The Gay Rap Movement

No offence, but what's the difference between gay rappers and "normal" rappers? F.e. - if you knew few years back that Will Smith is gay, would it make a difference in his acting?

Im sure there is a place for Gay hip hop, just not in my playlist, however if it was music by a gay artist with out a bunch of gay references I may potentially listen to the meaning. What I will not do is listen to a gay rapper make gay references in there music because that just goes against my morals and customs. To each is own, more power to you, if you gay I got love for you, I just may not have love for your message, however I will respect your message and opinions as a man.

Whats the gay rapper movement?

Does it go like this,

Male rapping:

This nigga look hot in the club, about to approach him,
hair did, moustache did, I wanna slow roast him/
take him from behind, make him feel the shit cuz/
aids on da tip of my dick, he'll be feelin sick cuz/

If the gay movement sounds anything like this or remotley gay keep yo shit in your closest f*kin f*gets.

all the power to them.

why is important to have people from different groups like the LGBT movement?

because it's important for these groups to have a voice.

It is never a question that in Hip Hop today, the "gay" voice is hushed in the industry. Underground or otherwise, it is hushed.

The Gay Rap Movement is a threat to some of you who oppose the idea because it will be the first time you may be forced to see that homosexuality is also in Hip Hop. The disrespect of gay art has to stop. This will be the first time that all of the homosexual acts and their supporters will be united. With their varied styles and approaches, the movement will break the silence and force those who refuse to deal with it, to deal with it. There are several professional "gay" rap and Hip Hop artist that deserve equal opportunity and equal support from the community they contribute their intellect, art, and craft to.

That's right you "guys," Rap is finally going to come out of the closet.

Hate is energy too, continue to waste yours or support new Hip Hop.

Ivantheking

major kudos buddy
you said it

there is a lot of arrogance in the music industry that needs to go

look at how many artists from all kinds of different civil rights movements are blacklisted from even playing shows across the globe.

ty baby

I get what you mean,
but when you see kids being bullied into suicide by homophobes just for being gay
there needs to be movements by artists to not only prevent this
but so that these kids feel like they have a voice and will be much less likely to end their lives.

Look at what Lady Gaga is doing.

I'm not even a fan of her music (just personal taste.. not my bag)
but kudos to her
she's making a difference.

what's the point of dividing rap in gay's and no gay's ?

if i want to listen about sucking dicks i can still turn to nicki minaj

and it sounds much more appealing when she talks about dicks then a dude with a voice like rick ross

so if you identify with your sexuality in hip-hop more than with hip hop itself we have a problem

lets say a gay rapper has the same content as a straight rapper, why does he need to be a ''gay rapper'' and not just a rapper ?

that tells me that his lyrics will be gay too, i don't want gay lyrics

The same difference there is in Hip Hop between a black rapper and a white rapper. They are not the same. And yes, it would be totally different if Will Smith had come out of the closet. There would finally be a gay mega star...a gay mega RAP star at that, period. That alone would change every book every written on Hip Hop. It would also have to then tell the story of how Hip Hop has kept this mind altering fact "in the closet."

The difference is that gay rappers have another prospective that should be heard. It's just as real as sellin' dope on the street, their are just as many people out there who can relate to the stories, and it deserves the same opportunity and support that Hip Hop gives the niggas shootin' people up and keeping the block "on lock" in a drug stupor.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

what's the point of dividing rap in gay's and no gay's ?

if i want to listen about sucking dicks i can still turn to nicki minaj

and it sounds much more appealing when she talks about dicks then a dude with a voice like rick ross

so if you identify with your sexuality in hip-hop more than with hip hop itself we have a problem

lets say a gay rapper has the same content as a straight rapper, why does he need to be a ''gay rapper'' and not just a rapper ?

that tells me that his lyrics will be gay too, i don't want gay lyrics

You don't "want" gay lyrics, but what you don't know is that a lot of those lyrics you spit come from gay men pretending to be "like you." The lyrics still came out of a gay mouth, it just didn't say gay things.

And you are right, there really doesn't have to be a difference, but straight men in Hip Hop have made it perfectly clear that there is a major difference in "us" and "them." So in that, gay men have to assert themselves as well and say "we have a voice, and it's just as good if not better than yours." There has to be a difference because Hip Hop has made it that way.

i want gay bullying to stop, all kinds of bullying should stop

but its part of our world, its part of the human being, that in every group there are strong and weak ones

if that system didn't exist the would be no music business, no stars

yes bullying sucks, but what's even worse is taking it personal

the single most important thing in this world is having balls anyway

so if gay rappers can give gay kids confidence I'm all up for that

what doesn't affect your life shouldn't concern you, so do you, do what you want man, we need to evolve

djpolair

you know the rap doesn't have to be sexual to support LGBT rights
it could be about how gay people are made martyrs by society
which would fall completely in line with what rap is all about.

Just like how public enemy gave it to the man over their civil rights battles.

Ivantheking said it
it would be a new perspective that should be heard just like any other

Let them do them. Hell.....these young cats today weak ass hell anyway for allowing the shit. So IDGAF. Throw that EDM/trap shit in their with them.

Niggas getting out of prison.......rapping about taking the booty......licking a punks neck like he his biitch........got these straight niggas wanting to take a nigga booty on the mic.......that's that shit I don't like.

Last edited:
901_rice_street

who knows.

Maybe a gay rapper will come along that will make the whole scene look "weak as hell"

if they've got the skills,
they've got the skills
period

Back