What Are You Guys Producing With As of Now

i've heard rumors that the pro software known as "logic" might be discontinued and apple might go forward and create a "Garageband Pro" which would be a kind of inbetween of the current garageband and logic.

i really hope this doesnt happen (and honestly can't see them doing away with it, but only time will tell) b/c then i'm going to move to pro tools.

i think of it like this. garageband is to Logic as iMovie is to Final Cut

:cheers:

Nah. The program your speaking of already exists it's called Logic Express and it's great; but people never really talk about it.
It's still got an intuitive graphical Garageband style interface but more/higher quality instruments and effects with more editing options and pro features. It's a great median between the two, only $199, and is probably more then enough for most "beat makers"
I've been thinking about getting it for a while. I don't need Logic Pro, that has a bunch of extras I would never use and it's more complicated.

I thought about the mpc 500......then the lpk25 was invented. Perfect for a 10 inch laptop and chillin outside making a beat. :D

This shit is looking like a future beast.

That's what I've been saying. It's like a portable budget version of the Korg M3! So dope.

I'm converting my entire studio to iPad based using that keyboard as soon as FL Studio Mobile is released. Check my thread in the DAW section called FL Studio Mobile + iPad production I posted a bunch of cool iPad stuff and lots of pictures of FL Studio.

That board is cool i considered doing something of that nature once theres a ipad version of Reason/Record/Recycle that I can load to it a long with a controller like that with audio i/o for sampling

That board is cool i considered doing something of that nature once theres a ipad version of Reason/Record/Recycle that I can load to it a long with a controller like that with audio i/o for sampling

That would be cool to see Reason. I think the release of Garageband was a good starting point for companies to start testing the possibility of making the iPad more of a serious tool then a toy. I just think it's dope, even without a keyboard you could be wherever and have a real, fun, scratchpad with things like Garageband, FL Mobile, Korg iElectribe, etc.

ipad-reason.jpg

"According to Propellerhead CEO Ernst Nathorst-Böös, it’s a distinct possibility:

“The iPad is at least as powerful a computer as the ones we started making software for back in the 90s. And that’s pretty exciting!”"

not many people in here using logic. guess its cos most people rock PC.
i'm using logic 9, komplete 7, miroslav philharmonik, rob papen blue and predator, microkorg XL.
as far as komplete being good but also like an overload of options, i'd say it is, i guess im lazy or whatever but ive found some favourites early and mostly ill just chill and watch a dvd and click thru synth sounds until i find one that makes my dick move.
lol im a preset cheater. and what?

not many people in here using logic. guess its cos most people rock PC.
i'm using logic 9, komplete 7, miroslav philharmonik, rob papen blue and predator, microkorg XL.
as far as komplete being good but also like an overload of options, i'd say it is, i guess im lazy or whatever but ive found some favourites early and mostly ill just chill and watch a dvd and click thru synth sounds until i find one that makes my dick move.
lol im a preset cheater. and what?

how is that microkorg. i plan on buying one next month

how is that microkorg. i plan on buying one next month

The Microkorg is a cool synth for what it is but I hate the small keys.
For what it's worth you might take a look at the R3. I've been looking to pick up a synth to learn for a hardcore band application and the R3 is based on the Radias whereas the Microkorg is based on the older Ms2000

The Microkorg is a cool synth for what it is but I hate the small keys.
For what it's worth you might take a look at the R3. I've been looking to pick up a synth to learn for a hardcore band application and the R3 is based on the Radias whereas the Microkorg is based on the older Ms2000
\
im tryna find something to do some talkbox hooks with....

I've seen some tablets the size of ipads but windows vista and 7 (I think....might be mistaken). I might have to have a talk with someone and have me the kind of set up I really want. Be on some transformer shit. :D Really man, Having a really nice controller at home, having a usb drive loaded with whatever (like a floppy), pocket sized velocity sensitive midi keyboard, and a powerful tablet with all of my stuff on it.....all I would need. Shit, even hit some pads on it. :D

Oh, and one of these.
Buy Native Instruments AUDIO 2 DJ Interface | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend

I've seen some tablets the size of ipads but windows vista and 7 (I think....might be mistaken).
Windows tablet PCs are nothing new and there are very good reason they failed miserably. They're very CPU hungry and drains the battery quickly. And they only have a 2-3 hour battery life to begin with compared to iPad's 10 hour battery. Not to mention the Windows applications being designed for the mouse/trackpad instead of for multitouch tablet use.

Fl Studio to produce. Been spending the last week soaking up as much info as I can about Ableton LIVE because i'm getting into performing.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Nah abletons not too confusing once you spend a lil bit of time with it. I've been strictly FL but getting into Ableton wasn't too hard for me.

Ive always found Live to be a lot easier to use and understand than FL

maybe i just don't know how to look at it lol. i never knew where to put my instruments and stuff..... FL may seem so easy to me since i've been using it going on 3 years now

Windows tablet PCs are nothing new and there are very good reason they failed miserably. They're very CPU hungry and drains the battery quickly. And they only have a 2-3 hour battery life to begin with compared to iPad's 10 hour battery. Not to mention the Windows applications being designed for the mouse/trackpad instead of for multitouch tablet use.

Ipads and the rest of these tablets are a gimicky waste of money IMO. I like the idea of a touchscreen midi controlled workstation for the low though. It's the only reason I would consider owning an ipad but I'm still not fascinated with the apps. Now, if I can use a special version of logic on it.....that would be what's up.

Back