have the keyboards right in front of me. i prefer my 12 bit sampler to those of reason its the reason i bought the damn sampler lol. i had the trinity refill it didnt sound much like my trinity at all. nor did the m1 refill sound like my m1 rack. im glad u got some good refills but i dont trust em. gimme my damn midi out and allow me to work the way i want to.

:bigeyes: wow. Well my Trinity is the same as my Hardware Trinity. So I don't know where you got yours from but ummmm..... Well if you say your setup works for you, then you should continue to work that, don't even ask for an midi out, just work the way you've been working. Maybe they will or won't tend to that midi out, if they don't, I will have the jump and you can keep working the way you work. :)

Last edited:
did i miss something?

propellerhead is a great company and i love thier products but is Record the "new" industry standard?

ver 1.0?

has Record jumped over pro tools, sonar, cubase, reaper, studio one, live, fl studio, etc to the number one spot?

something else i find funny is that all the above apps have midi out...

i guess there are still some individuals that needs/uses midi out...

if not why would it be a feature in all those above apps...

i would love to see what would happens if all those above apps dropped the midi out function...

again, having 12 gb of ram using Record does not buy you anything...

that is because (again) Record is 32 bit program and not 64 bit...

i am not knocking Record but it is only version 1.0. yes, Record has the potential to be something special once line 6 makes the midi/audio controller and more features are added but today...

it is just audio in for Reason and/or for a guitarist/song writer/vocalist to get thier ideas down quickly...

last point about midi out, because Record is a 32 bit app is can only access 3.2 GB on a 32 bit OS and about 4 GB on a 64 bit OS...

if Record had midi out you would be able to open multiple stand alone kontakt 3.5/4 (using large sample libraries) instances and utilitize that 12 gb of ram and 8 cores in your mac pro you talk about in most of your posts. basically, it would give Record/Reason combo vsti support in a round about way...

you could boast about all the vsti you have and refills and mac pro with 12 GB with 8 cores and pro tools and hardware, etc, etc, etc...

but midi out would be a great feature. besides controlling hardware it would bring vsti support to the Record/Reason combination...

p.s. you would need a multi client soundcard to run a vsti outside of a DAW...

its very simple just get used to the mixer and new routing n ur good

...I just said I thought it was marketed as something simple, but I haven't tried it so I'm not going to say it is.

I'm assuming I'd figure everything out in a short amount of time, but the sound of this person gave me the impression they haven't used very many DAWs which resulted in them not being able to figure anything out in 10 minutes, just like anyone else who is new to this.

I'm sure anyone that has worked fluently with multiple types of workstations would have no problem figuring out record. The comments of the first post made me believe this person has a problem figuring it out and it's because of lack of experience.

Maybe in a decade our software will be easy enough for people who have no clue, to learn it in minutes.

EDIT either way, I think it isn't possible for me to accept any review that was developed after 10 minutes of trial...not yet anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
:bigeyes: wow. Well my Trinity is the same as my Hardware Trinity. So I don't know where you got yours from but ummmm..... Well if you say your setup works for you, then you should continue to work that, don't even ask for an midi out, just work the way you've been working. Maybe they will or won't tend to that midi out, if they don't, I will have the jump and you can keep working the way you work. :)
why shouldn't I ask for it? if my way was perfect I wouldn't have even looked in Records direction. I want to use my hardware instruments along side Record and that would make me very very happy in the end.

Beating a dead horse. Reaper sucks. Fl Sucks. Reason sucks. Pro tools sucks. Samplitude sucks. Abelton sucks. Logic sucks. Garageband sucks. audacity sucks. Mpc's suck. MV's suck. You momma sucks. Just playing. Except the last one. :cheers:

The most important thing to realize about midi out is that it takes less resources than loading any instrument in Reason and it adds endless possibilities with expanding a set-up including using a hardware vst host.

So you see, the trade off is more than enough. Less resources used than a subtractor but you get far more expanding possibilities.

Also routing audio in through reason in real time is already possible via Hammer loaded into the rebirth input. So midi out just makes since.

did i miss something?

propellerhead is a great company and i love thier products but is Record the "new" industry standard?

ver 1.0?

has Record jumped over pro tools, sonar, cubase, reaper, studio one, live, fl studio, etc to the number one spot?

something else i find funny is that all the above apps have midi out...

i guess there are still some individuals that needs/uses midi out...

if not why would it be a feature in all those above apps...

i would love to see what would happens if all those above apps dropped the midi out function...

again, having 12 gb of ram using Record does not buy you anything...

that is because (again) Record is 32 bit program and not 64 bit...

i am not knocking Record but it is only version 1.0. yes, Record has the potential to be something special once line 6 makes the midi/audio controller and more features are added but today...

it is just audio in for Reason and/or for a guitarist/song writer/vocalist to get thier ideas down quickly...

last point about midi out, because Record is a 32 bit app is can only access 3.2 GB on a 32 bit OS and about 4 GB on a 64 bit OS...

if Record had midi out you would be able to open multiple stand alone kontakt 3.5/4 (using large sample libraries) instances and utilitize that 12 gb of ram and 8 cores in your mac pro you talk about in most of your posts. basically, it would give Record/Reason combo vsti support in a round about way...

you could boast about all the vsti you have and refills and mac pro with 12 GB with 8 cores and pro tools and hardware, etc, etc, etc...

but midi out would be a great feature. besides controlling hardware it would bring vsti support to the Record/Reason combination...

p.s. you would need a multi client soundcard to run a vsti outside of a DAW...

I never said it would be industry standard but I know it will be taught in school, with Reason because Reason is being taught in schools.

Another thing, I don't use nor plan to get Kontakt. I am not getting a client soundcard because I don't need the midi out. I feel very comfortable with how I make my tracks, didn't need midi out and don't need it now, so I won't cry over it. I like the way I will hook mines up.

Peace

why shouldn't I ask for it? if my way was perfect I wouldn't have even looked in Records direction. I want to use my hardware instruments along side Record and that would make me very very happy in the end.

Ok I hear ya. Well I have mines, I am taking a break I am loving this thing whewwww.

I can record my 3080 in it and it sounds CRAZY! No midi though lol :cheers:

I have no dislike for record, i just find it irrelevant in my setup. I make entire beats in Reason standalone, and load them into pro tools or sonar as single stereo channels for recording.

I won't pay $150 for a function I've gotten by just fine without thanks to other stuff that I've paid thousands for that I'd have to disregard.

My only issue with Propellerhead is that there's millions of other musicians who ReCord is irrelevant to, but their marketing propoganda makes supporters of the product think those of us who find it useless are missing something. Apparently we are. Support for our vst/au/rtas instruments, midi out, and interest to begin with.

I don't own ReCycle for the same reason. I got tools to manipulate my sample before putting it into my NNXT. The day I can load an MP3 into ReCycle and record audio directly into it, it's as good as bought. But for the same efoort it takes to get the audio I want to cut into recycle, i can just load it into Sonar or Pro Tools.

I love making beats in a closed enviroment, but I want the world at my fingertips when recording and mixing. Everyones entitled to wanting more and not being satisfied with a product. :cheers:

Last edited:
It is good and we've discussed this lots.

The sound is really good through the mixer and the tempo syncing is AMAZING. But there are limitations to it. For those of us with Guitar Rig and Amplitube Fender (WHICH IS UNREAL!!) and a DAW like SONAR and mastering VSTs then Record serves little purpose. That doesn't make it bad.

Things aren't always one way or the other....there is in-between as well.

Back