Tupac Should Never Be Considered The G.O.A.T......... (WARNING).............

It's the new math

right...

but when you call out bullshit and busters, people wanna get on YOU and call you JEALOUS, a HATER, or some combination of BOTH w/ other bird-brained insults attached.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Hip-Hop is the new WWF

it's actually WORSE...at least w/ WWF, people KNOW and ACCEPT that it's FAKE...

use to not be that way F,
wrestlers use to take their personas around everywhere they went and weren't supposed to tell you that it was just entertainment.
hulk hogan litterally choked a nigga out over it once
ON CAMERA

When tupac dropped brendas got a baby it dealt with a growing and still highly problematic issue amongst the black community

... but it was caused by people "Getting Around"

So with that said, he helped along some of the problems in the BLACK community...

This is starting to sound like I didn't like dude or something... fun music but I keep it at the musical level. He was just another artist to me and not the greatest one in the grand scheme of things. I named a few emcees that would eat him alive at HIP HOP - imo - lyrically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not though, there use to be a steady stream of real niggas in hip hop but that gets cut off once it starts making money and suits (cough cough white people cough) wanted to figure out a way to duplicate in all the money hip hop was generating without the dangers of the riff raff (negros) who made it (see rock roll, jazz, blues, everything else)

He explained back in 94 how he could make both a song about gettin around and keepin ya head up. In that case he was real. Don't we all wanna see more empowered women but at the same time get our bump on?

wait a minute,
i think "real" is getting confused with "positive"

people in those demographics were/are dealing with teenage pregnancy = real

People growing up living that life on the streets do feel at times like all they can trust is their gun = real

Sometimes a nigga did wanna tell a girl "look im not gonna be fake and try to offer you a ring to get the draws, this is what i really want. are you down?" = thats as reall as it gets

people in the club like to party, thug passion = real

Was anything in the songs like white mans burden or I just don't give a f@#$ strike anyone as not accurate to race relations at the time? they were real depictions of how things were. no ones listening to the line saying the police are the biggest group of niggas in the city and going "naaaawwww the LAPD is a bunch of swell guys" = real

all the sex songs were how most niggas feel during sex time = real

His mom really was a crack head at one point, again sayign what was going on and how he felt = real

im not seeing how saying something not positive is unrealistic.

He explained back in 94 how he could make both a song about gettin around and keepin ya head up. In that case he was real. Don't we all wanna see more empowered women but at the same time get our bump on?

Quit making excuses Tyree. Nobody explained what he DID... I'll type it again what he DID that was real.

I have to pull out the cliche' statements I guess.... ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS... so somebody post some actions... or else you're worshipping the same thing you call Ross.

Common says he's about positivity... and hops on Wake Up with John Legend... then gets on TV and tells people to get tested for HIV because it's hurting black people... there's my example of a REAL emcee.

Post!

... I have a bunch of Tupac Remixes I made... don't throw tomatoes just yet.

that gets cut off once it starts making money

right...

wave a million in front of the face of a "real nigga", and watch how fast he'll switch it up and explain / rationalize / justify WHY.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS... so somebody post some actions... or else you're worshipping the same thing you call Ross

right...

too bad these little guys find that concept hard to understand / comprehend

right.

2pac is more "RAP" than "HIP-HOP"

$.02

If you look at his biggest songs, they definitely fall into the Commercial Rap category.

Having these types of discussions make it seem like people a knocking him because he's the subject when mostly some people are just trying to figure out "Why the high praise?" if they don't see what everybody else saw. Not much will change peoples minds.

Does anybody think ANY of Pac's songs were / are realer than Kool G Rap songs...

It's like the Justin Bieber thing.... it's just cool for kids to like him. It's the in thing to do. If he ever gets into trouble and it becomes uncool... all of his fans will disappear. People didn't like Boyz II Men as much as Jodeci... which group was more REAL and which group was it just cool to like... I don't even have to tell you that answers. But I know which group actually seemed REAL and which one went for the raunch factor and somehow garnered fans who were afraid to say that the REAL group was more like a REAL group...

Just be honest... it doesn't hurt, lol. I liked Jodeci's music more but that doesn't change my opinion on which group seemed to be more REAL as an RnB group.

I would not be a good politician.

@F
not waving money in the face of a supposed real ones, just not letting real ones get on period.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

You know cool G rap suffered from seziures and had to have superhead wipe his ass once when the ambulance came right?
thats not gangster,
I never heard it in any of his songs
boo-google-boo.gif

lol
naw but seriously all these guys have a side they'd rather hide.

if you want to see an example of real in his rhymes, a lot of pac songs were about the joy of getting out of prison and floss on his enemies. which he actually did. even going as far as naming C/O's and judges involved in his case.

