Mv 8800 Why Does No One Use These

mjames4208 said:
ivngdead.... share some of the kits... PLEASE
I got 7 more hours left at work. When I get home I'll upload em for you and let you know. BTW, would you have any MV drum kits you can share? I'm always looking for new kits, but it's all good if u don't.

Last edited:
I have lots of kits.... but i dont know how to upload... walk me thru the process and we can share

For me it was as simple as hooking up the MV via USB to my computer. Then the MV appears as a seperate harddrive and you can drag and drop files to and from the MV hard disc. You use a compressor wilke Winrar to compress all the kits you wanna share and then you go to an upload site like yousendit.com and just upload it. After uploading it'll give you a link to the file, and then just send me the link.

Last edited:
lvngdead said:
I got 7 more hours left at work. When I get home I'll upload em for you and let you know. BTW, would you have any MV drum kits you can share? I'm always looking for new kits, but it's all good if u don't.

I just checked my Private Messages, and it was moyphee who hooked me up. I'll still upload em for u when I get home.

yo pm me the link too man!!!!

MV TAKING OVER

i have never owned a mpc...the first piece hardware i owned was korg triton....and i jus got my mv8800.....i....am....in....trouble.....it's like tryin to ride a motercycle and never learned to ride a bike....and i havent spent much time with it lately....heeeeeeeeeelllllllpppppp!!!!

i have never owned a mpc...the first piece hardware i owned was korg triton....and i jus got my mv8800.....i....am....in....trouble.....it's like tryin to ride a motercycle and never learned to ride a bike....and i havent spent much time with it lately....heeeeeeeeeelllllllpppppp!!!!

what u need help with bro?relaxe the mv seems like its realy hard but once u get the hang of it u will realize theres no better

and dnt be a person who gave the mv a week and sold it then go around bashing it give it some time

paul_who said:
soooo your not gonna post any tracks myspace/soundclick........hmmmm king?
What's a good price for a used mv8000. I'm trying to see whats up with it. Can you import MC-909 patches? And, who got sounds? Paul_Who, holla back.

anywhere from 800 to 1400... depending on the seller...
personally, i'm selling mine for 925.00 fully loaded, including the vga monitor and the multi outs.... i've seen them sell for 1100 bare naked on ebay..
i'm going to use the MPC3000, z8, and s3000xl.... after 3.5 yrs with the MV i prefer the drum sounds on the s3000xl.

I use an MPC 3000 & 4000. I was interested when I saw the Jermaine Dupri MV8000 video, now, all the talk on this post. I'm going to get one to check it out.

Last edited:
mpc4000king said:
I use an MPC 3000 & 4000. I was interested when I saw the Jermaine Dupri MV8000 video, now, all the talk on this post. I'm going to get one to check it out.

If you got the dough to cop one, you need to let me know how it compares to the 4000. I've been regularly using the 8000 for the last 6 months and I love that ****, but in 6 months I'm making my last gear purchase and I can';t choose between sp1200 or mpc 4000.

DiaboliC said:
go for the 1200 the 4000 wont do u anything the MV wont go for the 1200 for the sound imo
the 1200 is a classic, but hard to find. most want at least 1500.00 hell, i wish i had one.

mpc4000king said:
Got my MV-8000 for $531.00 on eBay? I can't believe it. It's coming from TX.

Paul, I got one.

Man, why so much gear? Now the MV-8000. You could've donated that 531 to a charity or something. Not a smart move on your part. Paul was right. But hey, it's your money. Get another pillow ready...that's a inside joke. You know wzup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was curious,maaaaannnnnnn!!! Everybody is hyping up the MV-8000, so I figured I would test it out. If I don't like it, I'll sell it. I know, you sold yours. What didn't you like about it??? I can a least give it a chance for $531.00.

mpc4000king said:
I was curious,maaaaannnnnnn!!! Everybody is hyping up the MV-8000, so I figured I would test it out. If I don't like it, I'll sell it. I know, you sold yours. What didn't you like about it??? I can a least give it a chance for $531.00.

Curious...it's a drum machine not Super Head. You could've checked it out every day for a week at the GC. Check my past posted if you really want to know why I sold mine. Being redudant is a waste of time.

BTW...Nobody is hyping the MV-8000. I'm not dissing either. You've been misinformed.

Last edited by a moderator:
why do any of you care so much about how this man is spending his money? I hope you enjoy your new MV pimpin

Back