Tupac Should Never Be Considered The G.O.A.T......... (WARNING).............

Eminem, the greatest? As I said I won't get into a greatest anything debate but I will still say what I think. Eminem would have a case because he is tops in record sales, all-time and recent. That is the most measurable variable.

People no longer say Jordan is the greatest? Well, he is over 50 now losing one-on-one to white guys his age. (Insert any active NBA player here) is better. I don't wanna look back. Sure Kobe will never have as high of a career PPG or MVP awards...so what. THIS IS NOW! Or, back to music, you wanna hear some old shit, play it. You don't like music today, what are you doing to change it, future producer?

Too many gaps in this statement.

"Real is Real no matter where you from or at"? What?

"You can't speak on another man's life if you don't know his history" False. Because no one truly KNOWS another man's history. You know what people want you to know, or what they couldn't keep private. Tupac was a great character. But a character nonetheless.

Sidenote, the phrase "He was the realest"... is frustrating to hear because what's "Real" is different to different people.

You can speak of someone's history but not from others opinions....but the facts....which is my point. We know George Washington was on a dollar as it was taught in the year 2245. Did he have 7 kids out of wedlock......we don't know. Is the Earth round? Shit....I don't know....the news is probably lying to me telling me some man flew around the world. Did man walk on the moon? Shit...I don't know.....it could've been filmed on Earth. :)

Why attack a man 15 years after he died? Someone clearly jus needs attention and we feedin into that need. Idgaf if 2Pac was fake or real to you, the things he said in his songs struck a chord with ME and helped ME get through difficult times, why should I care if his words didn't have the same effect on anyone else? All art is open for interpretation, I might stare at a couple rocks stacked on top of each other and C a pile of rocks and you might C the same thing and take it as a million dollar sculpture. When it comes down to it, who really knows who and what 2Pac truly was beside his family and friends? In music, the artist inevitably becomes their own work of art when they submit themselves and their viewpoints to the public. With that being said, 2Pac is a concept, he's only what we each take away from who he is. Some people C him and think he's some messiah and others heard his work and C him as a phony but the truth is, he's EVERYTHING everyone says but on a personal level. Other than that, theres no need to rebel rouse. Saying somethin that's been said OVER AND OVER again and bringin the same perspective with the same old facts is just an attempt to kick up dust and get attention. You think Pac is a lie? You think Pac is a genius? Fine, keep it to yourself unless asked. Now, if we still busy attackin rappers, talkin bout who's a goat or not or jus other things to generally trash someone else's favorite artist, why don't we talk about how Jay-Z's gorilla lips split from'em and started their own group?

If that's the case why does anybody ever discuss their opinions
Why were discussion boards created?
Maybe anything opinionated should be taken down communist style....
Dead or alive, your life, music, art, whatever, is open to discussion

You can speak of someone's history but not from others opinions....but the facts....which is my point. We know George Washington was on a dollar as it was taught in the year 2245. Did he have 7 kids out of wedlock......we don't know. Is the Earth round? Shit....I don't know....the news is probably lying to me telling me some man flew around the world. Did man walk on the moon? Shit...I don't know.....it could've been filmed on Earth. :)

The true study of history is often ones opinion and interpretation of why things happened like they did

I thought that was Thomas Jefferson. Earth round? By the science I know and multiple unrelated satellites, it definitely is. Was the moon landing faked? I wasn't born yet but mythbusters disproved the theories that it was faked like the flag is waving---You don't need oxygen to make a flag wave.

. Because no one truly KNOWS another man's history. You know what people want you to know, or what they couldn't keep private.

+ 20 for the part in bold. It's universal.

I'm not trying to talk greazy about the man. I liked a lot of his music but when people talk about him, it's normally not about his music. I wish he had just chilled out and made music. The Mobb Deep, Nas, Jay Z, Biggie stuff... all unnecessary. All of it. You don't hate a whole region... for nothing. A person under a lot of stress does that type of stuff. Tupac was from Maryland I think. Last I checked, that was the East Coast.

He had a MASSIVE amount of work... name me 10 positive songs, people are going to name Brenda's got a baby, Dear Mama, Change and start to scratch their heads.

Hope nobody takes this wrong but Hip Hop has had more REAL people in it. I'd say that Chuck D is more real than Pac because he never contradicted himself by singing a song about Brenda's Got a Baby only to follow that by I get around... where do baby's come from?

