Broke rappers

Look, lets make a new rule:

If you purchased software legit, all authentic VSTi's and all, you can sell your beats.

If you got ANYTHING illegit, you gotta give dem shidds up for the free.

I'm just saying you're kinda contradicting yourself.

I was sayin ME PERSONALLY, I should be entitiled to payment for services rendered.

I also don't consider 'cracked version of FL' producers to be stupid. Stupid in general is a strong word, and means void of intelligence. I don't consider dem lil dudes void of intelligence. Unless they are lex luger, getting grands for dem illegal software made beats, I really could care less. Let them get they learn on and do them.

Soundclick puts other peoples links on your page!

hip hop / the rap game is a HOT, FUKCING MESS

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I personally think anyone in this day and age who is still chasing industry placements especially producers/beatmakers are selling themselves short

solid point...

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Waste of time and money

makes me wonder if hip hop / rap IN GENERAL is a waste of time and money...

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

theres so many mindless trend-followers

pretty much...it's strange...

Check it out

check out this blog. not as updated but it definately has some cool products.......could be for the broke rappers or the rich ones lol

tigertailrecords.blogspot.com NO WWW IN THE BEGINIING JUST HTTP

man Tigertail no ones going to check u out, we consider that spam! GTFOH!!!!!!!!

I'd give out a free beat, just tag it, and if its hot your names out there on the radio waves, plus im broke, now if i see someone that has money imma ask for a lil somethin

It seems like a lot of producers just wanna take the money and run.........

I say if you find somebody with skills, work with him. Who knows where the next Eminem may come from...? =/

[QUOTE='[F_or_DEAF]
makes me wonder if hip hop / rap IN GENERAL is a waste of time and money...
[/QUOTE]

Of course it is, if anybody is doing it just for money I recommend giving it up.

im doin it for money and art form but the art is dying becuae every rapper wants a gucci mane beat!

It seems like a lot of producers just wanna take the money and run.........

I say if you find somebody with skills, work with him. Who knows where the next Eminem may come from...? =/

skills means not a lot.. there are many skilled rappers... the grind and who knows the rapper is more important. (not even who this rapper might know).

Look at Lil'B. Plenty of rappers who are more skilled than he is (strictly flow wise)... Yet are nowhere.

Last edited:
A lot of people aren't doing it for the money because they ain't making none.

:cheers:

skills means not a lot.. there are many skilled rappers... the grind and who knows the rapper is more important. (not even who this rapper might know).

Look at Lil'B. Plenty of rappers who are more skilled than he is (strictly flow wise)... Yet are nowhere.

To clarify, when I said skilled i meant vocal talent and drive. Money isn't an issue if they possess those two attributes. The money will come regardless.

Drive is essential in any competitive situation. If you lack drive, you might as well hang it up.

Last edited:
vocal talent and drive

in hip hop these days, you don't need either of those no more...all you DO gotta have is a stereotypical IMAGE, stereotypical LYRICS & SOUND, and be willing to SAY & DO ANYTHING FOR ATTENTION.

this whole shit is COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT at this point in the game

Last edited:
but i hate now as a beat makjer that u have to make damn trap beats all the time just to sell some damn beats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hey make me a trap beat, make me a lex luger beat, I want a Vybe beat, I want some bass, I want a club beat!!!! SMH! Do I look like f*ckin lex luger or Vybe????????

S*****t Im trying to be innovative with my sound yet I always come across rappers who want the same damn type of beats!!!!!!!!!!!

SMMMMMMMMMMMH!

but i hate now as a beat makjer that u have to make damn trap beats all the time just to sell some damn beats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hey make me a trap beat, make me a lex luger beat, I want a Vybe beat, I want some bass, I want a club beat!!!! SMH! Do I look like f*ckin lex luger or Vybe????????

S*****t Im trying to be innovative with my sound yet I always come across rappers who want the same damn type of beats!!!!!!!!!!!

SMMMMMMMMMMMH!

Move on to people who want a different sound. Or better yet start rapping yourself and go over your own beats. There are solutions to this little problem.

SMMMMMMMMMMMH!

faker than fake fake ass felonious ass game...ain't it
:smokinFP:

SMMMMMMMMMMMH!
Find an artist who complements your sound and push them. If the artist blows up and the artist has a different sound(think 40 and drake) people will start coming to you for your sound not somebody else. Or you can find a major artist and if you can get a track to them that has a distinct sound you can blow up that way.

SMMMMMMMMMMMH!
Ive never ever been asked to make beats like anyone else except for cats who are in my lane and even those are rare exceptions. Like I got asked to make a Babu style beat once and once i got asked to make a 9th Wonder style beat. That was it lol

Back