So Meek Mill, Game, Chief Keef ALL FLOPPED?? Safe to Say?

Keef pushed 50K confirmed... He may have some singles on this album, but I don't know if the label is really going to push it, considering those 1st week numbers.

The industry is putting more and more weight into first week numbers, particularly with new artists. Someone like Game could get away with some weak 1st week sales, but his fanbase will likely continue to purchase his albums as the weeks and months pass by. With a new artist, if 1st week tanks, and there is little buzz to begin with, I'm not sure how much further the label will go to push the artist with marketing and such. The kid blew off his video shoot with 50 (big single); he already got in legal trouble over that jojo kid and shooting at the range. It might be too big of a headache for Interscope. It'll be interesting

Keef pushed 50K confirmed... He may have some singles on this album, but I don't know if the label is really going to push it, considering those 1st week numbers.

The industry is putting more and more weight into first week numbers, particularly with new artists. Someone like Game could get away with some weak 1st week sales, but his fanbase will likely continue to purchase his albums as the weeks and months pass by. With a new artist, if 1st week tanks, and there is little buzz to begin with, I'm not sure how much further the label will go to push the artist with marketing and such. The kid blew off his video shoot with 50 (big single); he already got in legal trouble over that jojo kid and shooting at the range. It might be too big of a headache for Interscope. It'll be interesting

he signed to interscope, for them to push 50 + isn't a big deal

Im happy to hear chief is a flop. People need to learn to stop hyping up rappers that have ZERO skill or talent honestly. I could write a better 8 bars waking up out of bead hung over then the trash this kid puts out.For god sakes he rhymes the word boys 100x in that annoying ass song of his.I would much prefer for the labels to get this kid a ghost writer if they just want to use their image that is fine with me my ears will thank them.
this x12

Nahh in todays standart i wouldnt say they flopped. For Game, he didnt really promote his album that much + he didnt have a hot single. But the album turned out better than what most people expected and he is outta his interscope deal now. He just wanted to realease that shit

Last edited:
Show money makes up for the flop... They will be good... And plus who doesn't flop these days ? Only rappers who really sell are wayne, drake, kanye, jay, nicki minaj, eminem, and mmg.. That's really it..

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

If he do it will be next week....he about to do a Game 100 bars and running. Only way he has a chance.

Meek probably ain't gonna respond even if Cassidy ether's him assuming cassidy makes another diss..

Meek Mill Not Dropping Anymore Cassidy Disses

Probably aint gonna respond to this neither dude from cassidy crew who just dropped a diss

I think as long as the label doesn't give up on Meek's album he'll still have a possible chance to go gold. As far as Game is concerned I'm not surprised, his 15 minutes are pretty much up I like him though. Cheif Keef? One hit wonder.

I really don't understand how is the listeners the ones saying that albums floppped when they have no idea about none of these albums budgets,advancements,or expectations.If you don't know any of this information then all this flop talk need to stop ASAP because that is the only way you can determine who flopped or not.If the label make more back then they spent on the album then it isn't a flop its a success.If they don't make the money back that they put in it then it maybe a flop but only time can determine that.And as you can see flops should only concern people that had a hand in investing in the album and its really non of the listeners business who flopped.The problem why hip hop isn't selling like it used to has alot to do with bootlegging but also the fans know too much now that they should have no clue about and worry about everything but the music all you hear is such and such sold more than such and such,such and such album flopped so they not popping like we though they were,such and such didn't sell as much as i thought they would've.Instead of fans versing the quality of album they verses sales.
Nowadays its like
Sales Vs Quality Music
Sales>>>Quality Music
Instead of
Quality Music Vs Quality Music
You don't if people are the artists fans or accountants

#49. Chief Keef - Finally Rich - 12,000 (91,000)

FLOPPED

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I really don't understand how is the listeners the ones saying that albums floppped when they have no idea about none of these albums budgets,advancements,or expectations.If you don't know any of this information then all this flop talk need to stop ASAP because that is the only way you can determine who flopped or not.If the label make more back then they spent on the album then it isn't a flop its a success.If they don't make the money back that they put in it then it maybe a flop but only time can determine that.And as you can see flops should only concern people that had a hand in investing in the album and its really non of the listeners business who flopped.The problem why hip hop isn't selling like it used to has alot to do with bootlegging but also the fans know too much now that they should have no clue about and worry about everything but the music all you hear is such and such sold more than such and such,such and such album flopped so they not popping like we though they were,such and such didn't sell as much as i thought they would've.Instead of fans versing the quality of album they verses sales.
Nowadays its like
Sales Vs Quality Music
Sales>>>Quality Music
Instead of
Quality Music Vs Quality Music
You don't if people are the artists fans or accountants

WTF are you babbling about? The entire purpose of this site is to discuss anything and everything that involves hiphop! That includes the music, sonic element, record sales, flows, whatever!

