Did you see how fast lex luger's BUZZ wore off??.........................

my best advice is to work on everything and work with everything within a limit. I'll never sell a beat below $100, i just cant do it, it makes no sense for me to do it but if a person can scrounge up 100 bucks i'll work with them. you just wanna get on everything, every project, every artist. Free if its a decent sized project as far as promo, and Paid if its just from some unknown rappers. but the more your name is out there the more opportunities you get from companies outside of the direct music industry

your beats are like a sponsorship honestly. Truthfully i used to be against paying rappers for beats. But if i could get a jay-z song for 10k.. i could make that money back by selling beats to nobodies for 500-1000 bucks a beat EASILY

producers gotta start looking at their career like theyre artist. Its like paying for a feautre. the bigger your resume and things you've worked on and people you've worked on, the more money you can charge up and comers
thats exactly what i am talkin about i been trying to tell fellow producers this and everyone acts like im crazy good to kno im not the one thinkin that way anymore

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

develop talent, you wanna have Ownership really. you wanna be in control. I hate sending in beats to A & Rs and playing the waiting game.

producers are artists, theyre getting clothing sponsorships and watch sponsorships, so you gotta move accordingly. you want Rick Ross on your beat? easy 5k. negotiate the terms and get your royalties split, then both parties are gonna promote, now you got something on your resume and you making money off it. you gonna make money off the record, and then off producers who want your sounds and upcoming artists who need beats and will pay you

Just like Guetta & Diplo do, thats what urban producers gotta do. to make some nice dough
i love this way of thinkin leaves those who are broke as **** in the dust :cool:

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I think his buzz wore off... TOO MANY producers bit his style unfortunately.. half of soundclick are lex luger beats.. also he changed his style up ... he's not on his trap shit as much.. he's using different sounds and sampling... that's obviously not his strengths yet.. but we'll see.. but I do agree his buzz def went all the way down..
karma homie he bit to come up

Everybody and there mommas has that same sound why would he last if he cant adapt. WhosNext
And everything out there still sounds like that shit. So why did he personally fall off? I think its money it has to be because that sound has not died just his name.

Shock Value II sounded like the soundtrack to a really bad Dance movie.. like Step up Part 8 or some shit, aint nobody tryna hear that shit truthfully. Best thing he can do is just take a step back from the music and work on other shit like Dre, Pharrell & JD

You can't make me accept this! I won't allow it! Jesus would have foot worked to those tracks lol. Shid but flop or not I hope we get another Missy album. Tim can keep SV3 though, that joint with him and Ne-yo is horrible.

Last edited:
thats the thing about music don't nobody really NEED your shit. Open up a restaurant niggas gotta eat... make that shit taste good and niggas gone eat there and you gone get your money. have AAA production + songwriting + singer and you might not see a red cent. Niggas still buyin steaks tho.. atleast till that food materializer joint from Google come out... then restaurants is finished nigga.

Just another hating thread for somebody who made it for the old ass washed up niggas thats still making those "Zulu" beats or "Boom Bap" LOL...

He just aint dropping singles all like that anymore he still has tracks on a alot of artist mixtapes that recently came out. Plenty of producers have break out years where they are all over the place then their buzz dies down. Right now it seems to be T minus then in a year or so it probably will be somebody else.

