$hould FL Studio/Fruityloops change it's name

who cares...if you make hot beats who really gives a ****...i wouldnt care if it was called ****machine i would still use it...

I love the post about the user/sequencer generalizations.

I don't think the issue is what it's called, I think it's When it's called.

If someone pops on and says I have no clue what I'm doing and I want to make beats, the knee-jerk reaction is FRUITY LOOPS! Download that ****, dunny!

If someone says they want an industry standard blah, blah it's always Pro Tools in some form or fashion (and I do mean the hardware, not the software and budget soundcard config)

When you crave an uber daw with infinite options it's always Logic; that super deep ocean of sequencing.

Cubase, Sonar and the rest are seen as professional apps chosen by the user as a result of personal preference. "I tried them all and liked [...] the most."

Producers fall for and enforce stereotypes and bias about gear. I would love to be neutral and somehow so wise I could elevate above that, but I can't. You say "I use this." = assumptions are made.

Dudes - customize their gear.
- list their kit in their sigs.
- use gear pics as avatars and user images.
- debate what's the best.
- form user groups and cliques.
- join forums ONLY for a singular piece.
- Use gear as logos for their hustles.
- Spend countless hours pouring over it/at it.
- find and define their creativity and level of skill/talent
- spend a fortune and/or fill a hard drive

And somehow you expect a cat to NOT take his tools personally?
Everyone else does.

Sit in that circle and have everone else naming everything else and you say Fruity Loops...they all look at each other and well, devalue your opinion. You can't always tell someone to go to a myspace/soundclick link to prove yourself.

Sounds foolish, but that's the moment you wish it had a different name (and reputation) and think up a thread like this.

introspective_beats said:
try to record vocals into your motif without the use of a computer at all.

alright, now try master inside your motif or mpc.

now burn a CD of this mastered track using your motif.

how's that working for you?

I don't see your music online anywhere, so I can't speak to why my tracks are better than yours specifically, but when I am able to hear some of your **** I will do just that.

yo lil dude. i don't put my music online. i'm not no wanna be like you. i do this, well because i can. just face it lil dude you think you know but you don't know jack ****. so sit there with all ya pirated software, and vst's and keep thinking ya **** is hot.

really i don't need ya approval lil dude. i mean on some seriousness. i got my compliments from the worlds best rap group after hearing a few of my tracks...so right there puts me in a better position then you...

DBawls said:
who cares...if you make hot beats who really gives a ****...i wouldnt care if it was called ****machine i would still use it...

seriously. i cant stand wen ppl hate on FL. i straight use FL and my beats might not be as professional as everybody elses but i can put up a good fight with it.

ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT U USE TO MAKE UR TRAX, IF UR HOT THEN UR HOT.

As long as you make good music, it doesn't matter. I've heard trash made on tens of thousands of dollars of equipment.

tomblaze2 said:
I love certain aspects of FL studio- but why haven't they added a full on VSTi freeze function. I have a high end computer and it only takes a few different VSTi running together to really make things get of track and distort. Even a simple DAW like mixcraft can freeze tracks....

FL studio does have freeze... it just depends on how you layout your tracks... there are 2 different way to lay out beats in FL studio

if you lay your beats out on the vocal pattern list, you can bounce the midi down to wav instantly.... also you can dub loop record outer gear into FL studio by arming an FX pattern.....

I got 2 racks that will never get sold cuz they make me good money

Lokness42 said:
yo lil dude. i don't put my music online. i'm not no wanna be like you. i do this, well because i can. just face it lil dude you think you know but you don't know jack ****. so sit there with all ya pirated software, and vst's and keep thinking ya **** is hot.

really i don't need ya approval lil dude. i mean on some seriousness. i got my compliments from the worlds best rap group after hearing a few of my tracks...so right there puts me in a better position then you...
lmao at you calling me lil. I stand tall at 6 feet 6 inches, and I know I can out ball your ass on the court. I don't really give a **** about any top rap group giving your beats compliments, because most rap these days is straight garbage anyways.

untitled2.jpg

untitled-4.jpg

I don't pirate software, and I sure as hell didn't pirate any of my hardware

Last edited:
No, who cares? They've have had, and still have an amazing run at what their software does. With lifetime upgrades, why would you care? I mean, its not like the program makes your music sound a certain way. There are people using it professionally and i'm pretty sure they don't try to hide the fact. If you got heat you got heat, doesnt matter what you made it on as long as its originally you.

Why. It will always be Fruity Loops. Peoples perception may change in time. I don't care if your tracks mixed in FL or what, if it sounds good it's good.

i love FL, i been using it since ver 2.0 im sure i will be using it years from now. I also have all the other ones its just that my workflow is more smooth with fl

I'm shocked that in 2008 there are still people arguing that any tool gives you an advantage in music.

It's not the late 90s early 2000s when every pro studio had a MPC, Triton, and Mac running Pro Tools. Every day new hits are made on random ameteur setups. Not "hits" referring to some sh*t some dude made in his basement that his homeboys said was hot...I mean platinum selling hits!!!

There's no longer any reason to feel any software or hardware is doing something everything else can't. Just make music.

Last edited:
Just give it up like I did Deranged...
People insecure about what they do will always blame their tools. If it's not the tool it's its name - an even more stupid reason of trying to reason their lack of knowledge/talent.
Nothing we will ever be able to do anything about, I'm afraid...

yeah i think they should change the name. to many people talk smack bout fl without even trying it. they should change the name it audio factory pro or some thing like that, then they should do a mojave like test like that other dude said so that people can see how great the software is. :sing:

Fruity Loops sounds childish
Although the new name is now FL Studio i still call it fruity
i dont think it matters what beats are made on, it depends on the skill and what extra machines the user has, as fruity loops has less features compared to reason or cubase

Last edited by a moderator:
>> ...as fruity loops is a more basic program compared to reason

No

>> or cubase

Not really

RoshhhProductions said:
Fruity Loops sounds childish
Although the new name is now FL Studio i still call it fruity
i dont think it matters what beats are made on, it depends on the skill and what extra machines the user has, as fruity loops is a more basic program compared to reason or cubase

Ahahahahahahaha

Please explain?

changed my post, but i ment fl as less features, such as not being able to record vocals

RoshhhProductions said:
...i ment fl as less features, such as not being able to record vocals
You can record vocals directly into it. (there are actually a few different ways of how to do it)

Back