Tupac Should Never Be Considered The G.O.A.T......... (WARNING).............

I liked Makaveli more than All Eyes On Me

(for some reason it sounded more honest)

Also... you have to look at who's ranking the "greatest" and what's their criteria. If the criteria was lyrical ability... Biggie, Pac, Jay Z would be around top 15 - 20. I think most people rank "popular songs" so they hover around the top

There's no way a lot of guys like them are getting in the ballpark with Rakim, G Rap, Kane, Canibus, Busta, Twista, Andre 3000, Royce, Eminem, Technine, Bone Thugs, Mystikal, etc... for pure lyrical ability. Method Man and Red Man rank higher them skill-wise. Biggie is the best out the three mentioned lyrically and probably could hit top 10 if he had put out more songs.

Big Boi and Bun B trump them too and are neck and neck with Biggie. Lyrically.

BUT! popular opinion tells most people who's the best because if you agree... everybody likes you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid blog...its been done to death.

Yes, he wasn't really a gangster. He went to acting school. We all know that. Rick Ross was a CO. Ice Cube does corny movies. Dre wasnt a gangbanger.

Only 14 year olds believe all the shit they see in the entertainment business. Grow up to whoever wrote that lame blog. Pac was never considered the greatest of all time because of his flow; it was because how he could convey a message from a song to an audience. You could understand the story he was rapping (Brenda's got a baby, Dear Mama, Hit em up), whether you lived in that environment or not. That's the power he had as an artist. That's the greatest power you can have as an artist. When I watch Al Pacino portray the head of the Corleone family in Godfather II, I have a tremendous amount of respect for his talent and his ability to portray that character. I can understand everything Michael Corleone and all the characters are going through even though Im not an Italian gangster born in Sicily. That's because of the power these actors have in their craft; its the same power that artists have in their music. If you're hung up over the fact that Al Pacino wasn't really a gangster from Sicily, you're an idiot or 14.

BTW, my reply was directed at whoever wrote that blog, not you.

@Moz - he kept his "persona" outside of songs though (I think he was frustrated with a lot)

Al Pacino doesn't pretend to be Carlito or Scarface on the red carpet...

That's what's "confusing" about Hip Hop artists... they're "supposed" to be who they say they are... it's different from movies. Denzel Washington doesn't walk around talking like Malcolm X or Alonzo from Training Day. Imagine if Samuel L. Jackson was always Gator or always had on that gheri curl wig from Pulp Fiction... then the movie thing would be a valid comparison.

"After this premiere... I'm going to get me a Royale with cheese..."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Some people listen to Pac and feel that he is the best simply because he is the realest cat to do it.

I can’t cosign this statement. When Pac really was popping, it was Thug Life all day. Yet, people forget that this cat went to a school for the performing arts. Jada Pinkett was his best friend. How hood is that? Is that Thug Life? No this guy created a persona and sold it to the masses (The same thing that Rick Ross gets slack for). Is that wrong? No! I think it is just entertainment, but you can’t say 2Pac is one of the best because of how REAL he was."

The guy who wrote this shit is either from white suburbia or not from the hood himself or he stays in the house while living in "the hood". Only people like that research hip hop like that........it's like somebody who learning how to mix will always judge a song by how it's mixed and if it's not bright and sterile sounding it sucks according to the EQ laws of the internet.....then they find out years later that mixing is an art it's self and appreciate the songs created and the mix of it all. Like a child can't take piano lessons because they in the hood but a child can wear the whole Jordan collection and gucci because it's ghetto fabulous. GTFOHWTBS. Pick up a book....got dammit! Opinions are only opinions... true........but half assed theories when the "full truth" is all over the place for him to see is why young folks should not take "ANYONE" serious and get the "truth" for themselves. I don't have to read any further.

And no.....Pac is not the G.O.A.T in my book.......he is in another category that's much larger.

Last edited:
^^Rice dude you even bother reading the article? The dude said he doesn't care that Pac went to a performing arts school, etc. He's just saying that people shouldn't call Pac great because he's the realest (for whoever those people are).

Tupac is not the G.O.A.T. - nobody is. And more importantly, people see Pac as some philosophical super-human intelligent saviour of black people. GTFOHWTBS he's just an average guy that read some David Icke books.

