Kill the preacher

it wasnt. people complain about the bible "controlling people" but you as a gentile/pagan are free to do whatever you want . The bible never tells jews to go around the world converting people . so i dont even know why we are having this discussion

you as a gentile/pagan are free to do whatever you want

i now nominate you as THE POPE OF FP...

Holier%2BThan%2BThou.JPG

so many mistakes here.
You said that it was initially a government institution (although it wasnt in the beginning) , it only became one when israel was formed in which case it was the obvious thing to do since they were isralites . But by "a government control tool", you arent referring to the isralites , but rather to the romans and the US etc . And also if by "control teh masses" you mean, "Teach them not to have sex with animals like the surrounding nations were accustomed to", why are you so enraged by it ? you made "control the masses" sound like a bad thing . What does the Bible teach that you must do or must not do that you dont like ? the Bible says "dont bear false witness, dont steal , give to the poor" and you are all up in arms about it . Also, keep in mind that 99 percent of the Bible was never meant for you . Gentiles are not commanded to keep the Bible , you can do whatever you want to do. you arent held to the same standard .

Genocide wsa only done to a handful of nations .Contrary to popular belief, they didnt "genocide" every nation they battled, but only the worst of the worst which were on a list . places where they had sex with animals , tortured foreigners , and burned their children alive as a form of worship . and rape "by our definition" was not endorsed, also the Bible said that if a man had sex with a female slave, she wasnt allowed to be a slave anymore even if they didnt stay together . Slavery is also a different thing in the Bible. He played it smart by not biting the bait and answering "Yes" when i asked him if the Bible endorsed what the "man" did to blacks. He certainly implied it, but then when it was time to discuss it, he couldnt say "yes" , and let me explain why he couldnt

1.Slaves in the Bible were either made slaves by their own choice (as a means to pay off a debt) or were war prisoners (instead of killed, they surrendered and rather chose to be slaves)

2.Slaves were not allowed to be mistreated

3.if a slave was mistreated , he was to be released

4.if a slave didnt liek his living conditions and ran away, and another Israelite found him, he couldnt turn him in

5.after 6 years, a slave is offered the chance to be freed unless the slave feels he has a better life there and chooses to stay

6.if a females slave was raped or had sex voluntarily with the owner, she was to be set free because the owner had humiliated her

7.slaves also rested on sabbath

so if its true that the white slave owners used the Bible to justify what they did, they obviously didnt read the Bible since what they did was unlawful in every way and they didnt do it accordingly . So do you see why its asinine to say the bible promotes this ? I actually do read the Bible, so your not gonna get me with anything i havent already heard. i debate raging atheists as a hobby

"This is a good piece of fact to realize, Jesus was trained for years in a temple"

a better raging atheist move wouldve been to deny that Jesus existed at all . you must be new to atheist . Also , i would like your sources on that good piece of fact , i mean it wouldnt prove anything other than Jesus studied in the temple, but what sources do you have ?

Inteligent response. Which makes me wonder. Why DO you believe.

I believe in Jesus was alive and was a cult leader of proportions that we could never see ever again because the masses aren't desperate and sick enough and because we are too evolved societaly speaking. I don't know that atheists think Jesus never existed because we have third party evidence from Romans who documented Jesus and the rabid following he had. He was so influential that he was a threat. People noticed christianities rise.

I pointed that out about Jesus because if you don't believe he was a god, it makes sense logisticaly. The logistics were there for him to have become that influential and so "wise". It makes sense that he went and studied in a temple for years and then came out and started the biggest religion ever.

It would have been more "miraculous" if he just came out of the woods and started spewing forth manipulating wisdom and "healing" people.

Instead it fits nicely into the non believers theory thAt he was just a man who was a genius. He was also probably tall and had very exceptionaly good communication skills.

I'm not trying to get you good here but you did just say you read the bible and it says that In the bible -and only in the bible - that he studied in the temple with priests and he was considered a prodigy (I think when he was 12).

Last edited:
[video=youtube;<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/73_IjNPmIEI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/73_IjNPmIEI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>]video[/video]

i now nominate you as THE POPE OF FP...

