Did you see how fast lex luger's BUZZ wore off??.........................

He had up fl studio tutorials........and image line told him to take down all the videos or they would sue him for copyright infringement

kinda weird though, out of the thousands of fl tutorials they told him to take his down

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

They don't kill youtube accounts for copyright violations. They kill the vids.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

They don't kill youtube accounts for copyright violations. They kill the vids.

They can kill accounts too. I guess it must be a multiple offender type thing to do it though. I was subscribed to a few accounts that got canceled.

moral of the story is. let the market dictate your price sometimes. Lex got a couple big records, started chargin a lot of money and it wasnt exactly worth it for artists when there are other producers who will work for cheaper or would be willing to sign to a production team/company under the artist.
lets be realistic here lex sound NEVER warranted a big price tag anyways....

u get 3 strikes then they kill ur account

Gotcha.

They had a copyright issue with me, and they wouldn't let me put the video up. But it was my song, so I had to "prove" it.

Then I had Yo-Gabba-Gabba playing in the background of one of my vids, and they made me site what was playing in the background before they would allow it back up.

as20GP pretty much murdered the thread...lol.

I only read 4 pages of this, but I understand your whole point about the industry and the environment it puts producers in. What type of advice would you give to music producers trying to extend their "life" or career in the industry? If artists continue purchasing tracks from cheaper producers, how can a producer establish his brand and extend his career?

lets be realistic here lex sound NEVER warranted a big price tag anyways....

well you dont get paid based on what you deserve or your worth. You get paid based on the price you can consistently get. If Lex could consistently get 10k a beat, why wouldnt he do it? You just gotta not sip your kool-aid to the point where you think you can charge that forever.

If its that easy to replicate what you do then there wasn't much value in it to begin with. The Internet/Social Media Era EXPOSED the fact that the vast majority of so-called super duper talented producers and artists were not really as unique as the industry would like the public to believe, its just that before there were no other outlets for the other 47 Just Blazes and 88 Timbalands to gain visibility. Now there is and the decline in revenue from music selling dictates that the artist spreads the wealth among Lex Luger and his other 74 nearly identical counterparts so almost no one producer can dominate and demand any real big bread.

Good news for the producer community in the sense you now have a much better chance of getting to work with some of your favorite artists.

Bad news for the producer community in the sense that if you get a run it will be shorter and more limited and you better figure out how to capitalize off your run other than depending on placement money alone

Nearly everyone can produce 'beetz' but how many can discover, nurture and break the next stand out act? That's where the true scarcity value exists but of course that takes much more effort and RISK (time, energy, money) than spending 20 minutes in your bedroom cooking up a generic trap beat off your free cracked software.

The industry is looking for the next Drake not the next Lex Luger...

as20GP pretty much murdered the thread...lol.

I only read 4 pages of this, but I understand your whole point about the industry and the environment it puts producers in. What type of advice would you give to music producers trying to extend their "life" or career in the industry? If artists continue purchasing tracks from cheaper producers, how can a producer establish his brand and extend his career?

my best advice is to work on everything and work with everything within a limit. I'll never sell a beat below $100, i just cant do it, it makes no sense for me to do it but if a person can scrounge up 100 bucks i'll work with them. you just wanna get on everything, every project, every artist. Free if its a decent sized project as far as promo, and Paid if its just from some unknown rappers. but the more your name is out there the more opportunities you get from companies outside of the direct music industry

your beats are like a sponsorship honestly. Truthfully i used to be against paying rappers for beats. But if i could get a jay-z song for 10k.. i could make that money back by selling beats to nobodies for 500-1000 bucks a beat EASILY

producers gotta start looking at their career like theyre artist. Its like paying for a feautre. the bigger your resume and things you've worked on and people you've worked on, the more money you can charge up and comers

I think it's the same thing no matter what industry you in. Right now, I'm making beats and producing as a hobby - classical music is my career. But there's always someone who can imitate for much less than what the originators are doing. That's why you need to just make the music you want to hear. If you're innovative, cool. If not, still cool. I think a lot of people are forgetting why they got into music in the first place. Talent speaks for itself. If you're really that good, people will recognize it.

develop talent, you wanna have Ownership really. you wanna be in control. I hate sending in beats to A & Rs and playing the waiting game.

producers are artists, theyre getting clothing sponsorships and watch sponsorships, so you gotta move accordingly. you want Rick Ross on your beat? easy 5k. negotiate the terms and get your royalties split, then both parties are gonna promote, now you got something on your resume and you making money off it. you gonna make money off the record, and then off producers who want your sounds and upcoming artists who need beats and will pay you

Just like Guetta & Diplo do, thats what urban producers gotta do. to make some nice dough

Legal Dollaz;49445275 Nearly everyone can produce 'beetz' but [U said:
how many can discover, nurture and break the next stand out act?[/U] That's where the true scarcity value exists but of course that takes much more effort and RISK (time, energy, money) than spending 20 minutes in your bedroom cooking up a generic trap beat off your free cracked software.