Agree 100% wit Rome. Music artists are shamed into 'living' the life that they rap about, and if they don't they are 'fake'. The fans inherently force this issue. But "who wants to listen to 'actor' Tupac rap about a life that he doesnt live. Funny thing is, now he doesnt live."

Stupid blog...its been done to death.

Yes, he wasn't really a gangster. He went to acting school. We all know that. Rick Ross was a CO. Ice Cube does corny movies. Dre wasnt a gangbanger.

Only 14 year olds believe all the shit they see in the entertainment business. Grow up to whoever wrote that lame blog. Pac was never considered the greatest of all time because of his flow; it was because how he could convey a message from a song to an audience. You could understand the story he was rapping (Brenda's got a baby, Dear Mama, Hit em up), whether you lived in that environment or not. That's the power he had as an artist. That's the greatest power you can have as an artist. When I watch Al Pacino portray the head of the Corleone family in Godfather II, I have a tremendous amount of respect for his talent and his ability to portray that character. I can understand everything Michael Corleone and all the characters are going through even though Im not an Italian gangster born in Sicily. That's because of the power these actors have in their craft; its the same power that artists have in their music. If you're hung up over the fact that Al Pacino wasn't really a gangster from Sicily, you're an idiot or 14.

BTW, my reply was directed at whoever wrote that blog, not you.

lol, u copied one of the comments from the blog, but reworded it a little. :)

^^Rice dude you even bother reading the article? The dude said he doesn't care that Pac went to a performing arts school, etc. He's just saying that people shouldn't call Pac great because he's the realest (for whoever those people are).

Tupac is not the G.O.A.T. - nobody is. And more importantly, people see Pac as some philosophical super-human intelligent saviour of black people. GTFOHWTBS he's just an average guy that read some David Icke books.

Real is real no matter where you from or at. A person who became wealthy after coming from homelessness can encourage another person who is homeless that they can make it quicker than the man who gives him a sandwich and 10 extra dollars every once in a while saying "today is good day for you buddy". Yet people who have never been homeless would call the wealthy man fake because "they have never been homeless and their thoughts of homeless is skid row"......so him being able to get around in his car bumming change "to make his plans happen" means he wasn't homeless to them. Or they will become homeless themselves yet stay in a "safety zone" to get the success story he has........but not do what he did to make it out which was determination. And the more successful he got after his death (wealthy homeless man) the more the word goes around that he really wasn't homeless and and that spreads to the people that don't care to know who he was but care enough to make a speech about his life as how they see. I call that hate. You can't speak on another man's life if you don't know his history. An opinion means nothing foreal then because it's a fact they don't know what they talking about due to the truth being tampered with.

Last edited:
Real is real no matter where you from or at. A person who became wealthy after coming from homelessness can encourage another person who is homeless that they can make it quicker than the man who gives him a sandwich and 10 extra dollars every once in a while saying "today is good day for you buddy". Yet people who have never been homeless would call the wealthy man fake because "they have never been homeless and their thoughts of homeless is skid row"......so him being able to get around in his car bumming change "to make his plans happen" means he wasn't homeless to them. Or they will become homeless themselves yet stay in a "safety zone" to get the success story he has........but not do what he did to make it out which was determination. And the more successful he got after his death (wealthy homeless man) the more the word goes around that he really wasn't homeless and and that spreads to the people that don't care to know who he was but care enough to make a speech about his life as how they see. I call that hate. You can't speak on another man's life if you don't know his history. An opinion means nothing foreal then because it's a fact they don't know what they talking about due to the truth being tampered with.

Too many gaps in this statement.

"Real is Real no matter where you from or at"? What?

"You can't speak on another man's life if you don't know his history" False. Because no one truly KNOWS another man's history. You know what people want you to know, or what they couldn't keep private. Tupac was a great character. But a character nonetheless.

Sidenote, the phrase "He was the realest"... is frustrating to hear because what's "Real" is different to different people.

