So Meek Mill, Game, Chief Keef ALL FLOPPED?? Safe to Say?

B

BIGMOZ

Meek pushed less than 10K units last week and is under 300K total. I can't see that album pushing gold. Game pushed 87K his first week...that shit will fall off to less than 30K this week. I can't see that pushing gold either.

Chief keef projected to push 50K his first week.

Are album sales as important as they were historically? Do you see labels continuing to push these artists or just cutting their losses?

I can see them continuing to push Game because he's put out 5 albums, has an established fan base, and at the least he can continue to sell ticket shows, merchandise, etc. Chief Keef and Mill flopped for their first album so I'm not sure how forgiving the labels will be with these guys. Im interested in seeing how Frenchie does in March

as long as the show money is good.. they're fine. Show and Radio.. and all 3 of those artists have songs on their album that could be singles.

Chief Keef got 5 singles on his album
Game got at least 3
and Meek.. i mean.. Meek kinda assed out, dont really hear anything on there that could pop off as a single, and Amen is old. Back to the drawing board for Meek

You could also look at it as thug music not selling well anymore.....which also makes sense in this climate.....

If trouble man flops then it's all bad

people want that soft shit.

LOL
4rill though, hip hop is flopping as a whole, GAME re-did the first of the month beat, SMH big time.
Meek, He is well know, but nobody i know knows one of his songs by name.. hell, neihter can I.

And Keef, he has I dont like and Love Sosa.. sosa song need a flow switch up, i dont see how people listen to that shit over and over again. he shoulda spit 8 bars and switched that shit up alil bit.. again SMH..

I love to complain, because nobody else will do it. Its needed. Somebody shoulda told meek his shit wassent all that, MMG cant save a wak album. All his Yes Men should have been like, Yo.... NO!!

The internet got everyone fvcked up. I don't know who the hell is buy music these days. Why when you can stream everything for free not to mention downloading for free with things like youtube downloaders. Youtube is gold...thats where you go when you can't find a song somewhere else. Old classics and the latest joints.

Could the mixtape game be another problem with music these days? Artist use mixtapes to keep their buzz going also they can get show money from performing those songs as well. What happens when your mixtape is hotter than your album/ CD?

The Game latest was cool but felt more like a mixtape. Maybe the cover art makes it seem like a mixtape?

people want that soft shit.

LOL
4rill though, hip hop is flopping as a whole, GAME re-did the first of the month beat, SMH big time.
Meek, He is well know, but nobody i know knows one of his songs by name.. hell, neihter can I.

And Keef, he has I dont like and Love Sosa.. sosa song need a flow switch up, i dont see how people listen to that shit over and over again. he shoulda spit 8 bars and switched that shit up alil bit.. again SMH..

I love to complain, because nobody else will do it. Its needed. Somebody shoulda told meek his shit wassent all that, MMG cant save a wak album. All his Yes Men should have been like, Yo.... NO!!

What was wack about Meek's album?

You gotta understand the audience people like chief keef and meek mill have

because you see, their fan base is limited to young male teenagers, id say age 15-25

that demographic almost entirely download, the sales they have is actual support, label bought records and so on, their sales will fall down quick and die out

a dude like game has a large following, to dudes way up into their 40's, 50's and many female fans as well, so games sales are better than these other cats and they will continue to push game for the simple reason of his history and his name, he's a star and his name guarantee sales, meek mill and chief keef first gotta proof that they can last a couple years and keep gaining fanbase, rather than losing fans as they seem to do, they buzz and die off, game was lucky to hit it big with g-unit and getting work with dr dre

chief keef attitude will ruin him and meek's label don't have the kind of financial resources to support an artist with such a limited demographic

Trouble man projected to push 170K first week!

You could also look at it as thug music not selling well anymore.....which also makes sense in this climate.....

If trouble man flops then it's all bad

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

If it was demographics, why did 2 chain do so well? He's gold. Wale pushed gold. There's a few other rappers that pushe gold this year that market to the same demographic

You gotta understand the audience people like chief keef and meek mill have

because you see, their fan base is limited to young male teenagers, id say age 15-25

that demographic almost entirely download, the sales they have is actual support, label bought records and so on, their sales will fall down quick and die out

a dude like game has a large following, to dudes way up into their 40's, 50's and many female fans as well, so games sales are better than these other cats and they will continue to push game for the simple reason of his history and his name, he's a star and his name guarantee sales, meek mill and chief keef first gotta proof that they can last a couple years and keep gaining fanbase, rather than losing fans as they seem to do, they buzz and die off, game was lucky to hit it big with g-unit and getting work with dr dre

chief keef attitude will ruin him and meek's label don't have the kind of financial resources to support an artist with such a limited demographic

I think meek should drop MMG like game did Gunit.. not drop as in drop labels, i mean DROP THAT ASS MUSICALLY..

