Let's play Name That Preset!

Rick Ross - So Sophisticated (Prod. The Beat Bully)

He used Hard Sync Lead from Hypersonic 2, it's like the main/only sound in the beat.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

2 Chainz - No Lie (feat. Drake)

Gladiator -> Synth -> SY Ethereal MF

hell yea, Mike Will uses gladiator a lot, he used it in Meek Mill - Tupac Back

Damn, I'm surprised how many people know presets.

Hope i don't kill the tone of the thread, loving the atmospere in here, but if you guys know what sounds are being used, what makes us think the "big guys" are doing something we aren't?

*not really looking for an answer, just making a point*

I honestly do not know presets for the life of me, I just skim til I find something, tweak a little if nessesary and move on. In all fairness, some of these presets may be coming from different sources. Like Red One(from others on this site could be misinformed)supposedly only uses Logic and it's factory bank, so couldn't some of his sounds come from it and just sound similar to patches in other stuff?

Same time, isn't this a smack to the face of guys who don't believe in Loops, arps, presets, and think everything should be tweaked?

Enough with making guys think too hard though, this is an epic thread. Wish I had something other than B.S. questions with no real answers to contribute. :cheers:

EDIT: Oh yeah, if no one said it, that wierd robot voice in Chris Brown "I can Transform ya' is out of a perc kit on the Fantom.

Last edited:
Rick Ross - So Sophisticated (Prod. The Beat Bully)

He used Hard Sync Lead from Hypersonic 2, it's like the main/only sound in the beat.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

hell yea, Mike Will uses gladiator a lot, he used it in Meek Mill - Tupac Back

I am very impressed that this guy is still running Hypersonic 2, he deserves access to those sounds. BTW somebody should definitely resample it into a Kontakt library.

I am very impressed that this guy is still running Hypersonic 2, he deserves access to those sounds. BTW somebody should definitely resample it into a Kontakt library.

Yea, I still use Hypersonic 2, some producers talk bad about it because it's old but if you can make it sound dope then I don't think it matters. These guys are using the same things, it's not hard at all, it just takes hard work and talent. I'm going to prove it FP.

Last edited:
Do you feel like resampling it into a Kontakt library by any chance? I CBF setting up a 32 bit environment with the ability to run it.

Yea, I still use Hypersonic 2, some producers talk bad about it because it's old but if you can make it sound dope then I don't think it matters. These guys are using the same things, it's not hard at all, it just takes hard work and talent. I'm going to prove it FP.

"Still using hypersonic" is like "still using a Korg Triton, Fantom, or Motif". It may be "dated", but all the bread and butter sounds you'll ever need.

Meek Mill - Rich & Famous (prod. by Jahlil Beats)

Sytrus - Cube ;)

---------- Post added 03-19-2013 at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-25-2012 at 06:31 AM ----------

Fat Joe feat. Wiz Khalifa & Teyana Taylor - Ballin'

Massive - Butterfly Stance (AGAIN!)

---------- Post added 04-29-2013 at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-19-2013 at 02:20 AM ----------

Omarion feat. Wale - MIA

Massive - Whirlpool

Nothing specific but Young Chop and all these damn cookie-cutter trap producers need to quit it with that Delayed Piano preset in Nexus. Overall the most overused VST obviously, but damn I hear that same piano everywhere.

Back