Musician's Who Never Sample RECORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
samplin vs. composin arguments are sooo old honestly..

do what you do, however u do it.... get ur stacks on deck.. nd keep it movin

composers often get dis notion like "oh im not samplin so im more creative.." nigga if u comin up wit a one finger melody and the **** sounds like somethin my baby kuzzin can make on his playskool 4 key piano.. den u aint really all dat creative.. u just makin some wack **** dats urs..

i'd rather sample and chop up some real hot ****.. then come up wit some wack ass simple **** just to say im composin..

nd this is from a person who's classically trained..composin is just ight, samplin is more fun to me..

^^^I notice everyone up here with classical training uses samples. I think we hear the realistic stuff in music that simply can't be recreated on a keyboard.

Not because we're classically trained, but because our ears learn to pick up everything, so we hear the difference that little samples made in songs like Bun B's "Draped up" or Lil' Scrappy's "Money in the Bank", and let's not get into the 80s and 90s hip hop.

It's just funny that people want to create a music they don't understand. I don't hop up to go make techno and say that sh*t should be slower, I don't hop up to do opera and say they should speak english, what gives you the right to say a genre that's been sample based since the beginning should no longer be? And people who use samples aren't talented?

Check my soundclick, I got non-sampled beats Gonzoe's "Move Dat Sh*t"(except the martin lawrence sample in the beginning), "Street Ensemble", "Grunge", i've heard alot of you self proclaimed "composers" sh*t, how does it feel to know a sampler got more talent than you when he starts banging on keys?

Last edited:
^^^ yea i feel u.. that draped up bassline has been sampled so many times in songs (especially scott storch tracks)..nd nobody picks it up because it just aint "filtered out"

Move Dat Sh*t is krazyyyyy

as20gp said:
Move Dat Sh*t is krazyyyyy
Actually, that was a sample. It was done using East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold which is a Kontakt-based instrument. So although I played it for the most part, alot of the sound of it is due to the rich strings and asdhr value adjustments.

But then again, the same can be said about anything made on a keyboard workstation.

tru, i feel u, i need to step my software game up..

i honestly dont kno **** about software.. nd i need to learn..

knowledge is power u kno?

phantom1 said:
just do you it doesn't matter if you don't like sampling dost mean its wrong because you don't like it and sampler will still get signed and sell beats as much as composers will so it doesn't matter just because a few people dont like sampling doesn't mean its bad they probably tried it failed so decided it was a bad way to make beats.
geee's people love to argue on the net.
You people are so nieve.
Its not about making music to get signed it's about making music for the love.
Thats why hip hop is so watered down now.
peeps want to do whatever gets them signed. Instead of doing something real.
In the words of Baatin from slum village:
"niggas is madd cuz they **** ain't GENUINE"

^^ well u gotta realize.. some niggas got kids to feed..

nd producin is there main source of income.. so u really are tryin to get ur name out dere

producin can become an expensive hobby, so if a dude is tryna make it his career, i think homeboy is tryna get paid

wan-tan-soup14 said:
Here's what I don't get....in this day and age, we have SO much access to so many different programs, if you know what i mean.

There are programs now that have realistic sounds for people to compose with, like Edirol orchestra. these sounds are legit, they sound real and ppl would think you had sampled something....

so WHY hasn't this craze caught on? ****in diggin and diggin man...Compose a piece of whatever the fvck and CHOP it UP.

This is good because one: it shows that you have creativity, and you don't rely on other people's work to benefit your music.....and 2:....you don't have to pay anyone sh!t for sampling them, cause you're sampling yourself!!

Thats the realest **** ever. If you hear a dope sample why can't u just use edirol and replay it like we do. Those instruments are 100% genuine.
The reason why is cuz you can't. And you get upset when people tell you something u don't want to hear. You wouldn't get mad if it wasn't true tho. Niggas got no skills.
Talking bout the sound can't be recreated. Thats nonsense.
Just because YOU can't recreate it, doesn't mean it can't be done.
Niggas is lazy and want to get props for some on elses hard work.
Flippin samples is just playin em from different cue points at different pitches and speeds. Its nothing groundbreaking at all. Been There Did That. Make your own Lops and sample yourself.
Biting the hand that feeds you. You would have no beats at all if we didn't make original beats for you to sample.
WE ARE YOUR GODS!!!!!!!!!

as20gp said:
^^ well u gotta realize.. some niggas got kids to feed..

nd producin is there main source of income.. so u really are tryin to get ur name out dere

producin can become an expensive hobby, so if a dude is tryna make it his career, i think homeboy is tryna get paid
Hip Hop was not meant for profit.
You want money get another job. Apply for foodstamps.
Thats what I did . (2 kids 2 boys) And we eat properly.
Hip hop is a culture. You don't exploit Black Culture for PROFIT!!!

Last edited:
i love how people say hip hop culture is black culture..

can u explain dat to me? because i thought hip hop was a part of black culture.. like other things..

nd sometimes recreatin a sample urself doesnt do the original sample justice..

its all about personal preference

pantyboy said:
Thats the realest **** ever. If you hear a dope sample why can't u just use edirol and replay it like we do. Those instruments are 100% genuine.
The reason why is cuz you can't. And you get upset when people tell you something u don't want to hear. You wouldn't get mad if it wasn't true tho. Niggas got no skills.
Talking bout the sound can't be recreated. Thats nonsense.
Just because YOU can't recreate it, doesn't mean it can't be done.
Niggas is lazy and want to get props for some on elses hard work.
Flippin samples is just playin em from different cue points at different pitches and speeds. Its nothing groundbreaking at all. Been There Did That. Make your own Lops and sample yourself.
Biting the hand that feeds you. You would have no beats at all if we didn't make original beats for you to sample.
WE ARE YOUR GODS!!!!!!!!!

