Musician's Who Never Sample RECORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

junebugz

How many of you are TALENTED MUSICIANS who license ORIGINAL beats without EVER sampling records?

How does it feel when people think you sampled a record because your ORIGINAL music sounds so good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could play piano badddly... i love sampling but every now and then I would love to bang out an original

I've sampled only a few things since I've started producing, but I think my best work is my original work. If I could play piano better, and if I could have the exact sounds I wanted at any given time I probably would never sample. Seeing how that will probably never happen I will sample every now and then, but I always strive to keep my tracks as original as I can.

junebugz said:
How many of you are TALENTED MUSICIANS who license ORIGINAL beats without EVER sampling records?

How does it feel when people think you sampled a record because your ORIGINAL music sounds so good?

so if you sample your NOT TALENTED?

I'm not talented or anything but I haven't sampled yet. And I hope to stay that way. I want to be proud of my work. If someone ****s on it, oh wells, I can always try harder.

junebugz said:

what is this supposed to mean? are you talking\asking about how beatmakers in FP have a code of ethics on wether to sell sampled beats or not?

i'm a musician and play 4 instruments. but i love sampling and in my opinion is the charactaristic hip hop sound, the sound of crispy drums and old vinyl samples. thats hip hop, not the plastic or techno bull****!! and if u are a good sample beatmaker, your awesome talented like kev brown, pete rock an rza!

i can play guitar and piano but i dont i sample im a hip hop head the rappers i like and the music i make music for isnt on no orchestra shi. there is nothing wrong with sampling or playing i just see it as for different genres cos sampling is hiphop poor kids in the bronx making **** with there parents turntables and record and producing some thing positive instead of selling drugs back in the 70's thats ill thats my insiration making some thing of nothing becuase you love the music not making my parents get a morgage on there house to by me a grand piano and studio set up to record a beat.
it really anoys me where im not good becuase i dont play a instrument in my work. Putting a sample on beat choping it, diggin getting a rare vinyl hoping ur listin to some thing these other producers anit thats what i like doing so i do it and would like to be respected as a beat maker!!! you wouldnt know bout any of that seen as "without EVER sampling records?"
and if you using software and midi keyboard your piano and string patches are samples !!! from the orignal lots of composers dont relize sample producers will chop like one note of rhodes or some thing and make there own patch and re make the sample or some thing new.

Last edited:
When i was younger, i used to sample. But now i play, reason: I listen to the classic songs...Barry White, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Curtis Mayfield, etc. and i wanted to know what instruments were in the song,the structure, and the style. Listen to what makes it what it is, and study. I now make tracks that are hard to tell if i sampled them or not. I've fooled many,and when i tell them i played it ,they dont beleive it! thats how i did it. Study your favorite classic song and learn how it was recorded and arranged and played. Sampling is ok, but dont you want your own? How bout someone sampling your track later and paying you for the permission.

Well I mostly produce original beats...I sample once in awhile and I challenge myself cuz sampling is basically like solving a puzzle...but with a beat I made with mostly pianos...everybody that hears it thinks it's a sample when it isn't...matter fact...it's tha one on my page called Vice Versa...

I proud when people think it's a sample cuz I knew it sounds really good...

www.myspace.com/theoneandonlytriplei

I just wanted to see how many of your are TALENTED MUSICIANS. That has nothing to do with "Bashing" Sample Based Producers....

Both are TALENTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, i dont really see that there is a right and wrong aproach to creating a piece of music... as long as the samples/instruments/etc still well and sound well.... I'm going to have to say....... HAPPY DAYS allround

Well Ive just started doing a bit of sampling myself and have made some tracks that absolutely bang, but I personally feel more satisfied when I make a beat on my midi keyboard from scratch. I dont know why its just me but I feel more fulfilled when i do that. I dont like using synths so I try to keep my music as free of synths as possible I dont like the artificial sound it brings (and the fact that theres only about 5 people on this earth who can use synths in their music without it sounding corny as hell!). I love hearing a solo string piece or piano melody Ive made come thru the headphones and adding little bits on top of things on my own accord. BTW Ive never been taught piano or anything only know very basic theory but all my compositions are played by ear and just knowing what knows go together. But thats just me and my 2 cents hehe.

Thanks,
TC

Last edited:
Yeah.. but using a synth is not strictly sampling...... dude... infact a synth is an instrument, just as a guitar is mate.......

When you use any kind of audio file technically you are sampling.

That kick you use from that sample CD, yeah that's sampling.

well (an eyebrow goes north) i would like your thoughts on the analogue synth to be explained then........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back