He's still got a lot going on apparently though

[h=2]2012[/h][h=3][edit]Rick Ross - Rich Forever[/h]
[h=3][edit]Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions[/h]
[h=3][edit]Chip tha Ripper - Tell Ya Friends[/h]
  • "Out Here"
[h=3][edit]Yo Gotti - Live From The Kitchen[/h]
  • "Second Chance"
[h=3][edit]Gucci Mane - Trap Back[/h]
[h=3][edit]Project Pat & Nasty Mane - Belly On Full[/h]
  • "Money Mane" (featuring 2 Chainz & Tatalalicious)
[h=3][edit]Doe Boy - Since 1994 Pt. 2[/h]
  • "Since 1994 Pt.2""
  • "It's Whatever" (featuring Sean Teezy)
[h=3][edit]Trap Music: Gorilla Warfare (Hosted by Gorilla Zoe)[/h]
  • "Spit In Yo Face" (Performed by Gorilla Zoe)
[h=3][edit]French Montana, Juicy J & Project Pat - Cocaine Mafia[/h]
  • "Catch Ya Later"
  • "Is You Kiddin Me" (featuring DJ Paul)
[h=3][edit]Tarvoria - Bedroom Bangers[/h]
  • "Jumpin' Off The Dresser"
[h=3][edit]Tay Don - M.A.F.I.A.[/h]
  • "Salute"
  • "Comfortable Darkness"
[h=3][edit]Wooh Da Kid - Strap-A-Holics 2.0 (Reloaded)[/h]
  • "Bricksquad Diva" (featuring Waka Flocka Flame, Slim Dunkin and Gucci Mane)
[h=3][edit]Wiz Khalifa - Taylor Allderdice[/h]
  • "The Code" (featuring Juicy J, Lola Monroe & Chevy Woods)
[h=3][edit]Mac Miller - Macadelic[/h]
  • "Lucky Ass *****'" (featuring Juicy J)
[h=3][edit]Bo Deal & Co Still - Niggaz You Love To Hate[/h]
  • "Not A Game" (featuring BFN)
[h=3][edit]Game - California Republic[/h]
  • "Death Penalty'"
  • "Bottles And Rockin' J's'"
[h=3][edit]Ice Burgandy - Progress Involves Risk Unfortunately[/h]
  • "My Benz'" (featuring Wooh P Smurf Waka Flocka)
[h=3][edit]French Montana & Coke Boys - Coke Boys 3[/h]
  • "9000 Watts '"
[h=3][edit]Hodgy Beats featuring Domo Genesis[/h]
  • "Timbs'"
[h=3][edit]Juicy J - Blue Dream & Lean (Bonus Track)[/h]
  • "I'm Ballin'"
[h=3][edit]Gucci Mane - I'm Up[/h]
  • "Kansas" (feat. Jim Jones)
  • "Spread the Word"
[h=3][edit]Lil Wyte - Still Doubted[/h]
[h=3][edit]Chevy Woods - Gang Land[/h]
  • "Vice" (feat. Juicy J & Wiz Khalifa)
  • "12 Rounds"
  • "36" (feat. Trae The Truth)
[h=3][edit]Waka Flocka Flame - Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family[/h]
  • "Triple F Life (Intro)" (with Southside)
  • "Round of Applause" (featuring Drake)
  • "Cash" (featuring Wooh Da Kid)
  • "Triple F Life (Outro)" (with Southside)
[h=3][edit]Doe Boy - Paid In Full[/h]
  • "Respect My Fresh"
[h=3][edit]CyHi The Prynce - Ivy League Club[/h]
  • "Real Talk" (featuring Dose)
[h=3][edit]Sergei Barracuda - Pouliční Ekonomická II[/h]
  • "Šéfuju"
  • "Monte Carlo" (feat. Smack)
  • "Ice Cube"
[h=2][edit]Upcoming[/h][h=3][edit]Soulja Boy - Promise[/h]
  • "Guapin" (featuring 2 Chainz; co-produced by Yung Sam Beatz)
[h=3][edit]Sean Garrett - TBA[/h]
  • "In da Box" (featuring Rick Ross)[SUP][11][/SUP]

This thread was fun to read, lol.

as20gp told the truth.

When people on web forums start to ask "What does so and so use?" and then "How do I get my "whatever" to sound like so and so?".... it's only a matter of time before that sound is easily accessible for $20 and the dudes learning it might flip it better than the original person.

Kanye was the King of sped up samples... then all of FP were doing it. Kanye got smart and jumped off of his own bandwagon and made something else.

When people heard T Pain songs with autotune on them... Antares stock probably shot through the roof and they were probably playing darts and looked and said "WTF!!! is happening YES!!!"

The internet lets the cat out of the bag... and everybody throws the cat high in the air to see if they always really land on their feet.

It's the old "I'mma just do what he did..." mentality. It works when something is new but it eventually levels off.

Last edited:
Just another hating thread for somebody who made it for the old ass washed up niggas thats still making those "Zulu" beats or "Boom Bap" LOL...
shit the boom bap audience still supports their fanbase because many of them have not figured out the technology lol. Besides that I know 19 year olds who make boom bap.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

This thread was fun to read, lol.

as20gp told the truth.

When people on web forums start to ask "What does so and so use?" and then "How do I get my "whatever" to sound like so and so?".... it's only a matter of time before that sound is easily accessible for $20 and the dudes learning it might flip it better than the original person.

Kanye was the King of sped up samples... then all of FP were doing it. Kanye got smart and jumped off of his own bandwagon and made something else.

When people heard T Pain songs with autotune on them... Antares stock probably shot through the roof and they were probably playing darts and looked and said "WTF!!! is happening YES!!!"

The internet lets the cat out of the bag... and everybody throws the cat high in the air to see if they always really land on their feet.