Holier%2BThan%2BThou.JPG

odds are that i am holier than you by either definition . Not that im worht more than you as a human, but i do make an effort to make my life matter for teh good, which is why i am goign to school to become a doctor rather than just making beats or other ways to make money. I am a big advocate of "actually doing things" as opposed to the whole "saved by faith" movement that the Bible never teaches. If holier means "obeys more of the bible than you" then it shouldnt offend you that i am holier than you since you have no interest in being "holy" . its like this one time i debated an atheist adn he got offended at the notion of him not being saved, which doesnt make sense , if he doenst believe . it shouldnt bother you that im holier than you. I try very hard to do good things . i place a high value on doing good things when the situation arises and in the future i would like to use my money to help people , and even now with what little money i get i give to to people in need. I dont wear suits or ties because i dont want to feel unapproachable . When i visit a church , im the one that sits next to teh homeless people that walk in and im the one that talks to them adn tells them not to mind peoples stares because God doesnt see with our eyes . Im not as good as id like to be yet, but most people arent even in the game to be good . the actual definition of "holy" in the Bible is simply "Set apart" by route of obeying the commandments .

Inteligent response. Which makes me wonder. Why DO you believe.

not to brag (but because i see that you , like many other atheists, place most of someones credibility on how intelligent they are) but i was the smartest student in my highly gifted classes (145-155 iq) , as was told by several of my teachers . stephen hawkings is supposed to have an iq of 160 as did einstein (both of which were agnostics) . There are actual reasons as to why i believe. I am not a supporter of "blind faith" . there is a logical process involved in my thinking . a brief summary goes like this
1.is there a God
2.if so, which one

and i did mean brief because if i went into the sub categories , i could go all day . if you want me to explain my view on one of these points i can give you a brief explanation

not to brag (but because i see that you , like many other atheists, place most of someones credibility on how intelligent they are) but i was the smartest student in my highly gifted classes (145-155 iq) , as was told by several of my teachers . stephen hawkings is supposed to have an iq of 160 as did einstein (both of which were agnostics) . There are actual reasons as to why i believe. I am not a supporter of "blind faith" . there is a logical process involved in my thinking . a brief summary goes like this
1.is there a God
2.if so, which one

and i did mean brief because if i went into the sub categories , i could go all day . if you want me to explain my view on one of these points i can give you a brief explanation

might as well. i'm up for an enlightening read

oh and from your other post, makin music is a 'good' thing too, because music has changed many lives. people whole beliefs have been altered due to music. even beats alone can have an affect that can change the outcome of a day. don't underestimate it. there are even a class of angels that have to do with music.

Last edited:

im assuming that those are sarcastic hands clapping, but it doesnt make sense unless you are implying that what i did wasnt a good thing . let me give you an example of how sarcasm is correctly used

"you make intelligent rebuttals with your GIFs"
2549381496_4da19d1a19_o.gif

odds are that i am holier than you by either definition . Not that im worht more than you as a human, but i do make an effort to make my life matter for teh good, which is why i am goign to school to become a doctor rather than just making beats or other ways to make money. I am a big advocate of "actually doing things" as opposed to the whole "saved by faith" movement that the Bible never teaches. If holier means "obeys more of the bible than you" then it shouldnt offend you that i am holier than you since you have no interest in being "holy" . its like this one time i debated an atheist adn he got offended at the notion of him not being saved, which doesnt make sense , if he doenst believe . it shouldnt bother you that im holier than you. I try very hard to do good things . i place a high value on doing good things when the situation arises and in the future i would like to use my money to help people , and even now with what little money i get i give to to people in need. I dont wear suits or ties because i dont want to feel unapproachable . When i visit a church , im the one that sits next to teh homeless people that walk in and im the one that talks to them adn tells them not to mind peoples stares because God doesnt see with our eyes . Im not as good as id like to be yet, but most people arent even in the game to be good . the actual definition of "holy" in the Bible is simply "Set apart" by route of obeying the commandments .