Let the record show, I bought almost everything he put out and was one of the first to throw his music on at parties. I just don't like taboo subjects where everything or every angle isn't expressed.

Nobody is every going to be able to really be called the G.O.A.T. I think Rakim is the best lyricist of all time but he doesn't have the hit records to show "greatness" in his genre. Jay Z has more hits but is not near as good an emcee.

All subjective.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that was Thomas Jefferson. Earth round? By the science I know and multiple unrelated satellites, it definitely is. Was the moon landing faked? I wasn't born yet but mythbusters disproved the theories that it was faked like the flag is waving---You don't need oxygen to make a flag wave.

Metacognitive thinking is fun

That is the most measurable variable

FUKC that variable

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

name me 10 positive songs, people are going to name Brenda's got a baby, Dear Mama, Change and start to scratch their heads

right...ratios DO matter

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Hip Hop has had more REAL people in it

i'd have to agree

re: a couple post up Rome's link. typing this actually took longer than just linking it. what what it about again? Oh, yeah...what we don't know. What if it got out Tupac liked cats because they were peaceful and all that shit people say about cats? I never liked the what does and doesn't make someone real. And the funny thing is I once read a 1988 review of PE saying they weren't real and being revolutionary was the new commercial thing. Kind of was but PE never changed. Think of other rappers that had one pro-Black album late 80s-early 90s ish then was something else in between. Tupac became harder than he already was after that period. In that case he was The Realest...no wait The Realest was a Death Row Chronic 2000 imposter.

And why we're talking taboo subjects.... why was Michael Jackson considered a great dancer when he was still pop locking and moon walking in 2005?

... and he even started doing that after it was played out.

Hope I don't get banned for that.

If we are basing G.O.A.T. status,
LITTERAL GREATEST OF ALL TIME (i feel it needs to be spelled out because goat doesn't denote the importance/significance of the title),
off of record sales then you know who needs to be up there in the argument with eminem?
thats right, this guy
mc-hammer-pants.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

thats how silly basing it off of album sales sounds.
i can understand the argument for not making tupac #1 (usually done by bitter east coast rap fans) but making em the king of rap is like making elvis the king of rock.

Tupacs realness wasn't in regards to whether or not he lived the life he claimed, it was to whether or not he spoke on things that were really happening to most of the people he spoke to and not the usual fantasy land bs rappers were doing at the time. if you come out with brendas got a baby when the popular tracks at the time where booty bouncing tracks from miami and it works something is up.

MLK was more than likely cheating on his wife while on the road as records document, but even when hoover tried to expose this it didn't work because everyone knew the message he was shouting out was to real to be ignored or sidetracked by petty things like that. this is what made tupac real.

+

He had a MASSIVE amount of work... name me 10 positive songs, people are going to name Brenda's got a baby, Dear Mama, Change and start to scratch their heads.

The average person couldn't. But fans of his could.

I'm not a die hard fan like the next man. But I love 2Pac's songs. Wasn't really a fan of the Makavelli stuff. Seemed like every song associated with Makavelli was revengeful towards the same people. Cool at first....tiresome after a while for me. Some of the beats grabbed me though.

Well, there you have it people. Rick Ross has indirectly been declared REAL according to the logic in this thread.

William Roberts the Correctional Officer = Rick Ross - King of the Streets

It's the new math.

And if that's the case, I'd like to throw in Humpty's name for the REALEST of ALL TIME! he gets extra points for having his own dance and I do believe he "grabbed 'em in the biscuits".

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick ross still isn't real (not because of his correctional office status) but because he is rapping about fantasy land bs that is what he is seeing off of the tv screen.
its almost like he's writting a script for "scarface 2; im reloaded!!!"

When tupac dropped brendas got a baby it dealt with a growing and still highly problematic issue amongst the black community
not that many folks are going through the struggles of maintaining a million dollar drug empire while trying to figure out who could be a judas within the rank so of your goons, which is what ross is pushing.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

im STILL to this day trying to convince my mom that humpty and shock g are the same person and that michael and letoya are two different people.

Hip-Hop is the new WWF. Back in the day those guys were in character everywhere they went. Hip-Hop was meant to be real; what your own rhymes, do what you say.

But back to the article. I don't care about greatest arguments but this blog didn't prove Tupac wasn't the greatest

Back