It's the old "I'mma just do what he did..." mentality. It works when something is new but it eventually levels off.
What is interesting about both of those things too is how they became popular. People had been using auto tune for its intended purpose for a few years but a lot more subtly than they do now. Kanye bit that sped up shit from Rza and made it mainstream. Damn the internet and letting the cat out the bag though. .

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

What is interesting about both of those things too is how they became popular. People had been using auto tune for its intended purpose for a few years but a lot more subtly than they do now. Kanye bit that sped up shit from Rza and made it mainstream. Damn the internet and letting the cat out the bag though. .

I guess people should scour the web for something fresh and bring it to Hip Hop and then they'll be the FIRST in Hip Hop.

Then they can really say FIRST B@#!Hes!!!!

I guess people should scour the web for something fresh and bring it to Hip Hop and then they'll be the FIRST in Hip Hop.

Then they can really say FIRST B@#!Hes!!!!
Nothing is really new though its just shit thats been there for a while and been adapted to something new. Example Dubstep is more like house music mixed with a little hip hop and other musical elements to create something new. Trap might be a new concept to hip hop idk where its influence came from though.

What you're describing is a phenomenon of digital information. The first copy is the most expensive due to the high fixed costs in creating the content. All subsequent copies are virtually free. The marginal cost for Microsoft to print another Windows 7 DVD is virtually zero; the same for Def Jam to print another copy of God Forgives, I don't. The same can be said for any content, particularly in the music industry.

The original and first production of Lex Luger's trap sound was probably very costly for Lex. He had create the perfect snap for his snare, the triplets and rolls for the snares, the way his 808s knock, even his signature sound fx pitch up effect. He had to basically forge the entire sound himself. Once the "sound" was established in the industry, everyone else could simply sample his snare, recreate every effect he had due to the availability of broadband and the massive access to information (people on forums discussing what patches are used in what songs). So every producer was able to basically knock off his sound for free; thus shooting up supply of Lex Luger type beats in the industry, and driving prices down for what producer's could get reimbursed for the music.

The phenomenon will get worse and worse for content creators. Although, they will be able to produce more content with less costs, the supply will shoot through the roof and drive prices further and further down. Eventually, only a few people will be able to earn money in the industry.

i think if you chasing this tv shit.... quit...
if you chasing the old tv shit... quit...
if you tryna have the whole world hear you... don't

because alot of the time you are going to be in the studio all excited about where the record may end up. then you just have to settle for the mixtape cut.

don't make a "2 Chainz Type" Beat... or a "Lex Luger Type" beat.... find you a team of dedicated artists,engineers, all that.. and work with cats that are willing to pay and not just tryna sell you a pipe dream.... cause we are all grown adults here.. and i'm sure we've heard all the stories..

What you're describing is a phenomenon of digital information. The first copy is the most expensive due to the high fixed costs in creating the content. All subsequent copies are virtually free. The marginal cost for Microsoft to print another Windows 7 DVD is virtually zero; the same for Def Jam to print another copy of God Forgives, I don't. The same can be said for any content, particularly in the music industry.

The original and first production of Lex Luger's trap sound was probably very costly for Lex. He had create the perfect snap for his snare, the triplets and rolls for the snares, the way his 808s knock, even his signature sound fx pitch up effect. He had to basically forge the entire sound himself. Once the "sound" was established in the industry, everyone else could simply sample his snare, recreate every effect he had due to the availability of broadband and the massive access to information (people on forums discussing what patches are used in what songs). So every producer was able to basically knock off his sound for free; thus shooting up supply of Lex Luger type beats in the industry, and driving prices down for what producer's could get reimbursed for the music.

The phenomenon will get worse and worse for content creators. Although, they will be able to produce more content with less costs, the supply will shoot through the roof and drive prices further and further down. Eventually, only a few people will be able to earn money in the industry.
the cost of materials to print that cd still costs money. To come up with a style of beats probably cost Lex nothing as I am sure he was running on a pirated version of FL with pirated plug ins and just running with what he had. I am not sure I am follow what you are getting at. To create the content costs money sure but to distribute it digitally is free no overhead for digital distribution sure just the creation of the content which at times can be free too. Say example for us we make beats it only costs us the cost of our tools and after we have our tools all of our beats cost us zero to make and distribution can be free if we want it to be.

Nothing is really new though its just shit thats been there for a while and been adapted to something new. Example Dubstep is more like house music mixed with a little hip hop and other musical elements to create something new. Trap might be a new concept to hip hop idk where its influence came from though.

Not at all new just scary orchestra/haloween music wit 808's. Movie themes helped the whole concept

Probably the biggest one

Others

Back