Most Underated Producer

Does anybody here listen to Flying Lotus? He's got some of the craziest, most crispy, fluid sounding beats I've ever heard, And I definitely gotta say he's the most underrated producer that I'm feeling at the moment.. It's not that he's underrated at all, he just don't got maximum exposure..

I think JD, Usher wouldnt be where he is today without JD writing and producing for him. He put Mariah Carey back on top. If I was looking for tracks for an r&b artist I would HAVE to get a track from JD

instant classic said:
Does anybody here listen to Flying Lotus? He's got some of the craziest, most crispy, fluid sounding beats I've ever heard, And I definitely gotta say he's the most underrated producer that I'm feeling at the moment.. It's not that he's underrated at all, he just don't got maximum exposure..

flying lotus does have some dope beat tapes. especially if you like filtered sounds and boom bap drums, like i do! but yeah, he is related to alice coltrane, and definitely has that musicality.

don't feel like looking through 32 pages of ish, so excuse me if these have already been posted...

Madlib
Frank J. Floyd
Prefuse 73

Im gonna have 2 go wit The Alchemist and Pete Rock. Im a serious fan of theirs and i study and learn from their beats like it was a book. Thier technical skills for flippin' samples is crazy. And like EVERYONE else theres a few wack-ass-wtf beats but who hasnt made one of those those??

Thes One is the man

Anyone mention Thes One of PUTS? He has some dope ass tracks. The drums on every track just get ya head to nod.

How are people gonna say dilla? The question was under rated...Dillas know as one of the best

Last edited:
Can't believe Battlecat and Quik were left out of this...too many booty @$$ producers mentioned before. Listen to the quality of the music these cats have put out...you'll know what i'm talking about.

Tell you whose overrated though, here's a list:
Scott Storch, Manny Fresh, Jazzy Phae, Jermaine Dupri, Timbaland, etc!!!

Back