Broke rappers

Yea, Its a lot of broke rappers around. I'm from Detroit I be charging $50 for web site or music video. Its a lot of time people be pissed that I be trying to charge them. Thats really just the love price but hey they "Broke Rappers"!

It take money to make money!

THE ONLY WEB SITE 4GOONZ!!

If you are a rapper and you pay a local producer with no industry placements for a beat you are a certified dumb ass...

You gotta look at it from the artist perspective here...they get a track, they have to record it, get it mixed, package, and figure out an EFFECTIVE delivery method for it...In today's game the delivery method may not even involve payment...why should local producer x get paid when local artist Z does ALL of the leg work? Because a "producer" put his time into the track? Seriously? Reeeeallllly?

Another reason why local artists should never pay local beatmakers is because its a risky investment...beatmakers tend to veiw themselves as providing a service but thats probably the furthest thing from the truth...an actual producer with hit making taste and methods provide a service and they should be paid...but homey programing away on FL studio is providing a track...nothing else, that track is an investment if it is bought because the artist is expecting to profit off of the track...If you as the beatmaker have no track record of making artists money because of them rapping on your beats then why would an artist drop money on you? Cause you make beats???? ReeeeAaaaallllly?!

Lastly if you are in a major market like I am (Miami) then there are plenty of amazing beatmakers in your local scene who would love to work with you provided you're good... Down here the only unsigned acts who pay for beats are the wack ones...

The last project we put out had beats from Dj Smallz, Cool and Dre, Cp Holloywood, Hugo Diaz (won a couple grammys), and someone else im forgetting...NONE of them were paid...so if I can get these guys to contribute to my artists projects for free then why on earth would I pay you? Cause you make beats?????

If you are a rapper and you pay a local producer with no industry placements for a beat you are a certified dumb ass...

You gotta look at it from the artist perspective here...they get a track, they have to record it, get it mixed, package, and figure out an EFFECTIVE delivery method for it...In today's game the delivery method may not even involve payment...why should local producer x get paid when local artist Z does ALL of the leg work? Because a "producer" put his time into the track? Seriously? Reeeeallllly?

Another reason why local artists should never pay local beatmakers is because its a risky investment...beatmakers tend to veiw themselves as providing a service but thats probably the furthest thing from the truth...an actual producer with hit making taste and methods provide a service and they should be paid...but homey programing away on FL studio is providing a track...nothing else, that track is an investment if it is bought because the artist is expecting to profit off of the track...If you as the beatmaker have no track record of making artists money because of them rapping on your beats then why would an artist drop money on you? Cause you make beats???? ReeeeAaaaallllly?!

Lastly if you are in a major market like I am (Miami) then there are plenty of amazing beatmakers in your local scene who would love to work with you provided you're good... Down here the only unsigned acts who pay for beats are the wack ones...

The last project we put out had beats from Dj Smallz, Cool and Dre, Cp Holloywood, Hugo Diaz (won a couple grammys), and someone else im forgetting...NONE of them were paid...so if I can get these guys to contribute to my artists projects for free then why on earth would I pay you? Cause you make beats?????

You drop money on them because they are providing you a service. I doubt Jay goes up to Kanye and says "Let me get this beat for free". It's a business. You pay people for their services. The only time people are gonna give you something free is because they know you very well and have faith in you. And if you're getting beats from the people you say you're getting them from then why would you get a beat from Joe Schmo down the street? I agree with the OP. Broke Rappers.

xdxk3o.jpg

while I see where you are coming from I highly disagree with you. If you are an artist putting out a project anyone getting on your project should be compensated for the work they do. Saying oh because you make beats is just like saying rappers shouldnt be paid for doing shows (standing on stage talking over beats) industry placements mean more to some people than others though. I personally think anyone in this day and age who is still chasing industry placements especially producers/beatmakers are selling themselves short. You might get paid and if you do it won't be on time and it will be months after the fact. Lets not pretend like the independent market is just irrelevant.

To a lot of people myself included morals mean a lot more than the cash. I'd rather know I lived right but I am broke than to get to the top by being dishonest. A lot of people do not care about things like that it makes me wonder what their kids will think about stealing. I think age and maturity also have a lot to do with the way I feel. At 16 I might not have had an issue with stealing software (pretty sure I wouldn't have but computers weren't popping like that in 2000) I am 27 now getting married in 2 weeks and have kids my views on the world are entirely different. Idk Im ranting

I gotta agree. Respect. I think alot diff now that Im 24 and married than when I was 14 and lazy.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

THE ONLY WEB SITE 4GOONZ!!

Not sure what the purpose of your site is...? Prolly cuz im not a goon.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

The last project we put out had beats from Dj Smallz, Cool and Dre, Cp Holloywood, Hugo Diaz (won a couple grammys)

I smell somethin... smells like bullshidd.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

If you are an artist putting out a project anyone getting on your project should be compensated for the work they do.

Nuff Said. If I shovel your snow, or make you a beat, Im providing a service.
Pay Me.

Last edited:
yeah thatrs what im saying
ITS NOT OUR FAULT AS PRODUCERS AND BEATMAKERS that the artiust isnt making any money off his mixtape. That artiust is a dummy for givin it away for free in the first place.

