Tupac Should Never Be Considered The G.O.A.T......... (WARNING).............

Its not trap beats and and the oversimplification of hip hop that makes me think the genre is dead...its threads like these...the fans are just in a bad place right now.

If that's the case why does anybody ever discuss their opinions
Why were discussion boards created?
Maybe anything opinionated should be taken down communist style....
Dead or alive, your life, music, art, whatever, is open to discussion

There's a difference between having an actual developed opinion and jus doing the minimal amount of research on known facts and kicking up dust by using pathos to rile people up. I have no problem with others having opinions other than mine and of course EVERYTHING is up to discussion, we are in a discussion board but at the same time, I am COMPLETELY against those who would go against the grain jus for conversations sake. Other than that, theres a difference between discussing public opinion and attacking someone for their personal opinions, please keep this in mind

Also, I think people are confusin bein "Real" with only having one facet. I think 2Pac wouldn't B "real" if we only considered him a gangsta, a black revolutionary, Jesus, etc, etc.... But what alot of people miss is that at the end of the day he was jus a man and was put in a position to express himself. Every track he did was jus an expression of an element of who he was and when we pigeon hole who 2Pac was/is down to one facet, that's when we have the "Real" or "Fake" conversations. We also have to take into account that we're analyzing about 7 years of a mans life and during that time he and his opinions could have changed leaps and bounds to the extant that what was true one year wasn't the next

Last edited:
Man we cant compare Tupac and Biggie to Eminem and Jay Z, or any other ****ing rapper because they are dead. Who knows what they would be doing right now and who knows how many records they would of sold. We dont know what they would have become In my Opinion they would have gotten better and better as time went by. Mixing and mastering has gotten better, Lyrics have changed it's just not the same anymore so I cant compare it Pac and Biggie roll in a lane of their own.

why don't we talk about how Jay-Z's gorilla lips split from'em and started their own group?

LISTEN UP KID, WE NOT GONNA HAVE NONE OF THAT IN THIS THREAD.

Dont u EVER!!! talk about jay z like dat.

he my favorite rapper.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

And why we're talking taboo subjects.... why was Michael Jackson considered a great dancer when he was still pop locking and moon walking in 2005?

... and he even started doing that after it was played out.

Hope I don't get banned for that.

once u've reached a certain point of greatness u can do whatever the **** u want.

just like wayne and baby kissing is excused, becuz wayne reached greatness, and nobody gives a **** becuz he makes great music.

now if you havent reached greatness and go around kissing niggas or performing played out dances, then you're not worthy.

similar to how jay and kanye can put out an experimental albums and do "mediocre" as u believe, but still get major propz.

ITS BECUZ THEY ALREADY ARE ACCEPTED AND CREATED GREATNESS .

but some random unknown guy has to earn his way in to do whatever he like and get accepted.

its not my rules, its society rules.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a post in here where anybody said anything "BAD" about Tupac?

There are billions of people on the planet... NONE! of them think the same (to the same degree).

People can't really participate in these types of "discussions" if they're biased because they attach a certain level of emotion to the topic.

I attached none to this subject and tried to just keep it a discussion... but people jumped all around the parts where I said I have damn near all of Tupac's "music" because I like most of it. It's when people start saying "Realest" this and that... things that have not a lot to do with music is where I like to "discuss" the person. I even tried to make it clear that I never met and didn't know this person and none you probably ever met him either - so you were doing the same thing I was doing - going by what you saw and interpreting it.

I hope I have not offended any Tupac fans. As was said earlier, he could've become the most positive force Hip Hop has ever seen... so I'm not going to keep talking about what could've been. Pac R.I.P., great artist... just not the G.O.A.T. in my opinion.

If anyone would like to tell my how / why my opinion is wrong, PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
2pac is the greatest ever but all you guys who like to think otherwise, well lets just say you are not talented enough to understand talent. Just like a dog can't speak english. But I am not mad - it's cool. Just let the people who know talent judge talent. You know, just stay in your lane. A lawyer doesn't clean people's teeth. Same concept applies here.

He's not though. I've been saying he hasn't been for years. He died young and at the top of his career before his inevitable fall

He's not though. I've been saying he hasn't been for years. He died young and at the top of his career before his inevitable fall

its not about how "Cool" he was or how "Lyrical" he was.... when people say he is goat they aint talkin just about his rapping skills... he was poet, a leader, an activist.. who just happened to rap... he spoke to the people for the people... Keep ya head up and those type of songs was what everybody could relate to and those songs are why people love him.... his interviews where he just talkin about political shit have as much views as his songs... if Tupac never rapped he would still been famous cuz he was like the Malcom X of our generation

its not about how "Cool" he was or how "Lyrical" he was.... when people say he is goat they aint talkin just about his rapping skills... he was poet, a leader, an activist.. who just happened to rap... he spoke to the people for the people... Keep ya head up and those type of songs was what everybody could relate to and those songs are why people love him.... his interviews where he just talkin about political shit have as much views as his songs... if Tupac never rapped he would still been famous cuz he was like the Malcom X of our generation

that's an insult to malcom x. don't ever compare pac to someone like him. If you want an activist who's dead look at michael jackson and all that he's done. Most of his political talk didn't amount to much and the man was a constant living contradiction.

well think of all of your favorite rappers and then post their best ten songs, and compare them. and go from there. name the "g.o.a.t." rappers/ hip hop artists and then name ten songs by each of them.

Back