Musician's Who Never Sample RECORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
being able to produce original material isnt that difficult.u dont need to know how to play the piano, just know how to select a key an the work out the notes.i cant play piano fluidly but i can write music well in a score, an produce tracks with fluid chords an melodies.
dont take this the wrong way, im not claiming to be the best,im just saying wiv a bit of research on the net,u cud make original beats without being to play piano fluidly.
unless of course you want to perform ur beats live,thats a different matter of course:-)

Finding & Flippin samples arent as easy as it seems. that shyt takes time and a good ear to come up with some good shyt and even for some it takes nothing. you cant bash people who sample, its just another form of music.

Last edited by a moderator:
junebugz said:
I just wanted to see how many of your are TALENTED MUSICIANS. That has nothing to do with "Bashing" Sample Based Producers....

Both are TALENTS.

SO SAMPLING IS NOT A TALENT?

YOU MUST NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT SO YOU BASH IT. TAKING SAMPLERS OUT OF HIP HOP MUSIC IS LIKE TAKING ELECTRIC GUITARS OUT OF ROCK MUSIC. IT COMES FROM THE FOUNDATION OF HIP HOP AND SHOULD REMAIN THE LEAD INSTRUMENT.

PLUS IF YOU USE SOFT SYNTHS YOU SAMPLE STUPID ASS

WHY IS IT THAT SO CALLED PRODUCERS WHO DONT SAMPLE NEED TO HEAR THAT OTHERS DO THE SAME? YOU MUST NOT FEEL TO CONFIDENT ABOUT YOUR TRACKS.

Last edited:
I always wonder why do people come to hip hop boards and then talk about sampling like its so bad then use the words like "talented" and "musicians" to get people to take the bait. People on the board stop falling for it. Let him find out on his own about sampling.

Ok, I didn't feel like reading all 7 pages, cause I got beats to make (on my Fantom KEYBOARD [I can capitalize too, junebugz]), so if anyone basically said what I did, whatever. I play most of my stuff out nowadays, but all the hip-hop I do is in some way based on a sample. It's not because I'm not creative enough to make my own tracks (I started out composing my own stuff), but its just how I feel hip-hop's gotta be done. If you don't like sampling you can get the **** out! You're not gonna recruit people from the "darkside", people are just gonna think you're an *******. So if you got a problem with it, don't do it. But if you're gonna *****, then I want you to throw out all your albums that contain samples or interpolations and see how small your music collection becomes. The only creativity problems I have with hip-hop is repetetiveness and when people use overdone sounds (I swear to god if I hear that Triton Piano one more time...)

its funny when people try to swear up and down somthin is a sample and u have to argue wit them that it isnt, then in the end you have to end up openin up fl studio and showin them the whole track lol. You kno you got somthin when a sampler thinks that u sampled the track u made lol

junebugz said:
How many of you are TALENTED MUSICIANS who license ORIGINAL beats without EVER sampling records?

How does it feel when people think you sampled a record because your ORIGINAL music sounds so good?
People always confuse my Sampled beats with my all original stuff. Always confuse my Reason/FL beats with my MPC/Triton Rack beats, you don't have to only make original stuff to be a savage at making original stuff. A good producer's gonna get his hands into everything. Even people like Polow, Storch, Rotem, and Tim & Bob sample from time to time.

It's sad you guys box yourselve's in.

using samples here and there to make abstract sounds yes

using a typical sample in everyone of your beats is lame

"How many of you are TALENTED MUSICIANS who license ORIGINAL beats without EVER sampling records?"

Sounds like he saying I ain't talented since I occasionally do sample. That ain't "hating" that's jumping to a conclusion and prejudging tho. It takes alot more talent to know you need to add that sound effect(gunshot, dog bark, ect.), or guitar lick, or even a record noise or scratch to fill in your music.

But how bout' I flip it? How many of you are TALENTED MUSICIANS who have seen a 15k check from one of your compositions?

*Raises Hand*

sidenote, why do none of you with all this "confidence" in you non-sampled tracks have links to any music?

Last edited:
It depends what style you do, what saound you want....

