Nelly Says Chief Keef Made Mistake With Record Deal

I just hope the young homey focused and can get b ack to business. He got some work to do! That's if he doesn't want to just be flavor of the month.

So what you guys are trying to say is that Chief Keef has not signed a 6 million dollar deal?

That he doesn't drive Ferrari's? That he doesn't have stacks of money taller than ****?

That he doesn't do a lot of shows?

I think you guys are the ones living in the hater bubble.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

And if millions of dollars and being as famous at this point as Kanye or Weezy doesn't impress you, then I believe you need a reality check.

So what you guys are trying to say is that Chief Keef has not signed a 6 million dollar deal?

That he doesn't drive Ferrari's? That he doesn't have stacks of money taller than ****?

greenteasipper: A straw man argument! Sure, that'll get 'em!

Lmao you guys never say anything.

You just dismiss me every time.

All I do is bring new points and all you do is say i'm wrong.

You sound like 8 year olds.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is you guys,

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

...said no mature, intelligent person---ever.

Said the jealous broke man to the correct man.

greenteasipper said:
Why are you internet warriors comparing RAPPERS to the richest businessmen in the world?

agreed. the elitism in here is getting annoying.

No, it doesn't take a lot of money to rent a Ferrari. most major cities have exotic rental companies that specialize in this. most Ferraris can be rented for $1200-1500.00 per-day. No, he probably doesn't "own" the Ferrari. then again most celebrities, athletes, (and 2/3's of people living in Southern California for that matter) don't "own" these kind of cars. A lot of people would actually argue it's smarter NOT to own a Ferrari or an exotic brand out-right due to the rapid depreciation value of cars like this anyway..

...the money Chief Keef is on Instagram with is most likely his show money when all the maintenance fees (entourage, security, 360 splits, and everything else imaginable) is taken out. not going to speak on "how long" I think it'll last (pretty sure it's near over), I just think it's pretty impressive for a dumbass street nigga to be given the chance(s) he's been given. him and Chop aren't as "dumb" as I thought they were.

No, it doesn't take a lot of money to rent a Ferrari. most major cities have exotic rental companies that specialize in this. most Ferraris can be rented for $1200-1500.00 per-day. No, he probably doesn't "own" the Ferrari. then again most celebrities, athletes, (and 2/3's of people living in Southern California for that matter) don't "own" these kind of cars. A lot of people would actually argue it's smarter NOT to own a Ferrari or an exotic brand out-right due to the rapid depreciation value of cars like this anyway..

...the money Chief Keef is on Instagram with is most likely his show money when all the maintenance fees (entourage, security, 360 splits, and everything else imaginable) is taken out. not going to speak on "how long" I think it'll last (pretty sure it's near over), I just think it's pretty impressive for a dumbass street nigga to be given the chance(s) he's been given. him and Chop aren't as "dumb" as I thought they were.
elitism? care to catch us up to date cuz i haven't seen any

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

And if millions of dollars and being as famous at this point as Kanye or Weezy doesn't impress you, then I believe you need a reality check.

The other posters are talking to you the way they are because they know what goes into having a major record deal and what that 6 million dollar number represents. Read this blog by Steve Albini, a rock producer. It's alittle long and applies to rock bands but is even worse now for rappers
The Problem With Music :Negativworldwidewebland

And just as a rebuttal to what you said about fame. I don't think even Kanye wants to be as famous as he is.

Now onto the money

That $6 mil involves a lot of different things. It involves his ADVANCE, maybe a signing bonus, his album BUDGET, seed money for a BOUTIQUE label, ADVANCE for tour support, ADVANCE for merchandise, so on and so forth

Its not like jimmy Iovine gave him $6 mil in a 6 duffle bags and said go make me an album. Most of that is promised money depending on certain things happening.

Now talk about what he lost.
Masters rights on all his music including I don't Like and Love Sosa and Understand Me.

85 or 90% of the profits from sales of his singles and albums
10% or more of his show money
10% or more from Merch Money and possibly sponsor money

Now if we assume some of that money has to be spent setting up and employing for his boutique label. He might be left with like 3 mil

So let's be generous and say he has a $3 mil advance if you add up his tour support advance and his Merch advance. Well he has to pay is manager $300,000 and his lawyer at least 150,000 off top. He has to spend some of that money buying the Merch there going to sale and planning the tour. So all that added up is like 1.5 mil if we're being generous. So he now has 1.5 to give half to uncle sam which leaves 750,000. And these are very generous assumptions

Consider the fact that every time he sales a single he gets paid 10 cents. And that ten cents will be used to pay inter scope BACK the $3mil advance he now owes them

Every time he does a show. He's gotta subtract tour expenses, 10% manager fee, 10% booking agent fee, 10% interscope fee, % percentage
witheld to pay back tour advace. And 50% to uncle Sam.