He should go ahead and bite that hand. Take the beef and run with it. shut ross down and take half of his fans, diss him on wax, diss MMG and make up funny shit that is catchy and will stick.. sell more mixtapes, go on tour, and save his carrer like game had to do.. Ross seems to cancell all his shows sinse the U-Know-What started happening..

just crossed my mind, nothing serious. aHa!!

If it was demographics, why did 2 chain do so well? He's gold. Wale pushed gold. There's a few other rappers that pushe gold this year that market to the same demographic

2 chainz had several hit songs with people such as drake, kanye west or lil wayne, that makes him international, and appeal to a larger audience, as for wale, dude has serious bars that appeal to people well beyond their 30's, that's why

Trouble man projected to push 170K first week!

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

2chainz has a much bigger reach than those other artists

bigger singles, bigger records, bigger features

No Lie, Mercy, Birthday Song, I'm Different, Beez in Da Trap, Bands A Make Her Dance, ****in Problems

same with Wale
That Way, Lotus Flower Bomb.. bigger network, longer fanbase.

Right but my point was that these artists flopped...so should the label keep pushing them or cut their losses? Show money will get cut if the label quits pushing them, or the label will quit pushing if they see ticket sale decreases.

2chainz has a much bigger reach than those other artists

bigger singles, bigger records, bigger features

No Lie, Mercy, Birthday Song, I'm Different, Beez in Da Trap, Bands A Make Her Dance, ****in Problems

same with Wale
That Way, Lotus Flower Bomb.. bigger network, longer fanbase.

Right but my point was that these artists flopped...so should the label keep pushing them or cut their losses? Show money will get cut if the label quits pushing them, or the label will quit pushing if they see ticket sale decreases.

Why should they cut the biggest buzzing hip-hop artist' they have ?

Chainz in good music, one of the most popular new rappers, his concerts will bring in some good money, same for MMG

The business ain't always sunshine and rainbows, sales are decreasing for everybody

i dont know if you can consider first week sales a flop or not, all you need is one single to boost your album sales. Like i said Chief Keef got a whole lot of singles on that album. Love Sosa took off unexpectedly, still got No Tomorrow and Hate Bein Sober with 50 and Wiz on there. Which i could see them both being really really really big records

Labels not gonna cut ties just because they never really do. They just put you on the shelf till you drop a hit, or till you get fed up and force yourself out.

I like the new way of the industry now that not everyone can just go platinum based on having industry backing.

10 years ago ,if you didnt sell a mill and you were a major artist you were a failure.

It feels good knowing that if you sell a million records in this climate, you DID SOMETHING RIGHT.

And yeah, agree about the MMG thing. Ross "ima boss, i come out in gucci in chicago *****", you aint no boss pussy, he was jsut a ****ing cop who learned the boss swag off some old head serving life in dade county and used that dudes bars to make money. When gangstas called out 50, saying he couldnt come to here and there, that m'****a showed up in all those spots on his own and earned his ****ing respect. Ross cancels shows; and if you been to a Ross show, you know its a dissapointing "concert", i'd rather see Lady Gaga lipsync rather than that fat ****, atleast Gaga can dance, is sexy and can stand up for more than 15 minutes at a time.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

but BMF and aston martin music r def my jams

With Meek getting signed to MMG less than 2 years ago and sale 167,000 on his first album thats more than Nas and 2 Chainz first week sales and it came 2 months ago and yall got the nerve to call that a flop i label yall haters and yall mad yall can't get yall beats to Ross and MMG or got your beats rejected.

Last edited:
Im happy to hear chief is a flop. People need to learn to stop hyping up rappers that have ZERO skill or talent honestly. I could write a better 8 bars waking up out of bead hung over then the trash this kid puts out.For god sakes he rhymes the word boys 100x in that annoying ass song of his.I would much prefer for the labels to get this kid a ghost writer if they just want to use their image that is fine with me my ears will thank them.

Back