Nelly Says Chief Keef Made Mistake With Record Deal

i hope your very young and naive cuz if you arent you sir are also being duped buying into any of that image bullshit

Guys, I think we were all being sarcastic...lol

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

The other posters are talking to you the way they are because they know what goes into having a major record deal and what that 6 million dollar number represents. Read this blog by Steve Albini, a rock producer. It's alittle long and applies to rock bands but is even worse now for rappers
The Problem With Music :Negativworldwidewebland

And just as a rebuttal to what you said about fame. I don't think even Kanye wants to be as famous as he is.

Now onto the money

That $6 mil involves a lot of different things. It involves his ADVANCE, maybe a signing bonus, his album BUDGET, seed money for a BOUTIQUE label, ADVANCE for tour support, ADVANCE for merchandise, so on and so forth

Its not like jimmy Iovine gave him $6 mil in a 6 duffle bags and said go make me an album. Most of that is promised money depending on certain things happening.

Now talk about what he lost.
Masters rights on all his music including I don't Like and Love Sosa and Understand Me.

85 or 90% of the profits from sales of his singles and albums
10% or more of his show money
10% or more from Merch Money and possibly sponsor money

Now if we assume some of that money has to be spent setting up and employing for his boutique label. He might be left with like 3 mil

So let's be generous and say he has a $3 mil advance if you add up his tour support advance and his Merch advance. Well he has to pay is manager $300,000 and his lawyer at least 150,000 off top. He has to spend some of that money buying the Merch there going to sale and planning the tour. So all that added up is like 1.5 mil if we're being generous. So he now has 1.5 to give half to uncle sam which leaves 750,000. And these are very generous assumptions

Consider the fact that every time he sales a single he gets paid 10 cents. And that ten cents will be used to pay inter scope BACK the $3mil advance he now owes them

Every time he does a show. He's gotta subtract tour expenses, 10% manager fee, 10% booking agent fee, 10% interscope fee, % percentage
witheld to pay back tour advace. And 50% to uncle Sam.

When you add all these up and compare to the pics you posted. Either he's A:
A dumbass spending all his money now with no income in the future
running up his newly found black card

Or B:
Renting the cars
taking pics w/ money b4 the fees and taxes
running up his newly found black card

So that's why the other 2 posters are being patronizing. Both those situations aren't desirable for a man in Chief Keefs position right now. It's all a marketing facade to perpetuate the idea of a hood boss being smatter then the average bear. When in reality he's got almost as many finance issues as his grandma had in the hood.

Damn, THANK YOU~ So sad to see young children with no education, no business sense, being tricked into the smoke and mirrors of the music industry. Take a ****ing business class and learn something before you buy into a rap video.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

LOL how do you know some of these rappers aren't really doing anything special?

You think everyone wants to have a 9-5?

And again you're another person who's comparing RAPPERS to some of the most successful businessmen in the entire world? Are you serious?

Stop trying to compare apples and oranges. Although these rappers aren't making billions, they are still A LOT richer than the average lawyer/doctor and most of them are YOUNG.

I like how you completely disregard "DaBomb" post!

I wasn't gonna do it, but since you insist on holding on to the "rapper" fantasy, hear it from the horses mouth.

yo whats funny about that show is that was made in '02 and rappers were broke THEN. Back when they could go platinum alot easier and sell each album for $15 a pop and even THEN they couldn't pay back there advance.

The part that made me cry was producers back then getting $100,000 advances. Man those must have been the days.....

^^^^ And to think Lex made more money than Lil Jon has made his whole career.....in only two years. (sarcasm)...

and to the googly ignorant.......that was sarcasm.

Tell yall some real shit (tell yall this all the time.) While you are trying to figure out what these up and coming rappers who you think are about to be the next thing to blow up......there was and still is a time where the unknown guy was making way more on his own. If you handle your "business" correctly.....you too can make great money without all of that placement and advance and blah blah blah. (speaking about rappers). BUT.....YOUR ONLY DOWN FALL is that you are just not ENTERTAINING enuff to do it. You are worse than a funny guy at work who makes people laugh on the job..and he decides to be a comedian, AND NOBODY LAUGHS AT HIS ROUTINE. Different crowd, different ball game. This business is strategic. Make your next move your best move once you know how to move. Sometimes you have to take a dick in your ass (not literally) to get to your best move. Shit is chess. You'll never know when that sample beat becomes a bunch of unexpeced success that reaches the dumb MFers looking to expand from it.....annd end your career before it starts because of it. I've had so many opportunities that went wrong over some of the silliest shit. One day.....it could go right over some silly shit......WHAT NEXT THOUGH? Take the good with the bad and go steps in each path before you walk...and don't forget even the silliest reasons why or why not it could be a successful path.

$0.02. Kiss my ass.

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to take a dick in your ass (not literally) to get to your best move.
WHOOOOOAAAA...Pump your breaks, bruh bruh!
I was with you until this part, then I was like:
cheech-wtf.gif
Nuh uh, ain't nobody gon' do me like willy lump lump, literally or figuratively. My best move better be a bowel movement, LMAO!

Last edited:
Nelly is just ****in right!

Chief Keef should've stay on his mixtape grind (w/ Young Chop ofc) cuz he would get his millions just of youtube clicks, advertisment n itunes clicks

but he's still dope though

If y'all really wanted to know, his contract is actually out there for people to see. If you read it, you'll see that the lion's share of that money isn't even in his possession, and won't be unless he sells at least 250K copies. Right now, he's roughly at 125K.

He should change his style

chief is a good rapper but he should change his whole game for better results

What did I just read...lol

pff i'm off to rinse my ears with some biggie smallz.

Last edited:
When you have that kind of lifestyle, you could be dead tomorrow, so take the money right now is probably a no-brainer for them folks :)

Back