Broke rappers

Find an artist who complements your sound and push them. If the artist blows up and the artist has a different sound(think 40 and drake) people will start coming to you for your sound not somebody else. Or you can find a major artist and if you can get a track to them that has a distinct sound you can blow up that way.

Yea, I think they slept on this statement, and the importance of it..

:rolleyes:

:smokinFP:

Ive never ever been asked to make beats like anyone else except for cats who are in my lane and even those are rare exceptions. Like I got asked to make a Babu style beat once and once i got asked to make a 9th Wonder style beat. That was it lol

It is more amusing when somebody hits you up for a beat (in my case I compose most of mine myself and rarely sample) and it is not even close to what you make.

yep it is

---------- Post added 03-05-2011 at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-03-2011 at 04:40 PM ----------

Its hard to find rappers to buy your style because all they want to make is bubblegum music!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with u F or DeAF I see u sick of it too!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 03-07-2011 at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-06-2011 at 11:34 AM ----------

how do u get around broke rappers?

I agree with u F or DeAF I see u sick of it too!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 03-07-2011 at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-06-2011 at 11:34 AM ----------

how do u get around broke rappers?
Kill em. Kill they ass like they klilled the game. An eye for a crooked eye. A tooth for a chipped tooth.

Looks like everybody scared to spend money Producers and rappers ...i say this ...if you ain't willing to invest in yourself ...don't expect anybody else 2 ...that is just being 100 wit yah ....don't get upset if a customer dose not follow thru ...or if a producer dose not give you a free beat...learn the craft yourself and put your knowledge in over drive....

agreed
i agree

---------- Post added 09-17-2011 at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-15-2011 at 07:48 AM ----------

there are some borke rappers around

most of rappers on internet flossin and making these songs are BROKE

this broke ass rapper would break off any of the motrha****in artist/ beatmakers/ or producers talking on your post. money the same reason why the rap games dieing now. YO , find another way to make loot.
This game is grown on people doing what they love
But be ruined by people doing what gets them paid,

fkwtya say:

YO , find another way to make loot.
This game WAS grown on people doing what they love
But ruined by people doing what gets them paid

Then again, thats the same type of thinking that got 50's 60's and 70's era artist record labels rich but kept the artist broke for years.
You start doing the numbers and come to the manager with questions and they tell you
"hey kid worry about the art, your supposed to be doing it for the love"

Then your sitting there with the repo man taking your plaques off the wall....

I think its good artist are more about their business rather than letting jerry heller keep all the money.
Yeah it makes cats come off greedy and some are even coming in for money over the art but those cats will die out.
how did the joker say it
"if your good at something never do it for free"

yeah its so many people aspiring to be the next big thing....that theyre not going to make it with a free attitude

Back