Mv 8800 Why Does No One Use These

DiaboliC said:
i smell bs =)
paul_who said:
yeah i thought that was funny too.............good one
I dont see how. I think the MV is a great piece but I would seriously take my cd3000 or a mpc 3000 over a MV. I don't need all of the features it offers and I don't like the size or feel of the machine. But its a good machine it does a lot more than what I need. if I got to the point where I needed all of those features I would just get Fruity Loops

DiaboliC said:
lol imagine lol i chose my yamaha psr over a Motif any day lol jk
apples and oranges smh. PSRs aren't bad keyboards but they aren't great by any stretch of the imagination. I love my cd3000 mostly due to sound but it is also very easy to use and very fun to use. I dont find the MV 8000 to be fun for me. I enjoyed the mpcs that I have used (both 2000s, 1000, and 2500 Ive used the 500 and hated it) but didn't enjoy the MV but I loved the features

Last edited:
thats what I was saying about my S3000XL... I'm not dissing the MV8000 as I have had one for 3 1/2 years... I just prefer the way my drums sound coming out of the S3000xl.... akai's new samplers sound kind of cheesy and thin.

Xabition lets not forget ur keywords USED a MV never owned but used

i know u for years and i know u know ur stuff but u cant compare somthing u used to somthing u owned...

if i owned a 3000r and used a mv i would prefer what i own and know how to use imo

I just want something that doesn't have a lot of bugs and from my experience, the MPC's OS are horrible. JJ OS included

DiaboliC said:
Xabition lets not forget ur keywords USED a MV never owned but used

i know u for years and i know u know ur stuff but u cant compare somthing u used to somthing u owned...

if i owned a 3000r and used a mv i would prefer what i own and know how to use imo
if u really knew me u would know why i prefer the 3000 to a MV. Use and Own have nothing to do with my preference. If I can make a beat on it and have made beats on it then likely I have already formed an opinion on it. I don't have to wait until i buy something for that.

MSU ILLEST said:
I just want something that doesn't have a lot of bugs and from my experience, the MPC's OS are horrible. JJ OS included
that is what kind of turned me off on buying a mpc vs my cd3000. Once I got it home and heard the sound of it I was hooked. I don't need a ton of features. Just something that works well and is easy to use. My cd3000 is very very basic and I still only use the bare basics of it.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
if u really knew me u would know why i prefer the 3000 to a MV. Use and Own have nothing to do with my preference. If I can make a beat on it and have made beats on it then likely I have already formed an opinion on it. I don't have to wait until i buy something for that.

cmon fess up you couldnt freak it could you? lol its ok its not for everybody.........

paul_who said:
cmon fess up you couldnt freak it could you? lol its ok its not for everybody.........
It did take me a minute to figure out but so did my cd3000. I honestly just prefer my cd3000.

I'm an mpc user. I got a good tr-808 sound, so why buy it? I've got a Fantom X7. It don't have that MPC feel & sound.

DSC00338.jpg

JerkTheTerrible said:
I think if you dudes on here really want get the MV more noticed is post the youtube video of Rza talking about his and what it does. He explained it real good and simple for the knuckle heads but at the same time true producers that don't know much about it would be like yo that **** is pretty ill ....

RZA gets paid to say that and a free MV8800 to say good things about it. Don't get it twisted. I bet he still has at least 3 MPC's.

16Pads said:
Please explain sir.
I agree. I'm glad I got the last real mpc: the white 4000. It was manufactured before the takeover. I haven't had any complaints with mine. I won't touch the 500/1000/2500 series. And what's all this JJ OS stuff. I must be behind. I'm looking for a MPC 60 or S950. Roger Linn!!!!

DSC00338.jpg

lvngdead said:
Was it Akai or Numark that produced the MPC 2000xlMCD?
I believe all the blue MPC's came from Numark. The 500/1000/2500/2000xlMCD. I won't touch it.

moyphee said:
The original Akai made it but Roger Linn had nothing to do with it. They simply spun off his MPC-60 and MPC-3000 work.

Numark took over after the release of the 4000. They killed off the 4000 and replaced it with the 2500. They abandoned the Pro market and focused on the Prosumer and wannabe sector. They've been dumbing down the already cheapened 2500 ever since , hence the MPC-1000 and 500.
Preach! Preach!!

Wise man.

DiaboliC said:
lol imagine lol i chose my yamaha psr over a Motif any day lol jk
U can't be serious.

Last edited:
Quite a bit of poeple I know own one. It`s just a newer and more expensive product so some people are just sticking with the samplers they already have and are used to.

Dope Piece Of Equipment though!

RZA gets paid to say that and a free MV8800 to say good things about it. Don't get it twisted. I bet he still has at least 3 MPC's.

In the first video RZA tells us that he bought the MV retail and had problems with it because he was using the old software. He got the endorsement after he laid out his own cash. The Forat paint job cost more than the MV itself - so RZA is a bonafied user. ;)

The 8800 was freebie no doubt. He's also a big Kurz K2000/2500 user.

moyphee said:
In the first video RZA tells us that he bought the MV retail and had problems with it because he was using the old software. He got the endorsement after he laid out his own cash. The Forat paint job cost more than the MV itself - so RZA is a bonafied user. ;)

The 8800 was freebie no doubt. He's also a big Kurz K2000/2500 user.
Paint jobs are $700-800 depending on the size of equipment! Wood panels are xtra.

in the Wu tang 8 diagrams cd theres a dvd with a small studio clip and the MV8k is there front and center

Wow. This thread is still going on. How many beats have you guys made in past two days. If your answer is zero...Get the fuk off the net and bang out on what ever you use. Since everybody is so in love...lol...with their sound machines. Post your latest tracks. Fuk all this talking/typing. If you guys are down, holla back. Maybe we could really do what this board was intended for...Help each other out with production tips. I'm not posing a beat battle just beat dialog. I'm down on the real. Wzup with you?

MPC 2000XL MCD

made 2 songs and 3 beats during this whole debate =) and i dont put music online never have never will might as well make a thread saying please steal my music !!!

16Pads said:
Wow. This thread is still going on. How many beats have you guys made in past two days. If your answer is zero...Get the fuk off the net and bang out on what ever you use. Since everybody is so in love...lol...with their sound machines. Post your latest tracks. Fuk all this talking/typing. If you guys are down, holla back. Maybe we could really do what this board was intended for...Help each other out with production tips. I'm not posing a beat battle just beat dialog. I'm down on the real. Wzup with you?

MPC 2000XL MCD
"HATER" doesn't look good on you. There always has to be one!!!

Back