Mv 8800 Why Does No One Use These

16Pads said:
How sweet...MV users giving a helping hand...Diablic you are on one sir. You mad at me and everybody else who uses anything else. What's funny to me is that you've had tons of gear in the past and you still haven't gotten it right. Get the fuk out of here and take a bath. You foul homie.

lmao thats suppose to be ur way of talking trash lmao:bigeyes:

first of all i aint the dumb ass who sold a MV8000 for a Mpc 2000xl:hello:

ur defense is dre uses one and pete rock lmao those old farts havnt done **** in this game in a half decade:rolleyes:

the MV is the New school **** and ur defense on pads was retarded the pads are very solids and dont need replacing every year or so like those cheap akai pads...

how u gonna talk down on a ROLAND product and support an AKAI product that are all built so cheap

Burnt LCD Screens that get lines or dim or somtimes just black out ,,loose play record overdub buttuns..jog wheels that go out after intense use...small ass number keys and its running of SCSI unless u got the card reader installed....:confused:

Akai been ripping off poor Roger Linn sense the First 60....they been recreating his design and his OS for the past 15-20 years

when akai tried making there own version of the mpc(the 4000) it was a compleat flop...****ty OS.buggy unstable machine that they just ambandoned...i loved the 4k dnt get me wrong but u have to own one to know somthing wasnt right,,,,:p

so run along 16 pads and use ur mpc ..

i aint about bashing or talking down about gear esp the gear i owned in my life but somtimes u lil idiots need a reality check:hello:

oh but dr. dre uses one LMAO LMAO LMAO fuk dre dude dnt even make his own ****......and to u mpc users no disrespect but somtimes idiots need a lesson

Last edited:
A wiseman told me never argue with fools...bcuz ppl from a distant can tell who is who. Since you're into worrying about what other producers use and dissing LEGENDS in the game. Go ahead a diss. Get some pus_Y...You need some.

<p>The topic is done. you use a mpc and diabolic will use his mv. Both machines got cons and pros, but im selling my 2500 because I can't stand the buggy OS. Let me know if you wanna buy it, lol</p>

Last edited:
lvngdead said:
Was it Akai or Numark that produced the MPC 2000xlMCD?
The original Akai made it but Roger Linn had nothing to do with it. They simply spun off his MPC-60 and MPC-3000 work.

Numark took over after the release of the 4000. They killed off the 4000 and replaced it with the 2500. They abandoned the Pro market and focused on the Prosumer and wannabe sector. They've been dumbing down the already cheapened 2500 ever since , hence the MPC-1000 and 500.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly why I'm selling my 2500. its nothing like the originals, but people don't wanna hear that. MV 8800 here I come.

The O.S. as with most Roland stuff has such a deep learning curve that it can be very frustrating @first. It's a nice machine don't get me wrong but, you just can't press sample and build quick programs like you can with a MPC. And yes I own a MPC60,3000 and a MV8000.

DiaboliC said:
dre uses one and pete rock lmao those old farts havnt done **** in this game in a half decade:rolleyes:

But their old ****, the **** they did on the MPCs and Sp1200s, is 5 Billion times better than any **** I've heard from these newjack producers.

I honestly believe, as far as music making goes, there isn't a rhythm that you could make on the MV that couldn't also be made on the MPC2000xl/3000 and the 4000 especially.

The faders, effects, mixdown, quick edit, clipboard, cd-drive, ease of loading patches, computer connectivity, and seamless audio and midi track interaction makes the MV a more powerful than the regular MPCs, but I don't think it'd make the user better. I hope cats see what I'm trying to say.

Both the MV and most MPC models are beautiful machines.

kutkeyz said:
And yes I own a MPC60,3000 and a MV8000.

If I may ask, why no MPC 4000?

Last edited:
kutkeyz said:
The O.S. as with most Roland stuff has such a deep learning curve that it can be very frustrating @first. It's a nice machine don't get me wrong but, you just can't press sample and build quick programs like you can with a MPC. And yes I own a MPC60,3000 and a MV8000.
Capture > quick assign> play it! 10 second tops. if use the "make keyboard" functions add another 3 seconds. Chopping is easier and faster than on any MPC regardless of model in my experience.

The last MPC I owned was the 4000. Moving smoothly to th MV was as simple as using the Workshop Translator, watching some really good videos ,and refering to the manual and screen guide. My workflow was fluid in three days. IMO - The problems comes forth when users try to make the MV out to be another MPC.

Hey lvngdead,
I had a good buddy that has a MPC 4000. I was starting to get Baaaaaad gearlust. If I can't get done what I need to get done with what I have I need to go back to Burger King.
No offense Burger King People!!!

Well Moyphee,
Your much smarter than I am and most of my people that I work with. It took us a while to get that thing rockin'. I'm glad you got it going that quick and keep it up!!

Last edited:
If you had the Workshop Manuals at hand you would have flown right through it. They're Fisher Price simple and get to to the point without any filler. They're on the Support page of the 8800 Roland site.

If more guys knew about them there would be no talk of learning curve. IMO- they should be included on a CD right in the box when you buy it.

Back