Good ol fashioned self righteousness. The driving force behind police, religions, fire fighters, and all judgemental people

Good ol fashioned self righteousness. The driving force behind police, religions, fire fighters, and all judgemental people

the difference is that i actually believe in doing things, while the typical "holier-than-thou" subscriber doesnt do anything, and they think they are holier than you simply because of what they believe .Also, i would never bring up the subject out of my own initiative , but since he brought it up , i pointed out that 1. i possibly am , and 2. it doenst make sense for an atheist to be mad at the notion of someone being holier than them or at the notion of them not being saved like in the example i used . Also , the term "sefl rightoues" carries the connotation of "hypocrite" although thats not what it means , in which case it wouldnt apply ot me, because i dont criticize people for doing things i do or for not doing things i dont do .

1.is there a God
2.if so, which one

A brief explanation sounds good

Though I predict the unsound reasoning comes from part one where you come to the conclusion that there has to be a god because humans exist.

LOL......
the video in post number 2 in this thread....

the last words in the "debate" (the songs name) was on some crazy shyt!

A brief explanation sounds good

Though I predict the unsound reasoning comes from part one where you come to the conclusion that there has to be a god because humans exist.

well its not that simple . here is a quick fun fact
1. its completely impossible that anything exists

if you understand how "stuff" works, it should completely boggle your mind that things exist. I could be at the mall and look at the floor in complete awe of the fact that it exists . there are some concepts that you wouldnt understand but let me give you some of the ones you might. one of the mistakes that people make when they build their theories is regarding "the beginning" (big bang etc) is that their empty universe is equated with nothing . Their theories start with emptiness because they dont realize that an empty universe is still something .I have a concept i call "absolute nothing" which i have trouble explaining since its like explaining what a dog looks like to a blind person , or what a cube looks like to a character in a 2-d plane. An empty universe is comparable to an unformatted hard drive , its still something . Its a device waiting to be filled and an empty universe already has the rules as to how things work. in an empty universe, 1+1 still equals 2 . an empty hard drive is something . I tried to explain what "absolute nothing" was to someone a month ago and this is the best i could come up with. if you ask anyone what nothing looks like (ie empty space) , they will tell you " oh its black" or something along those lines. I told the guy that the difference between nothing and absolute nothing (my concept) is that nothing is compared to "close your eyes, what do you see?" , while absolute nothing looks like this "visualize what it looks like in the back of your head, try to focus" . thats what absoulute nothing looks like, it doesnt exist, the notion doesnst even exist .If you actually sit there and try to look behind your head, you wont see anything, not even darkness . my cousin asked me to help him outside (hes putting a pool together) , so ill be back later.

well its not that simple . here is a quick fun fact
1. its completely impossible that anything exists

if you understand how "stuff" works, it should completely boggle your mind that things exist. I could be at the mall and look at the floor in complete awe of the fact that it exists . there are some concepts that you wouldnt understand but let me give you some of the ones you might. one of the mistakes that people make when they build their theories is regarding "the beginning" (big bang etc) is that their empty universe is equated with nothing . Their theories start with emptiness because they dont realize that an empty universe is still something .I have a concept i call "absolute nothing" which i have trouble explaining since its like explaining what a dog looks like to a blind person , or what a cube looks like to a character in a 2-d plane. An empty universe is comparable to an unformatted hard drive , its still something . Its a device waiting to be filled and an empty universe already has the rules as to how things work. in an empty universe, 1+1 still equals 2 . an empty hard drive is something . I tried to explain what "absolute nothing" was to someone a month ago and this is the best i could come up with. if you ask anyone what nothing looks like (ie empty space) , they will tell you " oh its black" or something along those lines. I told the guy that the difference between nothing and absolute nothing (my concept) is that nothing is compared to "close your eyes, what do you see?" , while absolute nothing looks like this "visualize what it looks like in the back of your head, try to focus" . thats what absoulute nothing looks like, it doesnt exist, the notion doesnst even exist .If you actually sit there and try to look behind your head, you wont see anything, not even darkness . my cousin asked me to help him outside (hes putting a pool together) , so ill be back later.

dog_chasing_tail.gif

Back