Musician's Who Never Sample RECORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
pantyboy said:
The samplers are looking very suspect.
I sample 10% of the time just for the art of the fundamentals of hip hop, but if you can't make a beat with original sounds and have it as full and as rich as your sampled beats then thats TALENT-LESS.
Anybody can tap out some drums to a Looped sample.
But it takes way more skills to create a full musical spectrum form nothing. Samplers already have a pre-mastered pallete to add sounds to.
And this is no disrespect to those that chop samples into milliseconds and load it into the piano roll and play it as an instrument. But Honestly
Most of these internet samplers asre STRAIGHT LOOPING & ADDING DRUMS. Look at how all the samplers have caught feelings. Struck a nerve did we.
If you can't make a beat from nothing and you need a sample to set the platform for you then you'll never be considered a musican.
Beat maker yes. Musician NO. Thats why you get upset and defensive because you know its true.
LOL at all the samplers
What would you do if Mos Def heard your myspace page and put you in a room full of vintage pianos a drumset a pc with no record samples in it
and said let me hear some of your origininal ish?
You'd be fukked. Just like you are now.
Bottm line
YOU ARE NOT A MUSICIAN IF YOU CAN'T PLAY A REAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT.
even if put in a situation of this nature plenty of hits have been made with 3 keys a808 and a snare. i can compose ive been even getting piano lessons but i sample more simply because i feel its more hip hop

if thats da way u feel man i personally love to sample and use orignal ideas but something bout bringing an old record back to life like payin tribute to da ol skool nuthin like it. if u wanna be a musicain go ahead am not stopin ya

Last edited:
ebecool said:
even if put in a situation of this nature plenty of hits have been made with 3 keys a808 and a snare. i can compose ive been even getting piano lessons but i sample more simply because i feel its more hip hop
But some cats Literally can't make a beat without a sample to guide them.
They use it like a metronome.
Thats the point. I had this one cat who wouldn't evn touch the board.
He Literally did't know what to do.
(He thought all my ish was sampled and wanted to dig me setup)

Cosa Nostra said:
if thats da way u feel man i personally love to sample and use orignal ideas but something bout bringing an old record back to life like payin tribute to da ol skool nuthin like it. if u wanna be a musicain go ahead am not stopin ya
Props to you for bein true to your craft.
All I was saying some samplers try to hate on people that make the original music that they get they samples from.
If we don't make original beats You would have no one to sample. You would have no craft.But we would still be rockin it.
get it

Last edited:
pantyboy is sooooooooo gay wat kind of name is panty boy ****in fagot lmao

pantyboy said:
The samplers are looking very suspect.
I sample 10% of the time just for the art of the fundamentals of hip hop, but if you can't make a beat with original sounds and have it as full and as rich as your sampled beats then thats TALENT-LESS.
Anybody can tap out some drums to a Looped sample.
But it takes way more skills to create a full musical spectrum form nothing. Samplers already have a pre-mastered pallete to add sounds to.
And this is no disrespect to those that chop samples into milliseconds and load it into the piano roll and play it as an instrument. But Honestly
Most of these internet samplers asre STRAIGHT LOOPING & ADDING DRUMS. Look at how all the samplers have caught feelings. Struck a nerve did we.
If you can't make a beat from nothing and you need a sample to set the platform for you then you'll never be considered a musican.
Beat maker yes. Musician NO. Thats why you get upset and defensive because you know its true.
LOL at all the samplers
What would you do if Mos Def heard your myspace page and put you in a room full of vintage pianos a drumset a pc with no record samples in it
and said let me hear some of your origininal ish?
You'd be fukked. Just like you are now.
Bottm line
YOU ARE NOT A MUSICIAN IF YOU CAN'T PLAY A REAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT.

