$hould FL Studio/Fruityloops change it's name

but you know what's funny.....as soon as i plug in my motif or mpc, i can roll, and get to making music.....comps you gotta configure, install software+drivers....see you still have to expand and upgrade to do what hardware does right out the box....another thing why if fl is better and easier to use do people still put out weak, wack as beats, or just have no clue all together..

I have always been a hard-core Reason user, and eventually got FL 7 just to see what it was all about ---- i found all the sounds and effects very very weak, but it has been a great drum sequencer for me so far. i dont understand, though, why people say its a simple and easy program--- it took me FOREVER to figure out some of the smallest things, such as double clicking the top bar of a window to resize it if it is maximized.

a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet (Shakespeare)...

but even if you change the name all that would happen is people are going to say it is just the new version of Fruity Loops renamed

I have to agree, they should have never named it Fruity Loops in the first place. I remember a few years back I would never take anyone serious who used "Fruity Loops" and then they changed the name I wanted to see what they were using. I went to this kids basement and he was using it and for the price this thing is the best bargain I have ever seen. I owned a Triton and I sold it after I realized I was using FL Studio for everything. I think you should be mad if u paid 2000 dollars for a machine that can be replaced by software that costs less than 100 bucks.

Its simple....if they wanna gain some respect and charge 300 $ for their program with the same code they will not only have to change the name into something completely different....they will also have to change the whole GUI! New colors everything new, but with the same system, with edison, etc....but I think we are the only one who are discussing such a thing I fony 1.000.000 people around the world have purchased FL Studio they already made alot and will do in the future !

Danon BREZ said:
I owned a Triton and I sold it after I realized I was using FL Studio for everything. I think you should be mad if u paid 2000 dollars for a machine that can be replaced by software that costs less than 100 bucks.

Can you tell me how your ear's tell you Vst's Running in a Daw such as FL sound like a Triton?

I'm a engineer on my triton and dug deep into it, bought a micron, programmed that fuk out of it. None of my boards sounds like vanguard/sytrus/minimoog va.

Software has a sharp/clean sound to it, while my triton is still digital in regards to pcm patches, it's still warmer, to the clarity that the software has.

You can't compare a synthesizer such as a triton to seperate vst's. First of all there's no lag time, no need to upgrade RAM, if you know what your doing, you can sample on the triton and stretch it across key's, 12 combinations in combi mode of all the sounds you programmed to make new-er sounds/ strings layered against 2 arp'd harp's, with 3 pads/ and 2 light pianos.

You try to play that without a minimum of 4 gb of RAM, your computer would blue screen.

:cool:

skillz said:
Can you tell me how your ear's tell you Vst's Running in a Daw such as FL sound like a Triton?

I'm a engineer on my triton and dug deep into it, bought a micron, programmed that fuk out of it. None of my boards sounds like vanguard/sytrus/minimoog va.

Software has a sharp/clean sound to it, while my triton is still digital in regards to pcm patches, it's still warmer, to the clarity that the software has.

You can't compare a synthesizer such as a triton to seperate vst's. First of all there's no lag time, no need to upgrade RAM, if you know what your doing, you can sample on the triton and stretch it across key's, 12 combinations in combi mode of all the sounds you programmed to make new-er sounds/ strings layered against 2 arp'd harp's, with 3 pads/ and 2 light pianos.

You try to play that without a minimum of 4 gb of RAM, your computer would blue screen.

1. The Triton's presets and any sound you make yourself using the onboard rom has a very dated sound. You cannot sound original or interesting if u don't get into vst instruments at all.

2. What u describe as a warm sound is from the fact that every patch takes up too much sonic space in a mix. Without eq on every track you cannot add as many instruments.

3. The sequencer on the triton is not as powerful as an mpc, let alone a computer daw with visual midi editing and groove templates.

4. If u know what you are doing you can sample the sounds off of the triton and use them as patches in ur daw of choice. IF u dont know how to do this in good quality then u can always sequence on the computer and still have ur sounds come out of the triton if u like.

5. I am an IT guy and I build my own computers so I don't have much of a problem recording with only 768 of ram. I don't see how you need a minimum of 4gb ram to do what a triton does seeing that 4gb is the maximum that Windows xp will use and a triton only has 128megs. Most computer users don't even have more than 1gb these days if they have a computer thats not brand new.

6. Not only do I make my own synth patches and drum kits, I layer like 10 different sounds in a track for each element like a kick, snare, etc. On top of this, I can use a particular sound just for one bar in the entire song. This adds up to sometimes 25 or more different tracks. The triton only has a 16 track sequencer with a limited 128 note polyphony.

I think its a good thing that you use your equipment to its fullest potential and maybe I should not have sold the triton just in case but don't stick to only hardware when software opens up new possibilities. In an ideal setup u should have both.

Last edited:
What's wrong with a clean sound? Seem like some or many act like something is wrong with that, i never said nothing was wrong with a warm sound but why does it seem like a clean sound has something wrong with it?

I love certain aspects of FL studio- but why haven't they added a full on VSTi freeze function. I have a high end computer and it only takes a few different VSTi running together to really make things get of track and distort. Even a simple DAW like mixcraft can freeze tracks....

