What Are You Guys Producing With As of Now

I still use Reason 4 and Cubase studio 5 ( plus some "go to' drum samples/fx and vsts)
I tried Reason 5....stuck with 4. When I get tired of Reason, I use Cubase and vise versa. Final mix in always done in Cubase tho.

I've also played with FL studio, Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools.....truthfully I wish I started on FL.
It really has a gang of "helpers" that make track assembly real simple for "beat makers".

$.02

I still use Reason 4 and Cubase studio 5 ( plus some "go to' drum samples/fx and vsts)
I tried Reason 5....stuck with 4. When I get tired of Reason, I use Cubase and vise versa. Final mix in always done in Cubase tho.

I've also played with FL studio, Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools.....truthfully I wish I started on FL.
It really has a gang of "helpers" that make track assembly real simple for "beat makers".

$.02

I started on FL and a few days ago started messing with it a bit for the first time in years on my old Windows PC.
As far as beat making FL is so simple to sample and make tracks. Always hated the mixer and audio editing in it though. Still do.

I started on FL and a few days ago started messing with it a bit for the first time in years on my old Windows PC.
As far as beat making FL is so simple to sample and make tracks. Always hated the mixer and audio editing in it though. Still do.

I hear you. I bought some pretty dope tutorials and even tried using a different skin to see if that helped.........meh. I figured it out (shortcuts and all) and it just didn't grow on me. I guess starting on Reason will always make Reason my 'go to' for quick bangers.

On another note, i've owned a few Mpc's in the past and lately I have been thinking about snatching up Maschine... you can use it as a vst...

Somebody who owns a Maschine care to share some highlights or post up some dope/inspirational Maschine vids???

Ipads and the rest of these tablets are a gimicky waste of money IMO.
Hahahaha. The iPad is far from a gimmick. Now, tablet PCs, on the other hand, are truly a "gimmicky waste of money".

I like the idea of a touchscreen midi controlled workstation for the low though. It's the only reason I would consider owning an ipad but I'm still not fascinated with the apps.
Do you even know about TouchOSC? It has built-in support for Logic:

Or a game changer like Konkreet Performer?:

That's only scratching the surface.

Now, if I can use a special version of logic on it.....that would be what's up.
You already can. It's called Garageband for iPad and you can bring the projects directly into Logic:

Apple - iPad - From the App Store - Play and record music with GarageBand.

I hear you. I bought some pretty dope tutorials and even tried using a different skin to see if that helped.........meh. I figured it out (shortcuts and all) and it just didn't grow on me. I guess starting on Reason will always make Reason my 'go to' for quick bangers.

On another note, i've owned a few Mpc's in the past and lately I have been thinking about snatching up Maschine... you can use it as a vst...

Somebody who owns a Maschine care to share some highlights or post up some dope/inspirational Maschine vids???

I don't own a Maschine but if I was going to buy a piece of gear that would be it. Between a Maschine and a midi keyboard you have the same equivalent as if you spent thousands on a MPC and a Motif. You really don't need any other gear. It now comes with Komplete Elements which gives you over 1000 sounds too.

garageband for the iPad 2 is real dope. it's almost idiot proof how to work it. I can't believe they sell it at $4.99.

Omnisphere is my main go to synth..use it in everything. Maschine, kontakt 4, Studio One and FL Studio

I use 4 rubberbands
a recycle bin
some pots and pans
a aiwa boombox
and a pair of sanyo earbuds serving as a microphone.

once you can wrap your head around logic it becomes a BEAST. but it takes years of trial and error before you actually understand all of the extras and utilize the program it to its max. im at a point where the workflow is impeccably smooth.

This: setup.jpg

I'm at my parents house for spring break and that's all i could haul with me. I made a beat the other day in the jacuzzi.. and got paid for it! (don't try at home.) That's just Logic on a Macbook with a $29 MIDI keyboard from MusiciansFriend and pair of Sony headphones. Granted, a Macbook is like having a pro studio these days, god bless it!

Last edited:
This: View attachment 31177

I'm at my parents house for spring break and that's all i could haul with me. I made a beat the other day in the jacuzzi.. and got paid for it! (don't try at home.) That's just Logic on a Macbook with a $29 MIDI keyboard from MusiciansFriend and pair of Sony headphones. Granted, a Macbook is like having a pro studio these days, god bless it!

You just saved me some money! :cheers: Going to get me one riiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhht now!

Nah. The program your speaking of already exists it's called Logic Express and it's great; but people never really talk about it.

personally i think they're going to do away with logic express and just have a beginner (entry level -Garageband or Garageband Pro) & a pro level (logic).

ableton is more confusing than fl

i thought the same thing...i guess just weird how the interface was set up to me

ableton is a beast tho for those who use it on a constant basis

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

This: View attachment 31177

i see you got a LaCie rugged external hd too....i copped one of those along with 2 WDs

Back