Kill the preacher

I am simply amazed at all these scriptures quoted, and bible references, and not one person mentioned God by his name, JEHOVAH!

Sighs..

I was typing in this thread but had never listened to the songs.

Dude is raw as hell!

... but who's to say what he's saying is true? Believe what YOU believe.

I am simply amazed at all these scriptures quoted, and bible references, and not one person mentioned God by his name, JEHOVAH!

Sighs..

theres 2 reasons for that.
1. the commanment to keep His name holy (holy means seperate / set apart) , which means i cant mention it in vain circumstances like debates, and i cant teach the name to unbelievers (ie, you wouldnt bring a Bible into a bathroom)

2. there is no "J" in hebrew . But , yes i do acknowledge His name (YHWH) as His name and only Name

theres 2 reasons for that.
1. the commanment to keep His name holy (holy means seperate / set apart) , which means i cant mention it in vain circumstances like debates, and i cant teach the name to unbelievers (ie, you wouldnt bring a Bible into a bathroom)

2. there is no "J" in hebrew . But , yes i do acknowledge His name (YHWH) as His name and only Name

I hear you...of course never to be used in vain, but still but there are countless scriptures cited that make reference to the importance of the use of His actual name, and not a title..Jesus Himself said His whole purpose was to sanctify His name on earth.

Psalms 83:18 says it well too....

And yes the Hebrew language consisted of only consonants, but to translate it to English, that is the most agreed upon form of it (Jehovah) by bible scholars.

Hey, it's great to have a decent chat about positive things with someone, and it isnt an argument, but instead an interchange of thoughts.

Respect!

Last edited:
side point, in the original writings 'YHWH', or Jehovah, was in the bible over 7000 times!!! Only to have been replaced with LORD and GOD in later translations... There are only two main Translations that kept/restored/preserved the name..

California shut it down lol.
That's knowledge.

The translators should've kept everything how it was.
There's no need to translate YHWH into God or Adonai into Lord.

what gentiles, and why dont they have to follow the bible?

according to the old and the new testaments, gentiles are only required to keep a few laws like , dont murder, no illicit sexual acts , no idolatry , dont eat blood/dont eat strangled meat.dont tear the limbs off living animals (animals that were killed improperly or died by themselves) . The OT only has 7 laws for gentiles to keep and be considered righteous, but the New Testament bumps it to 14 laws. The 10 commandments , plus (dont eat blood, no strangled meat , no illicit sex acts , and no food that was offered to idols).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

yeah this is why i dont go to church...i agree with giving 10% to god but why should it go to the preachers and church staff...i would only go to a non profit church where all the money goes to a temple or 90% into the church. money is the root of all evil and when the church asks for it every sunday it make me second guess the church...if im spending 10% to give to god i think it all should go to honor him not into a preachers pocket to buy mercedes and cadillacs the preacher should have a separate pot then what is to go to god. i understand he has to make a living somehow but taking money that is supposed to go to god isnt right. my ideal church is like the ones back in ancient times where they took the money and made a temple to worship the god and made it beautiful with statues gold pillars and what not and kept building on it that way u can actually see the churches profit going to use. also if they dont do that they should all have a say so to vote where all the money is sent to and every adult should have a say so. the fact the preacher drives a mercedes which is 3 times as much as a regular brands new car just tells me to walk away and keep the money to myself. not saying a preacher shouldn't have a Mercedes but i know good and well it was bought with the churches money and if he asked the church they would have recommended him to buy a car less expensive like a ford or something.

Back