Last edited:
wait a minute,
i think "real" is getting confused with "positive"

people in those demographics were/are dealing with teenage pregnancy = real

People growing up living that life on the streets do feel at times like all they can trust is their gun = real

Sometimes a nigga did wanna tell a girl "look im not gonna be fake and try to offer you a ring to get the draws, this is what i really want. are you down?" = thats as reall as it gets

people in the club like to party, thug passion = real

Was anything in the songs like white mans burden or I just don't give a f@#$ strike anyone as not accurate to race relations at the time? they were real depictions of how things were. no ones listening to the line saying the police are the biggest group of niggas in the city and going "naaaawwww the LAPD is a bunch of swell guys" = real

all the sex songs were how most niggas feel during sex time = real

His mom really was a crack head at one point, again sayign what was going on and how he felt = real

im not seeing how saying something not positive is unrealistic.

You switched it up, you said something about Ross hurting the black community... and even if that stuff was real, it was all contradictory when you look at his body of work.

So if he made positive songs followed by negative songs, what was his stance. Did he want to help the community Brenda is in or tear it down?

Common, Chuck D and KRS stayed on one side of the fence...

Lil Boosie, Gucci Mane and C Murder stayed on one side of the fence...

I feel bad talking about this guy, I already know he felt he got done dirty with the shooting in NY, felt he got done dirty with the charges, and then to get out and probably felt he got done dirty by Suge.... you'd make the same angry songs.

His East Coast Beef = NY Shootings
His Woman Degrading songs = Charges
His overall anger when he got out = can't pay SUGE off and make the move he wants to make

His positive songs = He was still human

AND GUESS WHAT! I didn't know dude, I deduced all of this from interviews, songs and documentaries.... and I still get off of work at the same time so there's no need to put too much emotion into any of this.

I know Tunez is cool about it all though, that was for you lurkers that jump out after everybody is asleep and turn the thread into 50 pages... even though you're reading right now.

Gotta throw Ludacris under the bus too.

Made Run-away Love and came back with How Low Can You Go!

Ludacris - "Mansion payments baby, it's ain't easy... f your feelins' just buy the records"

... and the black people scratch their heads trying to figure out if they should buy Ludacris records or not.

lol @ mansion payments aint easy lol

but on the real, there is a huge difference between talking about underage girls getting kidnapped and needing to be treated better and what grown ass women do on the dance floor.
same with brenda and i get around. i didn't see any 15 year old girls with a baby bump at that poolside video.

if you want to see an example of real in his rhymes, a lot of pac songs were about the joy of getting out of prison and floss on his enemies. which he actually did. even going as far as naming C/O's and judges involved in his case.

Well, I posted all I posted to try to kind of agree with the article on some points. Tupac is not the greatest to everyone... but he was good and was a standout and that's wayyyy more than a lot of entertainers can say.

If Rakim is not the greatest to everybody reading we should e-fight until they shut down FP... (I doubt he is so there's nothing to fight about)

Wish Pac was still putting out records, Biggie too, Big L too and I wish TI, Boosie and C Murder were putting out records too. You get to a point where everybody knows your name... a place where 100's of 1,000's of other rappers want to be... and what do you do? you mess it up. SMH.

I've listened to all of their music, I see what ego, pride and bad decisions got them... so in a weird way, they did some good for people like me.

The electronic collection plate is right here ---> Paypal your donation to biggrome@onlinemusicproduction.com

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

lol @ mansion payments aint easy lol

but on the real, there is a huge difference between talking about underage girls getting kidnapped and needing to be treated better and what grown ass women do on the dance floor.
same with brenda and i get around. i didn't see any 15 year old girls with a baby bump at that poolside video.

You have to have "Visionnnnnnn!"

If a girl wants to run away, what's the quickest way for her to earn money? Showing how low she can go

After that 15 year old has that baby, where is she going to go to find a new baby daddy? Poolside

Pac is not my favorite rapper, but when people say that he was "real", I'd agree. He was a fickle a$$hole, and he could admit when he was wrong or explain the sh-t he'd do, and according to some folks, he really did care a lot about the poor black community. I don't think that this matters, but he lived in Oakland/LA in his teens, but LA exposed him to all of the thug shit his friends were doing, and how ridiculously f--ked his peers were. He seemed like a pretty honest dude, just kind of a d!ck sometimes. You got that out of his interviews and songs.

Who cares though.

Big Pun, Big L > every other dead rapper

Rakim for president (Eric. B for vice)

Forgot to add that T.I. has a tight flow when he wants to show off. So if you keep it about music only... greatest... ehhh.

It's like talking about Josh Groban or something... you don't really know much about him except that he sings... and that's all everything should be based on when comparing him musically to other artists.

When you bring in all the other stuff... things get murky.

J. Cole gets the rapid acceleration to the upper echelon also. He has good wit and knows how to pick beats.

Back