Hip Hop was not meant for profit.
You want money get another job. Apply for foodstamps.
Thats what I did . (2 kids 2 boys) And we eat properly.
Hip hop is a culture. You don't exploit Black Culture for PROFIT!!!
Said like a dude on foodstamps, smh.

I'm going to the Hummer lot this weekend, I ate gov't cheese as a kid, too grown for that sh*t now, and I felt I deserved more, know my kids do. I'mma be a man and provide for mine. F**k letting the same gov't that tries to "hold us down" regulate when and what I eat. Get ya mind right.

Let's keep score, I make beats from scratch(like you), also sample, also engineer, also get paid. That means I do everything you do and alot more. SMH.

Last edited:
pantyboy said:
You people are so nieve.
Its not about making music to get signed it's about making music for the love.
Thats why hip hop is so watered down now.
peeps want to do whatever gets them signed. Instead of doing something real.
In the words of Baatin from slum village:
"niggas is madd cuz they **** ain't GENUINE"

To add to that in the words of Everlast

I don't do it for the wealth, I don't do it for the fame
I do it for the health and I do it for the spirit
Don't speak the lyric if you can't hear it If it ain't from the heart than it can't be art

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
^^^Said like a dude on foodstamps, smh.

I'm going to the Hummer lot this weekend, I ate gov't cheese as a kid, too grown for that sh*t now, and I felt I deserved more, know my kids do. I'mma be a man and provide for mine. F**k letting the same gov't that tries to "hold us down" regulate when and what I eat. Get ya mind right.
so i will just let my kids starve becuase i'm too proud to recieve financial assisitance.
So I guess 70% of america who get government financial aid are losers too. get your mind right monkey boy.
If anybody wants to give me any kind of monetary help i will gladly accept it.
Pride is of the devil. Step your Bible game up Lucifer.
You ain't rich.

its like dudes dont wanna see a nigga get paid.. like he's sellin his soul just cause hes makin money.. really u kno how much equipment costs.. everypiece of equipment, software, or wateva u use is an investment.. if u gonna keep all ur music to urself for art, and live off foodstamps, more power to u, but im tryna get paid.. im tryna get dis money while i now, so when im 50 sumthin i dont gotta work hard and say "i wish i would have.."

Last edited:
Pure Hype Production said:
To add to that in the words of Everlast

I don't do it for the wealth, I don't do it for the fame
I do it for the health and I do it for the spirit
Don't speak the lyric if you can't hear it If it ain't from the heart than it can't be art

Thats what its all about. Blowin up is just a perk that may come in the process. That shouldn't be your goal.
The industry makes madd $$$$$ off peeps tryin to get signed.
Its all a lie and you will be disappointed in the end. If you ain't in it for the love then you don't need to be in it at all. Milkin our culture for money like some 2$ street whore:mad:

pantyboy said:
so i will just let my kids starve becuase i'm too proud to recieve financial assisitance.
So I guess 70% of america who get government financial aid are losers too. get your mind right monkey boy.
If anybody wants to give me any kind of monetary help i will gladly accept it.
Pride is of the devil. Step your Bible game up Lucifer.
You ain't rich.
I ain't rich, don't remember saying I was. I drive a 2004 Hyundai Sonata, got another kid on the way, want some new sh*t. Out Cali gas is high, so you can cop a H2 for around 50k, that's a car payment, that don't make me rich. I ain't poor neither. And ain't nothing wrong with getting financial aid, my mama got it. I got fam getting it now. It is something wrong with someone regulating what should and shouldn't be don't for a profit when they counting on gov't support to feed their fam.

I feed my kids, get your bible game up. Calling me "Lucifer" is a tresspass on a neighbor, that'll get you a spot in hell right next to hitler, you better repent immediately. You're not walking in god's path when you use hurtful words towards others you f**king clown, lol. Problem is one of us knows he ain't righteous, the other thinks he has the right to tell me about my bible game. Go read Ephesians 8 and have a blessed f**king day.

Waiting for you to call me on that.

Last edited:
as20gp said:
its like dudes dont wanna see a nigga get paid.. like he's sellin his soul just cause hes makin money.. really u kno how much equipment costs.. everypiece of equipment, software, or wateva u use is an investment.. if u gonna keep all ur music to urself for art, and live off foodstamps, more power to u, but im tryna get paid.. im tryna get dis money while i now, so when im 50 sumthin i dont gotta work hard and say "i wish i would have.."
Retirement stop lying you ain't gettin no pension for beats.
I don't live off foodstamps but i am fo sho not ashamed to get them.
I got $$$$ I got 2 Kids We get WIC FS and all that **** nigga And I still got cake. Why spend all my money on food when i QUALIFY for 465$ a month free foodstamps that makes my food tax-free. I would be taking money out my kids pocket by doing otherwise.
You'll learn when you 35 still try'n to blow up off beats and live off that ish. It can happen But what are the odds really. Why you on FP if you so major anyway. Ain't nothing wrong with makin money but the church is not for profit hip hop is not for profit your fam is no for profit.
Find an honest way to make profit.

yeaa i kno dere are negatives about da nba..

but im talkin bout from a child's point of view, or a teenager usin the NBA just for money and not the love of basketball..

every person in the NBA loves basketball.. or else they wouldnt do it all day, almost every day..

but there are a lot of players who used basketball to escape from their broken down neighborhoods and homes and we're lookin to make it big and make MONEY, so that they wouldnt have their kids or themselves living in those situations..

same thing applies to music.. does it create money hungry people yes.. but its the truth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back