$hould FL Studio/Fruityloops change it's name

hey i am a former fl user...and i can understand their dishonesty to a certain degree...its called "fruity" man....fruity....lol...

plus when you listen to tracks made on...now that i no longer really use it...you can hear the difference...shyt ninth just learned to beef up his drums in protools lol...and lacing them with basslines to fatten the kick cant work everytime....i mean every kick hit...go listen and you can tell...

but yeah changing the name is no different from coke buying vitamin water...yeah its still vitamin water but it has the prestige of the coke brand added to it...

plus go look at a video on onlinebeattutor.com....and you will see ninth listening to old records...i guess to sample and as the video ends you will see the camera pan to a table where you will see a mpc2500....so if that dude is at least trying to move forward...or at least if he wasnt why would he have that there....shyt

Last edited:
RoshhhProductions said:
changed my post, but i ment fl as less features, such as not being able to record vocals

I am sorry dude but don't come in here with 16 posts saying that FL has less features than reason, while reason can't even import a ****ing audio file directly to the timeline/sequencer. you're a ****ing clown man. FL has more features than reason, and I say that from experience. I can't speak to FL's comparison to cubase, but I'd say that probably have the same core features.

RoshhhProductions said:
changed my post, but i ment fl as less features, such as not being able to record vocals

lol, Last I checked you can record vocals straight into FL.

Maybe you've been using the earlier versions?

I think it's fine man. They already changed it to FL Studio. They should really get rid of of that Fruity Dance tho

peace7183109 said:
plus go look at a video on onlinebeattutor.com....and you will see ninth listening to old records...i guess to sample and as the video ends you will see the camera pan to a table where you will see a mpc2500....so if that dude is at least trying to move forward...or at least if he wasnt why would he have that there....shyt

Why would he have it there? Because he can afford one now, is my guess.

All this ****, software, hardware, hybrid setups... it's all tools, man. You're either capable or you aren't. I've seen cats on the street making music by hitting buckets with sticks that were plenty talented. I've also seen drummers on kits that cost more than all the equipment in my band's practice space put together that couldn't play for dick. Ability is ability. I've got buddies who use FL, I've got buddies who wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I, personaly, like Reason. It's easy for me, and considering I do this purely as a hobby, and my career lies with playing guitar in a metal band, it suits me just fine to have something relatively inexpensive (compared to the full on pro tools, mpc, triton, ableton, all that stuff setup), easy enough to use, and moreover, from my point of view, comfortable.

In point of fact, it's just a tool. It just happens to be my favorite, just like other tools are on the top of other peoples' favorites list.

Gay name or not, people have done amazing work with it, 9th Wonder among the top members of that list.

Long story short: Shut the **** up and make some music, instead of talkin' ****, idiot. (aimed at nobody in particular, just to all the haters)

It's funny that people get mad about the name, lol.

Like it touches a nerve when people dis it.

Somebody dis LIVE 7 and see if the users get mad...

Change name? for what? take EM for example, he is one of my favorite rapper and many others but come on ask yourself if you was feeling the name EMINEM when he first came out........i highly doubt it.

biggrome said:

But rome, Live users ain't insecure like that, we saw the light. If they can't see it, **** em.

biggrome said:

It's because FL in fact has a funny name. "Fruity Loops" what the F* is that?... Nothing funny about Lives' name there, though. If Ableton had named their sequencer something like "teh live performancerer", or something like that, rest assured that "pros" wouldn't want that thing in their - all so pro - studio either.
The real insecure people actually are the ones who judge the capability of a tool by its name and fear their "reputation" being somehow imperil because of that. That's stupid.

Last edited:
It is a rather stupid name. However easy to remember (I think so anyway). Whoever came up with it must have been at least 10 years old. :V
But they're not in any rush to change it, so maybe we should just leave it the way it is.

TheNameless said:
Whoever came up with it must have been at least 10 years old. :V
Or not american/english speaking (Belgian to be exact) and just trying to give his program a catchy name almost 10 years ago.
How could he know that in a few years from then there would be people bitching about it? Bad luck, I guess.

Sqito said:
Or not american/english speaking (Belgian to be exact) and just trying to give his program a catchy name almost 10 years ago.
How could he know that in a few years from then there would be people bitching about it? Bad luck, I guess.
Yah i suppose your right. I didnt mean it like that. It is a catchy name, but its just sounds a bit different than the other names liek Cubase/Reason/Logic. But different can be good! And in this case; it is.

TheNameless said:
Yah i suppose your right. I didnt mean it like that. It is a catchy name, but its just sounds a bit different than the other names liek Cubase/Reason/Logic. But different can be good! And in this case; it is.

Well if sales and popularity are their goal, then maybe Cubase and Logic should consider putting "fuity" in their names. I believe FL is more popular than both Logic and Cubase combined.

L. A. Stone said:
Well if sales and popularity are their goal, then maybe Cubase and Logic should consider putting "fuity" in their names. I believe FL is more popular than both Logic and Cubase combined.
You have a point. However I dont particularly see Fruit taking over the music producing market! :D Names like Culoops and Frogic wouldn't work. I guess it's just because Image-Line got there first, and they're inventiveness payed off!

Back