So Meek Mill, Game, Chief Keef ALL FLOPPED?? Safe to Say?

I think meek should drop MMG like game did Gunit.. not drop as in drop labels, i mean DROP THAT ASS MUSICALLY..

He should go ahead and bite that hand. Take the beef and run with it. shut ross down and take half of his fans, diss him on wax, diss MMG and make up funny shit that is catchy and will stick.. sell more mixtapes, go on tour, and save his carrer like game had to do.. Ross seems to cancell all his shows sinse the U-Know-What started happening..

just crossed my mind, nothing serious. aHa!!

you sound like hater bruh

Uhh it took 2 chainz 4 months to go gold and his album sold 147k first week iono how you gonna say meek is flopping when he sold 165k first week and his album only been out for 2 months. He's currently just under 300k. He will probably hit gold 3 or 4 months from now. Going gold is damn near like going platinum in the early 2000's these days/

lol! I'm trying so hard not to be offensive.

Meek Mill a flop? lol! smh. I agree with Game being a flop.

What about Kendrick Lamar? Oh......he is gold.....he straight right?

T.I doing 250k first week.

You want to go 2x platinum no matter the era? You got to be a goofy, corny ass party animal type dude like Nelly. Make drunk business people do corny shit in the club.

YIIIIIIIPES!!!!

Last edited:
Keef got a video game placement with Love Sosa being featured in GTA 5 if I am not mistaken.

If these n1ggas flopped then thats the label's problem.If a n1gga album flop that doesn't mean they don't have fans or they don't have money or they don't got shows or they album not hot or people don't like them or they career is over or they are going to stop making muisc or they aren't hot it just means that this isn't 2004 nomore and way more people are hipped to the internet or people just didn't buy they buy they album so what thats the labels problem to deal with not the artist or fans.If you don't buy albums and support artists then you shouldn't be worried about sales in the first place

If these n1ggas flopped then thats the label's problem.
Just keep in mind as the record sales drop the percentage the label will take in non-recording revenue from the artist will increase. In the near future I predict it will be the norm for labels to do 80-90/20-10 360 splits on not only artist royalties (long standing standard) but on ALL income generated, just imagine what fun it will be to bust your ass doing a show for 15k and only seeing 4 of that while the label takes the other 11. And then you have to pay your management and other normal overhead out of that 4.

As of 2012 I've heard of a label asking for 40% of a new artist's touring money as a starting point in the contract negotiations so it won't be too long before they make the 50/50 split standard to mirror a traditional publishing deal. And then after that it will start to snowball down the ladder in the label's favor as the streaming game takes full control of the landscape (and the labels get big money off this streaming licensing deal but how much of that goes back to the artist????).

Last edited:
I'm not naming names but I think these days some people just should not put out an album at all. Why bother? What's the point? Cake off of guest verses, release singles, put out a hot mixtape, and tour/do shows on the strength of all of that...then rinse and repeat. Why take the risk of an album? I feel like if you're not going to do a real, cohesive album than don't do one at all. Look at every album recently that's "flopped", what's the formula? A grip of 6 month old tracks that we're already tired of, plus a ton of shameless guest appearances. One for the club, one for the ladies, one for the thugs, and one introspective one. No cohesiveness at all, just a random assortment of easily forgettable tracks. Frankly I'm not even trying to hear that shit anymore, so I'm definitely not going to be paying to hear it.

Two of my favorite albums in the past few years have been Kendrick's album and Drake's 'Take Care' - both of these albums did well commercially and critically, and what do they have in common? Drake and Kendrick more or less had complete creative control over the album. The albums said something. They flowed naturally from start to finish. There have been a ton of major albums released in-between those that just seemed forced and outdated. No one's trying to hear that shit. Chief Keef's songs are slappin and dude's got charisma and a nice following, but a full album? like a cd in the stores? why??? who's idea was that?? I don't understand why albums are the holy grail of everything. "wait till so and so's album drops" etc... then it gets shelved for a year, then leaked, then it drops and no one gives a ****. Everything the artist does in that time more or less is to push the album. This process seems antiquated and I'd like to see it change; it just seems like a huge waste of money for everybody at the end of the day and also a bad album can chisel away at an artist's reputation.