Your logic: "Oh you shouldn't talk about whether the music stinks, because you didn't have a hand in producing it! You didn't play keys, or arrange the strings or drums, so you really have no place in talking about it!"

People on this site are trying to "make it" in the music business. You're saying that they shouldn't be concerned with which artists sell, and why they sell? You'd rather people be ignorant to the business of music? LOL!:hmmm:

^^^^^here is something to think about. If a lot of these artist are flops according to the numbers you see.....then it was more flops in the past that people thought were "great". Everybody didn't go gold who were "hot at the moment". So to be all excited about Chief Keef....(only selling 12,000 in a week adding to almost 100k)...doesn't make sense when you think about where he came from into the music.

It's really all some hating shit when you think about it. Like saying Meek Mill flop when he is shy of doing numbers that artist who were all over BET and MTV did.....or used a popular superstar artist/producers name to get on. There is no more of that hype. There is no more coat tail grabbing like it was.....yet those artist went gold atleast way back then. Mike Will is not Lil Jon.....who was a popluar artist who made beats....so when you hear him go "yeeeeeaaaah" you buy who ever the artist is. Or Pharell singing the hook.

Real talk. It's not fair to think that way. Numbers do lie....don't fall for the stupidity. 90% of yall just want to make beats....you are not artist material. You want to hide behind your computer to make money. Soooooooo........you automatically delete yourselves from making that mega producer money...you have nothing else to offer.

Last edited:
The point of the thread was not just to hate on Meek/Keef. The point was to determine why these albums didn't do well, even though the artists had significant hype in the media and marketing pushing their albums. They were hot in the street. They were hot on MTV/BET. They even have singles with large artists but they still didn't do well. Why?

The other question is "If the album didn't do well, will the record labels drop the artists or continue pushing singles off the album?"

the point wasn't just to hate. I asked that in the first post.

The point of the thread was not just to hate on Meek/Keef. The point was to determine why these albums didn't do well, even though the artists had significant hype in the media and marketing pushing their albums. They were hot in the street. They were hot on MTV/BET. They even have singles with large artists but they still didn't do well. Why?

The other question is "If the album didn't do well, will the record labels drop the artists or continue pushing singles off the album?"

the point wasn't just to hate. I asked that in the first post.
What kinda of numbers did you expect Chief Keef to do though? This is Chief Keef we are talking about not Drake or Wayne. What is doing well and what is flopping for Chief Keef especially by todays standards? Meek had higher first week numbers than 2 chainz who's album isn't considered a flop.

I like the new way of the industry now that not everyone can just go platinum based on having industry backing.

10 years ago ,if you didnt sell a mill and you were a major artist you were a failure.

It feels good knowing that if you sell a million records in this climate, you DID SOMETHING RIGHT.

And yeah, agree about the MMG thing. Ross "ima boss, i come out in gucci in chicago *****", you aint no boss pussy, he was jsut a ****ing cop who learned the boss swag off some old head serving life in dade county and used that dudes bars to make money. When gangstas called out 50, saying he couldnt come to here and there, that m'****a showed up in all those spots on his own and earned his ****ing respect. Ross cancels shows; and if you been to a Ross show, you know its a dissapointing "concert", i'd rather see Lady Gaga lipsync rather than that fat ****, atleast Gaga can dance, is sexy and can stand up for more than 15 minutes at a time.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

but BMF and aston martin music r def my jams

Right on.

I would assume that the labels expected both artists to go Gold. For Meek, Ross and Wale both pushed Gold and more hype was places on Meek

Keef, I expected 350k. Some people on this thread reasoned that Wale has more appeal; Meek's fan base is younger and more apt to download for free. Some of the reasons sound plausible. That's what the point of this thread was...to get a discussion going.

What kinda of numbers did you expect Chief Keef to do though? This is Chief Keef we are talking about not Drake or Wayne. What is doing well and what is flopping for Chief Keef especially by todays standards? Meek had higher first week numbers than 2 chainz who's album isn't considered a flop.

Back