When you add all these up and compare to the pics you posted. Either he's A:
A dumbass spending all his money now with no income in the future
running up his newly found black card

Or B:
Renting the cars
taking pics w/ money b4 the fees and taxes
running up his newly found black card

So that's why the other 2 posters are being patronizing. Both those situations aren't desirable for a man in Chief Keefs position right now. It's all a marketing facade to perpetuate the idea of a hood boss being smatter then the average bear. When in reality he's got almost as many finance issues as his grandma had in the hood.

Where u been shawty? i thought u just laying low in the theory section working on yo music. It took a chief keef thread to pull u out of lurk status. lol.
Shit just last year we're talking bout how this cat the best thing poppin. Funny how time changes, and how quickly fame can go away.
I'm starting to understand why a lot of FP vets just lurk. This shit is funny.

Last edited:
It deeply pains me to see people worshiping these rappers.

They're selling an image, a brand. That's what every rapper is...they are a form of brand name......

Let me guess....Ricky Rozay the Bawse is really trappin too huh? He launders the money through his ent ventures and is selling bricks on the low right?

There is people in suits that you've never heard of. They're who is making the real money. They're the ones handing chief keef those stacks and saying hey, you wanna pose for a picture with this? Hey....you wanna borrow this watch to rock around?

Money isn't power. Knowledge is power. Get the knowledge, then you get the money. It doesn't work the other way around.

It's hilarious. You never see movie buffs screaming BRUCE WILLIS REALLY DOES EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE MOVIES IN REAL LIFE! HE REALLY KILLS PEOPLE AND IS A TOTAL BAD ASS! THE MOVIES ARE NOT FAKE THEYRE REAL!!!!!!! THEY JUST SAY THEYRE MOVIES SO THEY CANT GO JAILZ

Last edited:
It deeply pains me to see people worshiping these rappers.

They're selling an image, a brand. That's what every rapper is...they are a form of brand name......

Let me guess....Ricky Rozay the Bawse is really trappin too huh? He launders the money through his ent ventures and is selling bricks on the low right?

There is people in suits that you've never heard of. They're who is making the real money. They're the ones handing chief keef those stacks and saying hey, you wanna pose for a picture with this? Hey....you wanna borrow this watch to rock around?

Money isn't power. Knowledge is power. Get the knowledge, then you get the money. It doesn't work the other way around.

It's hilarious. You never see movie buffs screaming BRUCE WILLIS REALLY DOES EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE MOVIES IN REAL LIFE! HE REALLY KILLS PEOPLE AND IS A TOTAL BAD ASS! THE MOVIES ARE NOT FAKE THEYRE REAL!!!!!!! THEY JUST SAY THEYRE MOVIES SO THEY CANT GO JAILZ

LOL how do you know some of these rappers aren't really doing anything special?

You think everyone wants to have a 9-5?

And again you're another person who's comparing RAPPERS to some of the most successful businessmen in the entire world? Are you serious?

Stop trying to compare apples and oranges. Although these rappers aren't making billions, they are still A LOT richer than the average lawyer/doctor and most of them are YOUNG.

Last edited by a moderator:

And again you're another person who's comparing RAPPERS to some of the most successful businessmen in the entire world? Are you serious?

Stop trying to compare apples and oranges. Although these rappers aren't making billions, they are still A LOT richer than the average lawyer/doctor and most of them are YOUNG.

I wasn't gonna do it, but since you insist on holding on to the "rapper" fantasy, hear it from the horses mouth.

I was comparing a rapper to a movie star.

They are both entertainers. You'll wake up and realize it's ALL fake some day soon. Yeah there's money in it, I'm not a hater....I'm just saying don't let them brain wash you.

The guys in the suits (label execs, managers, marketing experts, no 9-5 here im still talking about the music industry) telling these "street rappers" what to do are the ones making REAL money. They got even more than the rappers. I'm talking about who the rappers work for. Smart rappers are independent or own their own labels. Nelly said that lmao musta skipped the video too.

Where did I say most people want a 9-5? What are you even talking about? Did you even read what I said?

I'm not gonna respond anymore cause I don't have time to argue with someone who's been blinded by whats shoved in your face via marketing. 'They' have successfully brainwashed you. You can believe whatever you want but the music industry goes deeper than you think. Way deeper.

Last edited:
Back