I'm not naming names but I think these days some people just should not put out an album at all. Why bother? What's the point? Cake off of guest verses, release singles, put out a hot mixtape, and tour/do shows on the strength of all of that...then rinse and repeat.
50 Cent and Ludacris are two names that immediately come to mind...

Record sales don't mean anything these days, people are downloading everything. As long as their shit gets played they'll have shows and with the shows comes the money.

I will say I've managed to listen to all of these albums all the way through on the long drives associated with the holidays and on headphones.

My opinions:

Meek Mill album: Sounds like one long song, voice annoying after 4 songs, mediocre songs 3/10
The Game: Top notch beats, a couple of singles, bangs in the whip, Ali Bomaye might be one of the hardest tracks of the year...and Pray is my sheeeet 9/10
Chief Keef: Killer beats throughout, infectious/hilarious hooks( Laugh To The Bank), terrible rhymes/verses, sounds cohesive, great for the car when you're not listening to lyrics 8/10
Kendrick Lamar: Cohesive album, great hooks, great rhymes, the singles fit perfectly into album, weird voices could turn off casual listener 10/10
Big Boi: great individual songs, a few missteps that are immediate skip-worthy, very artistic album, suffers from too-many-tracks syndrome 6/10

These guys flopped because their shit is boring...its not that good...chief keef is garbage no hate im just being real....meeks album didnt live up to the hype...game's album is great but with little to no promotion thats what you can expect....but overall it takes GREAT music and the machine to do big numbers....idk where people come up with these philosophies ab the industry man. IF YOU MAKE DOPE SHIT THAT APPEALS TO A BROAD AUDIENCE YOU WILL SELL....IF YOU DONT YOU WONT...thats just how it is..a lot of artists do well...the top sellers in hip hop are the top sellers b/c they make the best shit or in some point in their career they made the best shit (YE EM DRAKE WAYNE JAY) shit even nas has a chance at gold yall are goofy

Man I've never heard a dude get bodied like this before. I heard Cassidy's shit.....then I listen to this and can't stop laughing. That's what I'm talking bout...ate his ass up!

lmao!! Man everytime I listen to this I laugh hard. There is nothing Cassidy can do to come back. lmaoooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Maybe go to Smack......only way.

Meek > Kendrick.......in my book.

Last edited:
The internet got everyone fvcked up. I don't know who the hell is buy music these days. Why when you can stream everything for free not to mention downloading for free with things like youtube downloaders. Youtube is gold...thats where you go when you can't find a song somewhere else. Old classics and the latest joints.

Could the mixtape game be another problem with music these days? Artist use mixtapes to keep their buzz going also they can get show money from performing those songs as well. What happens when your mixtape is hotter than your album/ CD?

The Game latest was cool but felt more like a mixtape. Maybe the cover art makes it seem like a mixtape?

People are still using old thinking. Put it out and they will buy.... no, that won't happen. Put it out and they will probably listen... yes, that's the new.

ISK was right too. People want fun music. That thug ish is played out... except to depressed people. Put out something fun (with a dance) your song is going to hit other outlets that will make people LOOK.... umm (Gangnam style anyone?)

It's almost like people think an SUV is going to be more appealing than a hybrid with gas prices the way they are. Thinking shifts from generation to generation. I know I sound like an old man on here sometime but me and my wife were talking yesterday about how generational gaps are. She told me that she could pass off her friend named LORRAINE to dudes that didn't know her and I told that women with old ass names like Helen and Gertrude just don't spark the imagination...

bytches could be bad as hell...

Man I've never heard a dude get bodied like this before. I heard Cassidy's shit.....then I listen to this and can't stop laughing. That's what I'm talking bout...ate his ass up!

lmao!! Man everytime I listen to this I laugh hard. There is nothing Cassidy can do to come back. lmaoooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Maybe go to Smack......only way.

Meek > Kendrick.......in my book.

"I was around before that clown could even get his braids done" Cassidy

Waiting for round two I got it even so far

Last edited:
Back