Most Underated Producer

Don't know if anyone put this out there but...
Pimp C ( crafted the majority of his group's albums)
diamond D ( gave DITC their sound)
happy perez ( gave alot of Dirty South acts i.e concertion Cmp, No Limit, SPM, baby bash, others their hits)
Dallas austin (people seem to forget that it was just JD gave helmed the careers of TLC, Usher, Outkast,Goodie Mob, and others from the ATl and abroad)

Kron-A-Holic said:
I dunno if someone already mentioned about DJ Quik or not but in my opinion he is a VERY underrated Producer/Rapper/Engineer/Composer he basically set the tone on how westcoast music sounds today. Multi Talented producers who compose,arrange,rap,and engineer their own music are very rare now and days

but anyways thats my 2 cents
Dj Quik is the man, but established the West Coast sound as it is today, are you nuts?!?

basixxx said:
He's not under-rated though.....he's over rated and arrogant.
agreed, but hes also one of the best ears in the buisness.

But nah, most underrated producer has to be danjahandz.

Kno
Necro
Large Pro

There's tons, but Kno is phenomenal, Necro gets slept on because of his rhyming subject matter, and Large Pro definitely gets props from other producers, but is slept on highly by the industry.

Didn't read all the names troughout the whole topic, but anyone mentioned Diamond D? I love his minimalistic production style.
Got to mention Ced-Gee of Ultramagnetic MC's also, did some really good production on their debut album from 1988. The "Critical Beatdown". Just to give some credits to some of the ancestors of hip-hop.

That_beat_aint_right said:
Right about J-Dilla.

I say No I.D has been slept on. Clark Kent too. I'd have to probably say Clark Kent....but thats my opinion.

I agree. NO I.D. is one of the most slept on. He showed kanye west a few things back in the day.

Back