record sucks

This thing called record

i know exactly what im doing

OK it seems a few of us have gotten off on a tangent and decided to bash Malki. I would agree that 10 minutes is not enough time to make a fair assessment of the program. If you got confused by all the knobs...JOIN THE CLUB!!! It's called a LEARNING CURVE. This is what we do as PRODUCERS. No one is doubting your beat making skills but I'd like to interject that it always helps to keep an open mind regarding new software. I personally was very impressed with the mixer in record. It offered me certain sound sculpting capabilities that I did not have in PT. I haven't spent the 2g's on Diamond Plugins or whatever it goes for nowadays. There are several tutorials on the web for ssl strips. If you've used an SSL in the studio then that's FANTASTIC!!! USE that knowledge USE that experience to see what you can make RECORD stand up and deliver! It's not a perfect product. Those of us who want to use Stylus or Trilogy have to find workarounds for using Reason + Record. Don't always be so quick to make a snap decision about anything regarding your music or something that might take it to the next level and get you that DIGIT!!! Your passion is a great thing.....just channel it positively! :)

your right, i just been negative lately, i just dropped out of college yesterday, almost went to jail spazzed out on a couple people, lost my job, lost sleep, recieving threats on my phone etc its been a crazy couple weeks

Last edited:
it thought it would be the ****, considering propellerheads is one of my favorite software developers, it dissapointed the **** out of me

I'll admit there were a few things missing that I was REALLY looking for but you have to consider what those guys are trying to do....make a sofware package for musicians without textbook engineering skills. That's pretty much it. Look how long it took for them to get Reason to the level that it's at right now! Give the prop guys a break and see what else they have up their sleeve. Sorry to hear about the college,job,jail,sleep thing. Take ONE DAY and sleep ALL DAY and night. Then when you wake up....freshen up the old resume...look for another college (probably a community one to save some bucks) and handle your biz! You know what to do!

It was a wise move from the props not to intergrate it into reason completely as a reason 5...cuz some ove it some dont...I have to say that one really have to get used to the huge mixer etc. and not to loose the overview...but the mixer is 1000 times better than the one in reason...finally you have a real stereo panning !!!

I was excited at first and then I realized still no vst support; I'll just stick with cubase for now. I understand vsts can cause some stability issues but a daw in 2009 with no vst support is pretty lame in my opinion.

I was excited at first and then I realized still no vst support; I'll just stick with cubase for now. I understand vsts can cause some stability issues but a daw in 2009 with no vst support is pretty lame in my opinion.

I still haven't tried Record yet, I'm going to check it out in the next couple days. But as far as VST support go, its integrated with Reason, there's a million sounds there. I think that's their reason for no VST support. That and they want you to keep buying/using Reason.

no vst support? i tried the beta and still pefer reaper or protools. then again, i never got into reason either.

i just DLd the beta.. and it was cool..

its interface is simple and almost exactly like reason except for more routing options and that Line 6 AMP is REALLY good.. much better than my ampeg imo..

sequencer is pretty much same.. routing is still simple and easy.. i like the mixer, i can't tell if it sounds really good because i couldnt load my song files but i think its solid..

its something is expected from reason 5.. it adds a audio and a couple of new patches and the Line 6 Amp that im really feeling.. when i get home from work, i am going to play with it more.. for me.. i make most of my beats in reason so it isnt a hassle that there is no VST support.. it would be nice though.. i have some plugs that i really like to use but i'll guess i'll rewire record into ableton whenever i mix down beats/songs..

Last edited:
Maybe in another decade, our technology should be advanced enough to create user-friendly software that can be completely learned in 10 minutes. Until then...welcome to the present...

Have you ever used any DAW before? I haven't used record, don't plan to, but the marketing had me thinking it was a simple, dumbed down DAW for people who just want to lay some audio down really quick. No offense.

Been with the beta testing for a month now and let me tell you that the sound on it is great. If you can use reason, this is a no brainer and as x said earlier, the only thing its missing is external midi out. The amount of things you can do with the program is limitless really, and as I said if you can use reason, the curve is like 30 minutes to an hour of learning.

I've blown several pro tool users out of the water and with support for multi core systems the thing is blazing fast. ALL WITH A BETA SYSTEM. I'm not getting paid, nor do I think any of you will care, but this thing works and works well at simply recording audio and making it sound good. isnt that what its all about? or is it just that it doesnt make you cool?

LOL 10 minutes.... So much **** going on.... So basically you want the program to adapt to your lack of skill instead of Actually taking more than a half hour to learn some **** about it... I guess every conceivable music tool is wack then dude... good luck finding a hot one

Maybe in another decade, our technology should be advanced enough to create user-friendly software that can be completely learned in 10 minutes. Until then...welcome to the present...

Have you ever used any DAW before? I haven't used record, don't plan to, but the marketing had me thinking it was a simple, dumbed down DAW for people who just want to lay some audio down really quick. No offense.
its very simple just get used to the mixer and new routing n ur good

Back