My intention is not to be disrespectful but you don't understand hiphop.
It doesn't matter which approach you choose.I have a soft spot for sampled beats but I love dope synth beats.Yeah it's true that some young producers/beatmakers will loop a sample and add drums underneath but sometimes that simple beat can be hotter than a complex track built from scratch with no instruments that doesn't leave the mc any room to work his magic because the beat is nowhere near important as the vocal.
Say Mos Def wants a beat from(not...lol) and he loved my simple loops,I will hire musicians who can re-play my sampled beats and spend an eternity trying to loosely match the mood the samples created.
You should read the Jr Rotem in Scratch mag and he said that he didn't want anything to do with sampling and with a strong musician beackground,he couldn't do a "real hiphop" track to save his life so he approached Hi-Tek and then his beats caught on with the industry!!
If you want to do sample-free hiphop,that's fine and it could be mad dope but please don't criticize sampling because you obviously don't understand this artform.

N.Y. Ence said:
pantyboy is sooooooooo gay wat kind of name is panty boy ****in fagot lmao
The ladies find it quite appealing and very sex-Ay!;)

Pimpmatik said:
My intention is not to be disrespectful but you don't understand hiphop.
No you didn't unerstand the thread or the website.
This Is Not A Hip hop website it is a production website
This thread is about Musicians (not just hip hop music) who don't sample
So you need to be more precise in your interpretaion of texts buddy.

Pimpmatik said:
You should read the Jr Rotem in Scratch mag and he said

Please please stop this trend.
F what he said. Just cuz he said it don't make it law.
F him
Get your own mind be your ound rule maker.

I can say this because all my beats sound sampled.
all My beats are 100% analog.
the reason you like the samples is cuz of the sound quality.
Bottom line
If you want that sound use what they used and record the way they recorded it and stop trying to get the highest quality pre amp or the highest quality mic etc etc use the low grade outdated way that they used a lot of those songs were recorded in a closed room thru 1 dynamic microphone.....real talk.

Last edited:
So basically you don't respect what an established producer has to say??
Well,I'm reading or listening and absorb the useful and reject the rest.
Why should we listen to you if you display that type of elitist attitude?
I don't only like the sounds of the samples but it's amazing how a piece of music can be given new life especially with dope lyrics...
Look at Madlib "the loop digga",sampling brought him to composing his music from scratch(YNQ) and he goes back to sampling and basic looping.
Man,just don't limit yourself and your music will never suffer,just keep an open mind:)

a pox on whoever brought this thread back to life.

who the eff cares what anybody else says. do you.

damn, if either side's gonna talk **** at least provide a link to your beautifully crafted music. sampled or 'original'

Unless you get an acoustic guitar or piano in a booth and record everything live ur SAMPLING!.

Im suprised people dont bash a composer in an orchestra cause hes not playing every instrument. (But dudes have no problem bashing dre cause he uses live musicians.)

Last edited:
rutiger45 said:
Unless you get an acoustic guitar or piano in a booth and record everything live ur SAMPLING!.

Im suprised people dont bash a composer in an orchestra cause hes not playing every instrument. (But dudes have no problem bashing dre cause he uses live musicians.)
Answer YES.
Either you did or you did not pluck the note.
You are only triggering the samples on any keyboard.
And The Orchestra composer is not criticized because he is the composer of the composition. he directs the MUSICIANS who ACTUALLY
plays the REAL INSTRUMENTS. get it.
samplers can be composers to the just compose samples and do not play actual instruments so they are not musicians only beatmakers.
And people bash dre because there is no proof that dre ever made any beat by himself. And 2pac and Daz claim mel man daz and battlecat & Easy mo bee was making all those beats on deathrow.
but just like diddy he takes full production credits. and almost all dre's music is replayed samples of old p-funk music.

Last edited:
who the eff cares what anybody else says. do you.

Exactly. I played drums in a rock band for years and guitar as well. I started out composing all my beats. I now have gotten into sampling because I like taking a certain song, sound, phrase, etc., letting it hit me a certain way and then conveying that out into a new emotion or song.

I dont always sample, or always compose, and if you do I couldn't care less. Do whatever works for you. At the end of the day who cares what anyone else thinks? It just amazes the people that automatically rule out sampling or never compose their own stuff. You're only limiting yourself.

