$hould FL Studio/Fruityloops change it's name

noblewordz said:
The problem isn't the name, its insecure users... FL is for the kids anyway.

You can run Logic on any Mac as long as it meets system requirements. You could go download it now. All you need to run Pro Tools is an iterface, some as low as $100.. So, stop talking ****.
I always enjoy reading noblewordz' responses in these FL-related threads.

Especially while looking at the avatar, lol.

NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Fruity Loops is a bad ass name.

you guys realize the official name is FL Studio right? That's pretty professional....

who gives a f*ck about the name of the program you're using. it shouldn't hurt your music.

btw, what is a mojave test?

ive seen some commercial where windows brought in consumers to come try out there "brand new program" that they planned to release in the future called Windows Mojave.... People tried it out and supposedly were excited about the program. Then the Windows representative would tell them its actually Windows Vista........

Dey have some website dedicated to it or somethin.... I havent looked into it and I dont know how authentic it is.....But it is a brilliant idea to shake bad reputation......

I still don't understand why people still consider FL Studio child's play. I use FL Studio with my Waves Mercury Bundle, my Yamaha s-5, my Fantom x-8, my M-08 and my MPC 24. How is my setup child's play? I rewire FL Studio into Cubase SX and let my imagination run wild. I dare someone to say my **** sounds anything less than amazing because I use FL Studio.

My 7 year old sister uses FL.. Its for the kids .. Why you think they called it Fruity Loops? you think its just a coincidence? I think not.

CerealMilk-FrootLoops.jpg

Last edited:
noblewordz said:
My 7 year old sister uses FL.. Its for the kids .. Why you think they called it Fruity Loops? you think its just a coincidence? I think not.

images

So because she uses FL Studio...the program is meant for children? I really don't see the ligitamcy in that.

I've heard your music...it's very RZA-ish...so I can see why your nervous or uneased by the thought of your sister surpassing you using a software that costs less than $300.00.

Last edited:
Accept it .. Its for the kids.. just don't tell anyone you use it.

The only thing my sister surpasses me in is Ping Pong. But I'm going to get lessons from a Ping Pong master, so we will see who holds true power.

Last edited:
yea umm its def not for kids my dude. umm is 9th wonder a kid to you? but anyway i definitely always thought about tht. as long as people dont know the full name its cool. the name FL Studio is jus fine. but the name fruityloops sounds like some girly stuff tho.

noblewordz said:
Accept it .. Its for the kids.. just don#t tell anyone you use it.

The only think my sister surpasses me in is Ping Pong. But I'm going to get lessons from a Ping Pong master, so we will see who holds true power.

It's funny you should say that.

I remember being told by a former associate of mines to never reveal that aspect of my music equipment, because no one would take me serious.

So I can see where your stigma comes from. People are use to doing things on their on and hate to be put in a category of "everyone uses that".

My advice...do you.

lol I was just playing. I use FL myself .. I don't even have a 7 year old sister :D

Or play Ping Pong.

noblewordz said:
lol I was just playing. I use FL myself .. I don't even have a 7 year old sister :D

Or play Ping Pong.
i said it time and time again, fl users are way too sensitive.

noblewordz said:
No I like the open relationship I have wit yo momma.

man please........ you gotta be like in your early teens w/ a comment like that....... whatever the case do you

noblewordz said:

Or play Ping Pong.
You pull this same stunt in every thread like dis, yet people still fall for it. SMH!

People know what the FL in FL Studio stands for so it's really not a name change.

People will still say "That used to be Fruity Loops, lololol!"

It's powerful but got branded as the joke of production because so many people downloaded it and made corny songs. So a name change won't help.

It's kind of crazy that a name can negate the validity of a program. If REASON was called Sonic Sweaty Nuts... I think a lot of people would pick something else instead of having to defend the name. It's really just the name. I've never used it but REAPER is getting the same backlash for being cheap, people want to seem like they're using a "ballin'" program. Something with a price tag that makes it seem like they're serious or something. As long as REAPER is cheap, it'll be looked down upon... no matter what it can do. Materialistic world we live in. GET LIVE 7 and never be laughed at... be part of the IN CROWD. We some cool mf's, lol.

For the record, I think FL is a tool like any other DAW but... some people think it really produces sounds instead of arranges sounds... weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fruity Loops doesn't bother me. You can make some sh-t happen with this program. That's all that counts in my book!

Last edited:
^ Pretty much, yeah.

FL should change that damn fruit logo tho, looks like a game on my desktop. Not too fond of the color scheme either. But whatever, these are minor problems. The program overall is great.

Vote Jai said:
Fruity Loops doesn't bother me. You can make some sh-t happen with this program. That's all that counts in my book!
exactly... fruity loops is a homo name(should be changed) but sh*t its decent enough to make beats... more useful for sampled stuff i use it for sampled beats and then reason for composing stuff

Last edited:
biggrome said:
It's powerful but got branded as the joke of production because so many people downloaded it and made corny songs. So a name change won't help.

Most true statement in this thread. Everyone and their Grandma leaked a copy of FL.

They should change their name to "stop ****ing downloading me"

Back