Nelly Says Chief Keef Made Mistake With Record Deal

His music is decent at times. But dude has to change his mind state to be successful in the mainstream world. Certain actions will f ur career up. He doesn't care and there's a price for that.

yea he would have been better off staying independent but he can still make a good amount of money from touring, etc.

I see what Nelly is saying.. But he prolly needed that advance money... He can't be that famous still living in the hood.. where was the money going to come from to get him out feel me? Eventually he would have made money but he needed that shit asap..

I agree with what Nelly is saying, but I'm sure dude didn't really have a business savy person backing him... He prolly saw $$$ and the advance, plus the ego booster of being signed to a major. Oh well dude will be gone off the radar in another year or so.

naaa keef did the right thing to get something out and even if they drop him he can live off the indie money right after he got his shine on a major

I see what Nelly is saying.. But he prolly needed that advance money... He can't be that famous still living in the hood.. where was the money going to come from to get him out feel me? Eventually he would have made money but he needed that shit asap..

Speaking of that advance, I read an article that was talking about his contract. If his album doesn't sell a certain amount by a certain date, he owes the label money.

Sombody here said somethin about this a while ago. Hate to say it but he got duped, fooled, hoodwinked. They put one over on him. His reason was "because Interscope had dudes like 50 Cent and Eminem"

naaa keef did the right thing to get something out and even if they drop him he can live off the indie money right after he got his shine on a major

thats the problem though. Most these artists DONT get dropped and thats the worst thing in the world to these artists. In Fact in most cases getting dropped is the ULTIMATE blessing. If you get dropped AFTER having hits somebody is gonna be willing to gamble on you for SOME amount of money.

But what usually happens if someone like Keef BRICKS in album sales 2 or 3 times in a row is that they'll just shelve him like they tried to do Lupe or like they did T-Pain, Juelz Santana, or Pitbull for a second. That is unless he's like Flo Rida and JUST does singles. Otherwise they'll sit him on the shelf til infinity.

Reason being it will be label politics, they'll be afraid to release another album for fear they'll lose money and they'll be afraid to drop him because he could build momentum again and make millions some where else. And if your the guy that dropped the guy who went GOLD on another label its no doubt that you'll be losing your job and everybody in the industry will know you did it.

so if he bricks again. Interscope will sit him on the shelf and mildly hope he builds mid-career momentum like Wayne, 2 chainz, or Gucci through the mixtape circuit and build that cult following and then he'll be forced to take whatever advance they give him and stay on interscope. That's also why artists are signed for amount of albums not years so they really can decide how long you stay on their label. Thats why 50 Cent talks about his label one day and loves them the next. He needs his last album released so he can go indy and probably could care less how this album sales but his label wont drop it unless they can squeeze one last dollar out of 50 cent. I wouldnt be surprised if 50 Cent is sitting on hits that he wont release unless he goes indy.

Double edge sword. Like I said when he first got the deal.....he souldn't have signed a deal...it was too early. He could've been a part of a new era "Hot Boys" later. But not signing he would be................dead probably. Good move. You can't make money when you costantly concerned more about beefs and back and forths about other gangs......but......the money rolls in because of the support. When you start talking that nice guy shit because you signed.....kind of defeats the purpose of what got you the deal. Double edge sword for real street rappers. Of course fake ass gangsta rappers it don't matter....because we know they fake and they usually attract people who only care about what they are force fed.

But to stay independent and still live or be out of prison within the next 5 years > as far as money . Because the buzz would've been solid enough to put some serious money behind it. More Chi artist, Hot Boys of the Chi, clothing line, movies, ect. Big dollars.

Yeah true that, gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes.

How much money do you guys think Interscope gave him?

I mean, he's been doing shows too. I also saw pictures of him in a Ferrari but it was an older one, but STILL.

How much money do you guys think Interscope gave him?

I mean, he's been doing shows too. I also saw pictures of him in a Ferrari but it was an older one, but STILL.
It doesn't cost THAT much to rent a Ferrari, LOL. All that money he supposedly gotten (whatever the amount), after being taxed to death, every expense covered and every single employee (including lawyers, lol) has gotten their cut, that boy probably ain't seen a real dollar of any of that advance money. Whatever that money bought---he doesn't own.

It doesn't cost THAT much to rent a Ferrari, LOL. All that money he supposedly gotten (whatever the amount), after being taxed to death, every expense covered and every single employee (including lawyers, lol) has gotten their cut, that boy probably ain't seen a real dollar of any of that advance money. Whatever that money bought---he doesn't own.

Holy Shit! He's gotta be balling with all that stuff! Look, theres a bunch of 20s in a rubber band! He's standing in front of a Mercedes Bens! He's wearing a Hugo Boss polo shirt.... and he's got an airline ticket from United Airlines.

Plus he's using that stack of 20's as a modified cell phone of some sort! This guy is probably going to be handing billions to his great, great, great grandkids!

PS, like the other guy said. Interscope will shelf him. His album failed. It wont push 250K units. They will have to recoup that 6M investment from the 360 deal. But Kief's hype will be long gone within a year.

Nelly Right

Keef will end up owing them dudes if he can't get his buzz back. It happens to often in this game! But on the flip side..I definitely understand why he did it.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Some cats might not dig Nelly music but he definitely know the business!!

Back