I don't really have anything against sampling, however, I don't do it myself. I'm a trained musician, so I feel like I'm cheating by using other people's melodies/skills, when I could do it myself. I've got nothign against other people sampling, and ultimately, whatever sounds hot is what's right. I've had a couple of things I've done be mistaken for samples, however, I use a lot of synths, so I don't really get that too often.

so your saying kayne is bad, and not talented cause he samples, hes one of the best in the game. sounds like your just hating bro.

just do you it doesn't matter if you don't like sampling dost mean its wrong because you don't like it and sampler will still get signed and sell beats as much as composers will so it doesn't matter just because a few people dont like sampling doesn't mean its bad they probably tried it failed so decided it was a bad way to make beats.
geee's people love to argue on the net.

Here's what I don't get....in this day and age, we have SO much access to so many different programs, if you know what i mean.

There are programs now that have realistic sounds for people to compose with, like Edirol orchestra. these sounds are legit, they sound real and ppl would think you had sampled something....

so WHY hasn't this craze caught on? ****in diggin and diggin man...Compose a piece of whatever the fvck and CHOP it UP.

This is good because one: it shows that you have creativity, and you don't rely on other people's work to benefit your music.....and 2:....you don't have to pay anyone sh!t for sampling them, cause you're sampling yourself!!

not every one uses software for one theres alot of people that think its **** me for instance. People like diggin two i always diggin cos i like finding the old records and w.e instead of just sat on my computer all day clicking away downloading stuff. its more fun to chop up a sample i can play piano and guitar so making up some composed ish isnt any thing difficult but its much more fun chopping up a sample and when i am done i am more proud of my work cos im like wow i made this out this and they sound totally different. its like saying there are so many vst's why do people spend 1000$ on a sp 1200

IMO anyone who makes good music is talented. It makes no diff if you sample or bang out your own ^%#%. But, keep in mind when you say sample does it mean that you take a sample and loop it, and a drum track and call it hot. Well, honestly, that doesn't take much skill. But, if you take a sample chop it and reconstruct it and make it your own then you being creative and that warrants a lot more respect. There is an art to sampling and it is a respected way of creating hot music you just have to "FLIP" the sample to create a different song. LOL to all producers whether you sample or not. All that matters is if it hot.

very clear and simple ok?.. and if you dont like it.. ask me if I care one shsit..

To sample some ones song is to, step in top of the shoulders of the person that made that track for profit, for lack of musical ability, for a no use of imagination and a few more things.. .. - now, don't confuse "sample libraries" with "sampling songs".. every producer uses "sample libraries" wich "help" "help" ( notice ) "HELP" on a composition that the producer is making.. this samples don't make the track for you, this tracks help you to make a track. .. and "sampling songs" is just taking some one elses shist just cuse you are lazy to learn how to play an instrument. Oh, and by the way, Kanye West is just one of those idiots that has never played or composed a single fuking song.. is all about using peoples shist.. now you know what sampling is.

If you create hip-hop and hate sampling your pretty much the most retarded a**hole in existence. Hip-hop wouldn’t even be here for you to create if it wasn’t for sampling. Call me a Beatmaker, Producer, Composer, Musician I don’t give a F**K. I make hip-hop and I use an instrument called a sampler.

If you don’t use a sampler good for you but don’t start a thread hating on those that do. Sampling is now and always will be a part of Hip Hop music. If it bothers you that much and your so talented go make some other genre of music and leave Hip Hop to the real Hip Hop heads.

This is the argument that has been around since the beginning of Hip Hop only it was always the non hip hop heads that would argue how sampling is wrong. It boggles my mind that there is actually peeps that make hip hop and are hating on sampling.

Let me quess all of you sampling haters make dirty south beats? or crunk? That would make me feel much better cuase thats dance music anyway its not real hip hop.

Last edited:
Too many storch's and Rotem's, ain't it ironic that when keyboard production caught on all the sudden people started talking about the state of hip hop? You think the beats have nothing to do with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back