Lokness42 said:
but you know what's funny.....as soon as i plug in my motif or mpc, i can roll, and get to making music.....comps you gotta configure, install software+drivers....see you still have to expand and upgrade to do what hardware does right out the box....another thing why if fl is better and easier to use do people still put out weak, wack as beats, or just have no clue all together..

alright, sequence a beat, mix it down, and add vocals inside of your MPC or motif. oh, you're having trouble doing that? because those devices are not designed to do this thing. with FL Studio, I can get my sounds together, chop my sample, lay down the chops, record vox, and mix it down in the same exact project and program.

skillz said:

Actually quite the opposite. If someone found a way to run the Triton OS on a PC it would require about 70mb of HD space, rediculously low ammounts of Ram(like 16-128mb)and about 300mhz processor. Nothing CPU draining at all.

skillz said:

For most software that's not true, you don't need a uber super pc or mac computer to run most music production software.

Hardware vs software debates are pointless, but it every two minutes a new one emerges.

7thangel said:
disagree about reaper, a lot of their users, not all, but enough to make a huge impact have made complete as$es of themselves by going into forums, official daw forums, and trolling, being rude while trolling, and well, just trolling. kvr, a place where damn near every freebie and low cost app and vst/vsti gets major praise, regardless of any real quality, got tired of the constant reaper trolling. picture starting a thread askin' for help for your beloved live and all of a sudden some as$wipe hijacks and either politely or rudely tell you to change daws because yours suck. you ignore it, pay no mind. but then it happens again and again no matter the topic. after a while you get a picture, right or wrong, about it's users. you know the saying, it only takes a few, and those few have been discussed at the reaper forums.

the users can be detrimental to a daw...some perceptions because of a few....
cubase user, at least the ones at the official forums are whiny b!tches ("why won't steinberg make it easy for me to make great music and get groupies, :cry:")...

...fl users are thin skinned and come off like they have an inferiority complex due to their choice...

...logic... way too many just got logic for the 1st time and think they found god and either can't admit flaws or don't even know the app well enough to know any because '"it's all about the jampacks", lol...

...pt...need i say more "it's the industry standard, so there:p" thin skin, especially hd users (check gearslutz whenever they get challenged from le and other daw users and devs pro and amatuer)...

...sonar... like a little brother with "the hey, me too, look at me, please"...

...live..a little cultish...

...samplitude...kinda snobbish and cultish. no matter how many null tests still think it's the best sounding...

...and reaper...the hare krishna/scientologist/jehovah witnesses jim jones folk who not only drank the koolaid but are steadily tryin' to make everyone else drink it too.
grape koolaid for everyone:cheers:

all that is just plain generalizations and in most cases b.s. but there's enough of those type to tarnish the majority.

oh, and the actual look can turn people off. i don't use fl (tried a demo, didn't like it), and i have no doubt it's on par to every other daw, has pros and cons, but man, is it an eyesore, imo. i feel the same way about sawstudio, some versions of sonar. aesthetics are not as important as function but it can make a difference if you think you're going to be staring at something for hours and hours

Lol Loved it adn we all know which one I am.....I'm the dude in the cheap suit knocking on your door...Would you like some koolaid?

Obitheincredible said:
Lol Loved it adn we all know which one I am.....I'm the dude in the cheap suit knocking on your door...Would you like some koolaid?
lol. now, i wouldn't say a cheap suit, but i won't be answering the door....i'll be in the fetal position with a shottie yellin' go away :monkey:

introspective_beats said:
alright, sequence a beat, mix it down, and add vocals inside of your MPC or motif. oh, you're having trouble doing that? because those devices are not designed to do this thing. with FL Studio, I can get my sounds together, chop my sample, lay down the chops, record vox, and mix it down in the same exact project and program.

ahhh see i can record well sample vocals into my motif es....i rarely use over 8 tracks for instrumentation anyway. main vocals, back up and ad libs all on one track on 3 keys. and still sound better then what you doing in fruity loops...but i'm not here to battle

but see i know what i'm doing....also you don't hear us motif of mpc users asking "how can i get fruitly loop sounds in my gear" but you guys sure want our sounds.

biggrome said:
If REASON was called Sonic Sweaty Nuts...
GET LIVE 7 and never be laughed at... be part of the IN CROWD. We some cool mf's, lol.

For the record, I think FL is a tool like any other DAW but... some people think it really produces sounds instead of arranges sounds... weird.
i hate readin Rome posts, i always end up busting out laughin and spittin sht on my shiny new laptop screen. tis tru, we are some cool mofo's tho. i still think it's funny that cats do all this fruity btchin, yet chaseNcash (one of our very own) is gettin major placements off of fruity loop beats.
LevLove

Lokness42 said:
ahhh see i can record well sample vocals into my motif es....i rarely use over 8 tracks for instrumentation anyway. main vocals, back up and ad libs all on one track on 3 keys. and still sound better then what you doing in fruity loops...but i'm not here to battle

but see i know what i'm doing....also you don't hear us motif of mpc users asking "how can i get fruitly loop sounds in my gear" but you guys sure want our sounds.

try to record vocals into your motif without the use of a computer at all.

alright, now try master inside your motif or mpc.

now burn a CD of this mastered track using your motif.

how's that working for you?

I don't see your music online anywhere, so I can't speak to why my tracks are better than yours specifically, but when I am able to hear some of your **** I will do just that.

biggrome said:
For the record, I think FL is a tool like any other DAW but... some people think it really produces sounds instead of arranges sounds... weird.

Don't tell them that! Whaswrong with you?!

Back