Broke rappers

I like the broke rappers. They always got the weed, some drank, and some hood rats. I be getting high, drunk, and sucked off all for a beat I made in 10 minutes with fruity loops.

I would bet that half of the "producers" have not made the money they spent on gear back from beat sales...

Well, if you bought Fruity Loops for $99 then you might have. Not a knock on the Fruit. Reaper is a beast and it's cheaper than FL.

Rome the sad thing is my highest paying music job isn't from doing Hip Hop. I did music for a school play with a friend that brings in quite a nice royalty check every quarter. It has covered my gear :).

Broke Rappers is reality about hip hop at the grass roots level. Sure you can charge them a few dollars but you have to be realistic in what you charge them. Many rappers I know dont work. They're committed full time to honing their craft. They dont call people Broke Musicians for nothing. The key is working with the right rappers in exchange for promotion. You work with the right rapper and once he becomes known, then the dough will come.

man a broke rapper is just a kindered spirit dog lacking understanding from the public. im broke as ****. but im sick as shit. im just white with dreadlocks and guages. and i used to live in alabama till a few weeks ago. so quit talkin shit. obviously your broke too or you wouldnt be whining haha

Get familiar with disliking certain moments in time for a positive reward in the end.

As an artist, I have bought leases just to see the guy next door bought the same joint, literally. I been onstage rockin, get off, and 15 minutes later the next artist up is rockin to the same soundclick artist that I leased from. Leasing sucks azz, from that standpoint. for the producer, its great. you get paid each time someone cops from you and you don't care if the buyers are performing in the same city, town, stage, etc. you don't care if the buyers are slanging their shitty azz mixtape on the exact same streets. you, actually, love it. they gettin you MORE business. cuz most unsigned artists are scrounging for whatever will help them blow. so they buy a lease and start pushing. inevitably, another artist in their hometown gets a copy of their mixtape and decides "i can do that song better than him" and gets online, buys that lease and the cycle begins and continues again and again.. lol.. producing is the move.... i need to kill my mic and get me some fruityloops

As one of those broke rappers, I'll put it like this. Most of us don't come from a background where money is disposable like that. Don't get me wrong, I love to actually buy beats from the producer, because its still a business, but a lot of these producers need to realize they are on the same level that these broke rappers are on. Fortunately I was able to find some good producers who want to work with me just because they want to see me grow, and with recent developments, they'll finally be getting some money for their hard work.

The Alchemist gave a beat to Saigon for $100 when he started, Cam got a beat from Swizz for 5,000 and this was when the ruff Ryders were on top of the world. But on the other hand it is annoying to get those emails demanding a free beat rather than explaining their situation and being humble about it.

Yea that's what rappers should do explain their situation instead of asking for free stuff

Im not tired of broke rappers because for every broke rapper out there theres 3 broke producers talking about I charge $30 for a beat with my cracked vsts qwerty keyboard downloaded sounds and stolen daw. It goes both ways.

this one always made me laugh...

i will say over 50% of any "producer" started off with a pirated version of a DAW. but the difference is. who purchases it after they decide they want to make profit from it.

Rappers and Producers are nothing alike. you can't just wake up and say "i want to be a producer" like you can wake up and say "i wanna be a rapper"

Rappers get the mindset that people are supposed to give them free things whether its clothes,hoes,money,promotion. they want it free. Producers have to have a Rapper that is able to get those things in order for him to do it.

Producers and Rappers are never, will never, and should never be compared.

Most producers started off making beats for fun UNTIL someone told them that they could make money from it. At first they probably were doing it for fun and probably had a hundred beats saved on their computer to show they homies. but the first time someone offers $$ for those beats. what is he going to think? that he is able to make money from it. from that point on he should then begin investing in himself. but you can't compare a broke producer to a broke rapper, because one's struggle and determination is nothing like the other

I like the broke rappers. They always got the weed, some drank, and some hood rats. I be getting high, drunk, and sucked off all for a beat I made in 10 minutes with fruity loops.

that sounds about right but they dont always have to goods.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

regardless if you use cracked stuff or not you still are wasting your time. if they dont pay you now they wont pay you later.

If its a choice between having generic, unskilled vocalists paying for my beats or highly skilled, unique vocalists rhyming over my beats for free on collaborations, I'd choose the latter all day. It doesn't matter how good your beats are if you have some guy with verbal diarrhea making your hard work sound like garbage. Getting a reputation as a guy who produces with excellent lyricists will get you sought out. Would some compensation one day be nice? Sure. But you should never get into the music scene with dollar signs in your eyes.

People that have made it in the industry didn't get to where they are by selling to every joe schmoe who wants a good deal on beats. They made it by finding highly skilled people to work with.

I had a point, but I think I lost it.

If its a choice between having generic, unskilled vocalists paying for my beats or highly skilled, unique vocalists rhyming over my beats for free on collaborations, I'd choose the latter all day. It doesn't matter how good your beats are if you have some guy with verbal diarrhea making your hard work sound like garbage. Getting a reputation as a guy who produces with excellent lyricists will get you sought out. Would some compensation one day be nice? Sure. But you should never get into the music scene with dollar signs in your eyes.

People that have made it in the industry didn't get to where they are by selling to every joe schmoe who wants a good deal on beats. They made it by finding highly skilled people to work with.

I had a point, but I think I lost it.

well stated

Im one of those broke ass rappers too. I worked hard for the money I saved up and copped myself a mac, a mic and some interfaces along with an mpk to work on making some beats. I pirate my software because I believe that buying software and plugins for 5000 is a little crazy and not possible for me. I actually spend a few hours everyday toying with my plugins to see what interesting stuff I can get out of them but thats besides the point. I wouldn't mind paying a producer for a beat if I actually thought it was worth paying for, and 99 percent of them aren't.. but same goes for rappers, 99 percent of em are generic garbage but theres always the needle in the haystack. I think the best chance of success for both people would be to pair up and just make great music together, I don't see why thats so hard. When one gets paid, so does the other. Instead of buying a bunch of tracks off random people, I think its much more important to build a relationship with just one. Thats currently what I'm trying to do but I'm having some trouble finding the needle haha. Music is a business based off of relationships, but thats just the way I see it. I have no shame in pirating my software because I feel like I met myself half way with putting the money into the hardware, so it kinda evens out imo. Just my thoughts :cheers:

- Revency

this one always made me laugh...

i will say over 50% of any "producer" started off with a pirated version of a DAW. but the difference is. who purchases it after they decide they want to make profit from it.

Rappers and Producers are nothing alike. you can't just wake up and say "i want to be a producer" like you can wake up and say "i wanna be a rapper"

Rappers get the mindset that people are supposed to give them free things whether its clothes,hoes,money,promotion. they want it free. Producers have to have a Rapper that is able to get those things in order for him to do it.

Producers and Rappers are never, will never, and should never be compared.

Most producers started off making beats for fun UNTIL someone told them that they could make money from it. At first they probably were doing it for fun and probably had a hundred beats saved on their computer to show they homies. but the first time someone offers $$ for those beats. what is he going to think? that he is able to make money from it. from that point on he should then begin investing in himself. but you can't compare a broke producer to a broke rapper, because one's struggle and determination is nothing like the other

lol thats funny how u put every rapper in the same category

Back