New sampler/sequencer/beat machine from Beatkangz

ironbeatchef said:
Thats really what it boils down to.
The BeatKangs are young producers like us,and im expecting some fresh Ideas out of them.
We need to support movements like this in music production gear.

That's why I really want them to succeed, but the way that they are going about marketing this thing is ridiculous. I want to feel like I am spending money on a product that the creators take seriously, and I don't get that feeling from anything that I have seen from the Beat Kangs so far.

How did I almost let this release whithout me...

First off the streetboxx did it for me. For a long time. Until I pawned it. Just say no people.

Ok second, If this does what the streetboxx did for the mobile producer, AND it includes all that I've seen in the video's and read on this forum, I will support the Beat Kangz, BKE, and this machine to the fullest.

All I do is make beats. Day and night. I feel your hunger and pain fellas. Im PROUD

And to think this is just the second machine. Well the first alone. Imagine the possibilities.

p.s. I dont know what zoom did to you, but the Streetboxx is the only reason I ever started using zoom products.

Deo
"If I died today... Would i be done? Or a nother nigga wishin" =Myself

Youve never been happy peole?

They are serious, but it seems that all of you on here are like everyone else.
Have you never been excited. I mean amped about something thats happened in your entire career? So happy that even though others looked at you like ... dam they trippin, or Calm down?

And all you can think is YEAH RIGHT. You see this right here? We did that!
Well I have, and I must say they will calm down, but being from the south can do that at times. Blankin is in their blood.

Just remember how you sounded when you told your friend in school about the first time you got some. I was Blankin

You just know that ad was written by some cooperate dude in a suit.

You think using dumb ass language will make us buy it?

as a long time user of many different machines from the mp-7, asr-x pro, mpc 2kxl, ect... I gotta say I've been loking for a good portable beat machine for some time now. the mpc 1000 wasn't really portable (no battery) and the 500 is just lame. this thing looks really cool (esthetically it's not every ones' cup of tea but it looks way better than the streetbox that looked like a toy) what I'm looking to see is a demo of it sampling and chopping and editing. if it can do that well than it might just make my list of must haves. as of right now I'm keeping optimistic about it. and yes I am a die hard mpc user and no I don't look at it as a replacement merely an addition and really a portable solution!

as a long time user of many different machines from the mp-7, asr-x pro, mpc 2kxl, ect... I gotta say I've been loking for a good portable beat machine for some time now. the mpc 1000 wasn't really portable (no battery) and the 500 is just lame. this thing looks really cool (esthetically it's not every ones' cup of tea but it looks way better than the streetbox that looked like a toy) what I'm looking to see is a demo of it sampling and chopping and editing. if it can do that well than it might just make my list of must haves. as of right now I'm keeping optimistic about it. and yes I am a die hard mpc user and no I don't look at it as a replacement merely an addition and really a portable solution!

where do u get off sounding so open minded?!?!? why cant you be a pessimistic, skeptical, malcontent like erbody else??

show off.

ONE

They are serious, but it seems that all of you on here are like everyone else.
Have you never been excited. I mean amped about something thats happened in your entire career? So happy that even though others looked at you like ... dam they trippin, or Calm down?

And all you can think is YEAH RIGHT. You see this right here? We did that!
Well I have, and I must say they will calm down, but being from the south can do that at times.

It's one thing to be excited, but these guys don't know how to impress people with they hardware. They haven't even put out more info on the exact specs. Shhhht with their marketing I'm not surprised people are having more doubts than ever before!

Remember how these cats have set it their goal to beat the **** out of Akai's MPC1000? The most popular MPC of Akai in recent time, probably even of all time. That's not an easy task even if the machine turns out to be any good.

I'm sure that's why there's a lot of haters already.

i do like the machine, but i need to see the sampling capabilities... all machines can make drum patterns... having a good sequencer shouldnt be hard these days... also... i really dont like the light features if u cant turn it off... if it really does run on batteries as well, all those lights are gonna kill the amount of time u can actually play with it.

da relic

i do like the machine, but i need to see the sampling capabilities... all machines can make drum patterns... having a good sequencer shouldnt be hard these days... also... i really dont like the light features if u cant turn it off... if it really does run on batteries as well, all those lights are gonna kill the amount of time u can actually play with it.

da relic

I agree with the light features not being able to be turned off, it will be dope to see if it can be disabled.

like everyone else, I just want to see what it really CAN do.

Those few led lights are hardly going to drain crazy amounts of battery power.

Look at other portable machines like the SP-404, they have leds under the pads as well and there's more than enough time you can mess with them before you need to change batteries.

That's without a doubt the last thing that would bother me from this machine. No, I'm more interested in seeing the actual sampling capabilities from the hardware. Together with some updated specs of what their machine is really going to be like.

Those few led lights are hardly going to drain crazy amounts of battery power.

Look at other portable machines like the SP-404, they have leds under the pads as well and there's more than enough time you can mess with them before you need to change batteries.

That's without a doubt the last thing that would bother me from this machine. No, I'm more interested in seeing the actual sampling capabilities from the hardware. Together with some updated specs of what their machine is really going to be like.

yeah I feel that, I've never used a lighted pad machine.

I want to see the sampling features, how they implement slicing, fx, and such.

I want to see what it can really do, right now it's still a bit cryptic.

hope ur right about the lights bcuz based on the vids ive seen, that thing really lights up and gets really bright... i hope thats just an initial "power up" thing and nothing more.

da relic

man, the updates specs are here in another post, I don't freakin care about the lights yo, the specs are insane. The sequencer can go from 96-996ppq man lol, you chose lol.

it even has storage space in the ROM for those without sd cards man lol.

It's not even a matter of 'if' it's 'when' I get my hands on it lol.

I'm pretty sure the lights don't make that big of a difference on the battery, I'm sure they thought about that.

things are looking good, only a few more months and we'll actually get to see it.

yea... im pretty much sold on it as well... but we've all seen companies promise something, just to cut corners right b4 it comes out... i believe in them tho, so i'll definately be at the store a few hours messin around with it.

da relic

indeed man, we don't even have a decent gear store in town man, I'm gonna have to drive about 30-60 minutes to get to one, but I'll do it lol.

Most of our stores are mainly guitar and live instrument shops...I've actually thought about opening up a store man lol, that would be dope.

Back