Look if I charge you 800.00 for a mixtape with all of my beats on it.

You can make that 800.00 back easily selling the mixtape for 5 dollars a piece. you can easily find 500 people who will buy your mixtape for 5.00 thats 2500 profit of a 800.00 investment.

But it all depends on the artist if their willing to grind hard or not. Not the beat maker.

www.maybachmusiclatino.com

Check the mixtape credits...

Look I understand why some of you guys think the way you do but the fact of the matter is you are operating with an arcane perspective...sell mixtapes for 5 dollars? Oooook cause people are just buying the hell outta cd's in 2011...The game has changed, everybody is making less money...instead of crying about how local artists cant pay for your "service", overstand, adapt, and profit...I wish all of you the best of luck!

to thunderdan the game has changed is from a perspectivve and mentality. the reason peope dont buy Cds is becuase the album can be gotten by illegal means. If uir an upcomiong artist no one, will download your mixtape because its not available on the internet to download. So therefire u can charge them because it isnt accesible anywhere else but by you! Change ur perspective cuz

Well the way I look at it, I could care less if a producer uses cracked software. AS LONG as they're working towards buying that same software or even saving up to buy hardware, then I'm cool with that. I'm sure that's what some of these popular producers did to start out. To me, it's just a way of testing the waters to see if producing is really for them (even though a good number of em need to keep their dayjob lol). I'm not trying to support piracy or some shit like that, but if they wanna do it more power to em. For the producers that buy their software/hardware legally right off the bat, I give them TWICE as much respect because they believe in their own ability enough to make an investment like that.

Broke rappers on the other hand lol I could go on haha..

Stopped giving out free beats to unsigned, beginner, broke rappers. When you give for free, they don't value. It goes toward disrespect.

At first I was intending to help. i would offer them the beat, the mix and some feedback for free. Peopl just don't respect that. When you tell them to invest in a decent dynamic mic. They would get some crappy usb stuff and expect you to do wonders afterwards. Wasn't even willing to mix the tracks afterwards.

Some of them would harass you but as soon s you provide the free stuff, you wouldn't hear any records done. Waste fo time and money.

You would pay for your software, monitors, offer free mixes and those guys won't have the simple courtesy of recording or even staying in touch simply.

Hell to that, now everyone gotta pay and I don't care if your cousin is a big major, if you know the son of a big music exec or if your mom is a marvelette (happened to me lol). And if you don't have money stop buying herb and cognac and save up...

My softwares cost.

Stopped giving out free beats to unsigned, beginner, broke rappers. When you give for free, they don't value. It goes toward disrespect.

At first I was intending to help. i would offer them the beat, the mix and some feedback for free. Peopl just don't respect that. When you tell them to invest in a decent dynamic mic. They would get some crappy usb stuff and expect you to do wonders afterwards. Wasn't even willing to mix the tracks afterwards.

Some of them would harass you but as soon s you provide the free stuff, you wouldn't hear any records done. Waste fo time and money.

You would pay for your software, monitors, offer free mixes and those guys won't have the simple courtesy of recording or even staying in touch simply.

Hell to that, now everyone gotta pay and I don't care if your cousin is a big major, if you know the son of a big music exec or if your mom is a marvelette (happened to me lol). And if you don't have money stop buying herb and cognac and save up...

My softwares cost.
I cosign this entire post. :cheers:

Yo Old Dirty stole a drum machine for RZA when he was starting out. Niggas used to steal MPCs and SPs from studios back in the day. Dudes just trying to get in where they fit in. Yes I agree, these people should be the last complaining about cats taking or wanting free beats. But if the music is hot, does it matter how they came about the equipment.

BTW, I buy my shit. But I have also used cracked software. So I can see both sides of the arguement.

fab, jay and a handful of other rappers had bape on that exclusive tip for a year or two. then people just started running with it and now its played out. kids at the mall rock bapesta shoes and hoodies and swear theyre hot... i mean its cool if you wear it because you like it, but damn... theres so many mindless trend-followers.

So many lazy ass people in Hip Hop...

damn...

it's sad & tired at the same time

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

theres to many of those type out there

is hip hop a hot mess?

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

Niggas sit around like here are my (insert producer) type beats that hella other people are doing as well. PAY ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!

oh wow...

Yo Old Dirty stole a drum machine for RZA when he was starting out. Niggas used to steal MPCs and SPs from studios back in the day. Dudes just trying to get in where they fit in.

Thankfully the equivalent these days is somebody downloading a cracked version of FL Studio.

Nuff Said. If I shovel your snow, or make you a beat, Im providing a service.
Pay Me.

Aight man, we'll agree to disagree. I still believe that you're using the word "STUPID" incorrectly. If someone makes MONEY from software in which he spent NO MONEY on, that ain't STUPID bruh. It aint fair, right, honest, etc. but stupid aint the word for it.

Matter of fact, some would say, you payin top dollar for software and not sellin shidd, but *sleeping tight* because *thats how your parents raised you* is stupid lol.

Well...ehh.

Last edited:
Back