What Are You Guys Producing With As of Now

anyone use Komplete 7 or Omnisphere ?? thoughts on either? I'm looking to getting one of them

I currently have the nexus 2 for my synths and use it in logic 9

Komplete 7 is dope but I feel like if I had it that there is so much content I would just be overwhelmed. Best VST on the market for the money though IMO. You literally get everything.

Omnisphere is overrated. Komplete imo is a better buy. Omni is a truly powerful synth but no more than most

albino 3 is my go to man for synths

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

those leads are just ill

Motif 6, '56 Les Paul goldtop clone w/ p90's, and a Douglas active bass w/ humbuckers is all the equipment I use. I record/sequence/mix everything in the motif. I dont really use many of the motif sounds anymore though. I got a lot of multi-samples that I like to use. My current go-to soundset consists of synth/synth bass sampled from a '69 moog modular 1p. Strings, flute, and brass sampled from a '73 mellotron, my guitar/bass, and then some of the piano/ep sounds from the motif, along with drum kits I find online. I like to use a sine wav from the moog for my main bassline (lows and mids), then my electric bass to add slap/pop accents for the mids and highs of the bassline.

At the moment im using FL studio 9 with a couple VST' ive purchased just because I dont have my Mac at the moment, My mac i had Logic 9 and used that for like a year straight ! Every now and then Il turn my MV8000 on and make a banger.. Il have to post a beat vid up sometime

i just switched to Live after jumping around between using Cubase and Reason both seperately and ReWired together for the past 2 years. it's pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Reason 3.0 stand alone for beat and dummy track quickies.

Cubase when dealing with vocals, arranging, editing ect.. When I do make music in Cubase it's Sampletank only but I'm about to start using Kore player to the fullest because I'm loving the demo stuff. On my laptop I usually c/p single shots into a drum loop in Cubase's sequencer.

I ****d around yesterday and recorded myself barely tapping a beat on my laptop with the built in mic on the laptop. Did some crazy shit to it. After gating that mo fo....it sounds like a real kickdrum with thump (no pun). lol But hell, I got a couple of grooves to mess with from doing that. I will be doing that more often now. :)

Last edited:
i wish logic released a PC a version

i've heard rumors that the pro software known as "logic" might be discontinued and apple might go forward and create a "Garageband Pro" which would be a kind of inbetween of the current garageband and logic.

i really hope this doesnt happen (and honestly can't see them doing away with it, but only time will tell) b/c then i'm going to move to pro tools.

i think of it like this. garageband is to Logic as iMovie is to Final Cut

:cheers:

Cubase 5, Nexus 2, Sylenth1, Purity, HalionOne, Komplete, and tons of other vst's. Planning on upgrading to Cubase 6 and new workstation or rack real soon.

reason.. i think i might try logic i hate to get 2 comfortable with one program.. i hve pro tools but i mainly use it for recording never tried to make a beat with it.. i didnt really like live or fl tht much but i guess i didnt really give either a chance

Last edited by a moderator:
i've heard rumors that the pro software known as "logic" might be discontinued and apple might go forward and create a "Garageband Pro" which would be a kind of inbetween of the current garageband and logic.

i really hope this doesnt happen (and honestly can't see them doing away with it, but only time will tell) b/c then i'm going to move to pro tools.

i think of it like this. garageband is to Logic as iMovie is to Final Cut

:cheers:

I doubt that. They paid too much to E Magic in the late 90s for rights to Logic. It was at one point PC only. It was decent then too

Back