Why attack a man 15 years after he died? Someone clearly jus needs attention and we feedin into that need. Idgaf if 2Pac was fake or real to you, the things he said in his songs struck a chord with ME and helped ME get through difficult times, why should I care if his words didn't have the same effect on anyone else? All art is open for interpretation, I might stare at a couple rocks stacked on top of each other and C a pile of rocks and you might C the same thing and take it as a million dollar sculpture. When it comes down to it, who really knows who and what 2Pac truly was beside his family and friends? In music, the artist inevitably becomes their own work of art when they submit themselves and their viewpoints to the public. With that being said, 2Pac is a concept, he's only what we each take away from who he is. Some people C him and think he's some messiah and others heard his work and C him as a phony but the truth is, he's EVERYTHING everyone says but on a personal level. Other than that, theres no need to rebel rouse. Saying somethin that's been said OVER AND OVER again and bringin the same perspective with the same old facts is just an attempt to kick up dust and get attention. You think Pac is a lie? You think Pac is a genius? Fine, keep it to yourself unless asked. Now, if we still busy attackin rappers, talkin bout who's a goat or not or jus other things to generally trash someone else's favorite artist, why don't we talk about how Jay-Z's gorilla lips split from'em and started their own group?

It's an opinion who the all-time greatest is. I have a favorite and if it's not the same as yours I won't self-destruct.

The article was contradictory. There were other better lyricists? There were also better field shooters than Jordan. Not the realest? Being tight with Jada doesn't make you unreal. Greater in death? Well, the first two albums I did look at Tupac as just another rapper (agreed) but then came the movies, trouble and potent albums. Biggie would've been the matyr if he died first? We won't know. He wouldn't be as big if he were still alive? We won't know and I won't assume.

Then I read the comments. Elivs wasn't as big either? Kid you're too young; Elivs was always huge and would've been. Notice he didn't use Michael Jackson as an example. Another one bought up Hammer for some reason. Now you're really young analyzing his supposed lack of respect in the hip-hop community. He wasn't that hated!!!!

that's statement is more TRUE than it is FALSE.

being REAL in a FAKE (entertainment) context is mutually exclusive

True. Not what he meant though. He meant it in a way of saying since he did things that thugs don't do (in the bloggers mind) then he shouldn't be considered G.O.A.T if it was "based" on realness. O.K......so what is real? Everthing that has to do with this Earth would be considered "not eligible" for something if we don't know what real is. The sky can't compete with another sky because it is what it is......the sky. It's dark over here when it's bright somewhere else......it's an orange color.....blue color....have clouds or maybe not...but it's real no matter how grey it is and a person don't like grey. "FU.CK the sky.....it can't be great since it does produce tornadoes and shit...it ain't real.

I like Pac because he reminds me of my thought process a little..........stepping outside of being a regular human being and showing the world what he sees through the alien eyes of living here. For a person who lives as a human it is hard to look in the mirror and see fault of the "entire human race". As an alien you can't help but to live the ways of a human so you can adapt to the environment. We just so happen to be aliens brought up in the hood. We see how fu.cked up shit is but we can't tell these niggas shit because we aliens and they human. It's hard being an alien in this americanized society because we grew up in it yet we know whats wrong. The average human can't even think inside the box. And the ones that can become successful, but the ones that can think outside the box knowing what's in it become successful and then some. Which is the outcome of 2Pac compared to others. A large portion think inside of the box......few think outside of it....and out of that few it's a large portion don't know what's in the box. So to me 2 Pac doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the box. He telling you what's in it and how to think outside of it. But a person who don't even know what's in the box will judge things according to what's in "their" box which is inside "THE" box. And that's why 2Pac will never be considered the greatest. You can't compare a Pun to 2Pac.......it's a box inside of a box thought porcess. Wordplay, performance, realism, appeal, (not sex appeal) leadership....and a lot of things come with being a G.O.A.T. There is no "reason why not" in it. That's some hatred selfish box excuse shit.

Jordan is not consider the greatest any more to some people. But Jordan was a great Leader, play maker, scorer, defensive player, dunker, three point shooter, passer, dribbler, team player, champion, and on and on. NOW!!!!! For someone to be greater than that they will have to be greater in "ALL" aspects and not just because they have scored more points in a game.......you still got some MVPs to go and so much more.

Back