RIP Scratch Magazine

That really sucks, I love reading this magazine every couple months. They better gimme my damn subscription money back....

i think it was destined to fail.. the REAL beatmakers and people interested in the history of hiphop production and equipment are only a few in the world.. a lot of other so called producers just download a program and call themselves producers.. now i'm not saying anything is wrong with software cuz there isn't, but one must master their crafter whether it's on a computer, mpc, sp, or even pots and pans.. i knew scratch was going down the drain when elliot wilson started working for them.. i never liked dude's articles since his days at the source in the 90s.. he's just a big hater and if it isn't his way, it's the wrong way.. the magazine was becoming another vibe/xxl/source anyway.. the more issues that were coming out, the less about production was being mentioned in each one.. i don't want to hear about ti and lil wayne's albums coming out if it's not about production...silly stuff...they tried to make it a magazine for everyone(a great business practice) and not just producers(what made it not as good as the early issues)

Last edited by a moderator:
i knew it wouldn't be long before 50 got a cover since the head editor at XXL is at scratch...

Looks like a great issue:rolleyes:

-Timbaland explains why “pop is the new hip-hop,” why he’s still homies with Scott Storch and why he’s had trouble working with Jay-Z and Missy Elliott.

Definitely going to miss them. They really tried hard, and to me, succeeded at what they wanted to portray.

NNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Damn the government!!!!!...just playing

but i loved that magazine man

I stopped buying it anyway.

I buy Computer Music and Future Music... at least you get some free software and sound libraries with those... and they are all about gear.

I don't care what Timbo and the rest use... I need to know what the reviews say about the stuff I might entertain using.

The last two issues of Scratch I bought were only to make my music making room look good, lol. I didn't even read them joints.

I read them! I have all the issues! And since issue #1 with dre on it, scratch magazine has always inspired me to make music. I'm not going to stop making music just because the mag is no longer there but it was always a extra push to produce. And it wasn't about what dre or timbo used, it was about getting some inside info on how that conduct themselves in the studio. And what is going on in their heads when producing or working with an artist? Scratch magazine was so much more than a magazine it was like being mentored by these top producers.

Last edited:
Bastids, and I JUST renewed my subscription like 1 or 2 issues ago.:mad:

Back