I never sampled, never will, I like original sounds, and don't like that oldie sounding LoFi Live sound....

this is touchy how evr i beleive samplers and composers r equally as talented in their own way for example for a producer to take a track that is very popular and renown and chop it up and freak that sh!t to the point no one knows where he sampled it from that is serious but then on the other hand composers like pharrel and the the neptunes are more lickely to come up with something that is almost inovative if good enuff

The samplers are looking very suspect.
I sample 10% of the time just for the art of the fundamentals of hip hop, but if you can't make a beat with original sounds and have it as full and as rich as your sampled beats then thats TALENT-LESS.
Anybody can tap out some drums to a Looped sample.
But it takes way more skills to create a full musical spectrum form nothing. Samplers already have a pre-mastered pallete to add sounds to.
And this is no disrespect to those that chop samples into milliseconds and load it into the piano roll and play it as an instrument. But Honestly
Most of these internet samplers asre STRAIGHT LOOPING & ADDING DRUMS. Look at how all the samplers have caught feelings. Struck a nerve did we.
If you can't make a beat from nothing and you need a sample to set the platform for you then you'll never be considered a musican.
Beat maker yes. Musician NO. Thats why you get upset and defensive because you know its true.
LOL at all the samplers
What would you do if Mos Def heard your myspace page and put you in a room full of vintage pianos a drumset a pc with no record samples in it
and said let me hear some of your origininal ish?
You'd be fukked. Just like you are now.
Bottm line
YOU ARE NOT A MUSICIAN IF YOU CAN'T PLAY A REAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT.

Last edited:
look at this nigga panty son first of all mos def wouldnt put us in a rooms full of pianos u idiot because not everyone can play pianos u dumb****. Sampling is a part of this culture and it wont go no where thats how DJ premier did his **** RZA pete rock marley marl we aint catching feelin u dumbass so no matter how much u hate da nigga that loops and puts DRUMS on as long as it sounds hot da artist will hav no problem buyin it it

Cosa Nostra said:
look at this nigga panty son first of all mos def wouldnt put us in a rooms full of pianos u idiot because not everyone can play pianos u dumb****. Sampling is a part of this culture and it wont go no where thats how DJ premier did his **** RZA pete rock marley marl we aint catching feelin u dumbass so no matter how much u hate da nigga that loops and puts DRUMS on as long as it sounds hot da artist will hav no problem buyin it it
You are obviously a loop based beatmaker
go to future loopers dot com

If u aren't hating or catching feelings why you cussin me.
besides this is not a hip hop web site its a production website
If you can only use hip hop to defend sampling then you are close minded and one sided.
What about people that don't want to hear rap music what you gonna do if some one offered you 5 g's for something original.
Like I said I sample to but all my beats I make out my head. I'm A Musician. You are a beatmaker but who said beatmakers are less than
musicians? You are feeling guilty subconciously cuz you know whats really up. Nigga Do YOU BE YOU. Don't get mad causse i can play the keys and you can't? go learn

Last edited:
son nobody catchin feelings man i respct ur opninon if thats da way u feel bout sampling i have no problem wit. free country feel how u feel.

plus u dont know me or my sound so u cant say **** if i loop or i dont

Cosa Nostra said:
look at this nigga panty son first of all mos def wouldnt put us in a rooms full of pianos u idiot because not everyone can play pianos u dumb****. Sampling is a part of this culture and it wont go no where thats how DJ premier did his ****
So. Preemo is my fav producer but F him.
This nigga Ain't the hip hop GOD.
Just cuz he or she said it or did it doesn't make it law.
Get off otha nicaz Dix. And Grow some balls
Typical samplers mentality always repeating music or words that have already been done:rolleyes:

nobody on preemo balls lmao man all i was sayin is preemo samples too iight he probably 3 of da greatest producers ever wat he did in hip hop thats all i was sayin nigga calm down man lol its all good ova here

Last edited:
Cosa Nostra said:
son nobody catchin feelings man i respct ur opninon if thats da way u feel bout sampling i have no problem wit. free country feel how u feel.

plus u dont know me or my sound so u cant say **** if i loop or i dont
well let me ask you this if you like sampling so much.
If we keep sampling and not making original beats.
who will our Kids have left to sample?

Bottom line
SAMPLERS SAMPLE ORIGINAL MUSIC BECAUSE THEY DON"T HAVE THE SKILLS TO PLAY IT THEMSELVES
The person you are sampling didn't have to sample to get that sound you are sampling from them so why do you?
F-Preemo F-madlib F-9th wonder
But props to all those real musicans whose music they loop and mix together with drums.
Honestly all the good samples in hip hop have been used already
no matter how you flip it or cut it
NIGGAS keep Up with this trend
Y'all gond find yall a$$es sample-less
then what you gon do.....compose lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back