The industry is looking for the next Drake not the next Lex Luger...

"What more can I say?" -- Jay-Z

if its that easy to replicate what you do then there wasn't much value in it to begin with. The internet/social media era exposed the fact that the vast majority of so-called super duper talented producers and artists were not really as unique as the industry would like the public to believe, its just that before there were no other outlets for the other 47 just blazes and 88 timbalands to gain visibility. Now there is and the decline in revenue from music selling dictates that the artist spreads the wealth among lex luger and his other 74 nearly identical counterparts so almost no one producer can dominate and demand any real big bread.

Good news for the producer community in the sense you now have a much better chance of getting to work with some of your favorite artists.

Bad news for the producer community in the sense that if you get a run it will be shorter and more limited and you better figure out how to capitalize off your run other than depending on placement money alone

nearly everyone can produce 'beetz' but how many can discover, nurture and break the next stand out act? That's where the true scarcity value exists but of course that takes much more effort and risk (time, energy, money) than spending 20 minutes in your bedroom cooking up a generic trap beat off your free cracked software.

The industry is looking for the next drake not the next lex luger...

this.......

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

my best advice is to work on everything and work with everything within a limit. I'll never sell a beat below $100, i just cant do it, it makes no sense for me to do it but if a person can scrounge up 100 bucks i'll work with them. You just wanna get on everything, every project, every artist. Free if its a decent sized project as far as promo, and paid if its just from some unknown rappers. But the more your name is out there the more opportunities you get from companies outside of the direct music industry

your beats are like a sponsorship honestly. Truthfully i used to be against paying rappers for beats. But if i could get a jay-z song for 10k.. I could make that money back by selling beats to nobodies for 500-1000 bucks a beat easily

producers gotta start looking at their career like theyre artist. Its like paying for a feautre. The bigger your resume and things you've worked on and people you've worked on, the more money you can charge up and comers

this.....

And if you need to outsource some assistance in doing that, people like Troup are there to provide the necessary services...

Plug-In lol

:cheers:

Just wrote/produced a pretty nice Katy Perry / Kelly Clarkson type song for an 18 year old girl. She came from a stage background, so she sounded Broadway, but we gave her a totally fresh sound that she's pleased with.

Promised her the best record that she's ever recorded in her life, and we delivered. As we always do.

Need original songs for your artists? Need to find their "sound"? Need to know what lane to put them in, for maximum penetration in the marketplace? Wanna get the BEST out of your artist?

well you dont get paid based on what you deserve or your worth. You get paid based on the price you can consistently get. If Lex could consistently get 10k a beat, why wouldnt he do it? You just gotta not sip your kool-aid to the point where you think you can charge that forever.

Im confused Lex only been doing this for like 2-3yrs now (on a maintstream level) what do you mean by he cant charge this forever if y'all are saying he's fallen off and hasnt been in the game that long...

But I still believe this thread is way premature. Lex has had some stuff come out within the last year (was on macs tape, ross's tape, whiz's tape, gucci's tape, waka's album) quite frankly we dont know what he doing he could be working with juicy j on another mixtape as we speak, or could bedoing something bigger like scoring something idk. With that being said I do think Mike Will might have taken his trap crown tho.

I think his buzz wore off... TOO MANY producers bit his style unfortunately.. half of soundclick are lex luger beats.. also he changed his style up ... he's not on his trap shit as much.. he's using different sounds and sampling... that's obviously not his strengths yet.. but we'll see.. but I do agree his buzz def went all the way down..

Im confused Lex only been doing this for like 2-3yrs now (on a maintstream level) what do you mean by he cant charge this forever if y'all are saying he's fallen off and hasnt been in the game that long...

But I still believe this thread is way premature. Lex has had some stuff come out within the last year (was on macs tape, ross's tape, whiz's tape, gucci's tape, waka's album) quite frankly we dont know what he doing he could be working with juicy j on another mixtape as we speak, or could bedoing something bigger like scoring something idk. With that being said I do think Mike Will might have taken his trap crown tho.

music industry time is sped up 10 fold. A year is like 3

Back