I thought this was "future" producers!!

but im sure people thought jazz was "weird" or hip hop was "weird" some people will get it and some wont. i dont think thats possible bro the combination of notes,synths,drums, effects and vocalists theres always a way to be somewhat original

I couldn't agree more, but I'm just saying that in hip hop particularly, especially today, derivation to some extent is prevalent. Because hip hop is a genre of influence, I think it's an overly romantic idea to suggest that we can constantly be innovating and growing as the thread insists. I'm sure that hip hop and rap will change over time, as it already has, but like music in general there is a sort of confinement as to where we can go with it.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

But to me, the beauty of "Rap" is that you can take any rhythmic sound and write poetry to it. In my opinion rap is the closest genre to "limitless" in the sense that it's basically rhythmic free verse

I couldn't agree more, but I'm just saying that in hip hop particularly, especially today, derivation to some extent is prevalent. Because hip hop is a genre of influence, I think it's an overly romantic idea to suggest that we can constantly be innovating and growing as the thread insists. I'm sure that hip hop and rap will change over time, as it already has, but like music in general there is a sort of confinement as to where we can go with it.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

But to me, the beauty of "Rap" is that you can take any rhythmic sound and write poetry to it. In my opinion rap is the closest genre to "limitless" in the sense that it's basically rhythmic free verse

R.A.P.= Rythm And Poetry

the beat scene has single handedly redefined hip hop in my opinion

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Like I done told everyone way back when Soulja boy dropped his turd upon the masses the future is going to be all about memes and that's all the Harlem Shake is really.

future of the mainstream maybe

future of the mainstream maybe

Played out by April. EDM Bluegrass..........that's next......watch and see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random awesomeness. You producers will never be awesome. Sorry.....face the facts. Your VSTs have no soul.

That's real music, son! Straight up! Dunt....dunt duuuuuuun....DUNT..DUNT........ DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!! You a sharp dressed man.......going after fix a flat booty biitches....that's your future!

Dressing up sharp for a biitch who got felonies because of her ass. smh. Feel sorry for ya. Better leave them big booty biitches alone. It ain't like it used to be. Too big of an ass = convicted felon! Can't trust a big butt and a smile. She will inject you while you sleep to test out a new formula. Wondering why you got an ass like a big booty biitch when you wake up....you don't want those problems, homie!

Leave them drugs alone. You can't be a Rasta and talk all of that weed is natural shit.....yet you smoking this shit so you can pass random drug test at work.

Think you cool and shit..........walking round like this

I don't do drugs. I don't eat out of your bag of chips either. Might of sprayed it with some shit. Can't trust yall youngins.

You sample ZZ TOP...I'll kill ya!

Last edited:
all ive been hearing on here is some premo shit can we be alittle more progressive then that. its called "future" producers! either that or dont call your self a producer. this isnt on some negative ish neither just an opinion

So.....am I up to the standard? im pretty sure Iam.... tell me what you think!

DameSmiff.Bandcamp.com

sounds good i played the first soundclould link. maybe add more effects like reverb to the synth to bring the more to life.

Lol, please listen to the rest...that first sound is meant to be a background track for someone's video. The rest of my music is promising.

Lol, please listen to the rest...

Dude,
You said nothing, dropped your link in the middle of a thread, got feedback, and now you lol and ask for more?
Maybe hit the feedback forum?

I listened to your stuff.
The production and arrangement are pretty solid, but your melodies are a bit toy for me.
Its bit like 'easy listening' hip hop, if that makes any sense.

all ive been hearing on here is some premo shit can we be alittle more progressive then that. its called "future" producers! either that or dont call your self a producer. this isnt on some negative ish neither just an opinion

I agree, I mean I've been on here since forever (I just created a new Username) but I don't get on here as much because I feel like it's more "old school" focused then really whats going on now. All I see on here is dudes talking down about the current wave of music. But it would be cool to see more producers from here "modernize" there music and make it on the Billboard charts.

Last edited:
lol......billboard. Billboard is made for future producers now. So yeah....I agree. Make trap music so you can disrupt the millions of dollars that others have spent trying to secure a spot....because some ole torrent king clicked some dots and used presets. Now your in the big leagues....because everybody wants to video record their dog taking a fat shit to your chart topping hit "Drop It, Dawg"....which samples Snoop and Too Short. Smart move.....Snoop or Too Short ain't going to sue you...they are going to congratulate you......for massah. "Please massah......I want to be on the official remix massah". Fruity Loops is some powerful shit. Make Will I Am bow down.

I said it four years ago. Billboard will be more like soundclick in the future.

Yall don't have heart....yall have biters syndrome. Trend followers and shit. The now turns quickly into O.K I heard this so now what's next?

Do what you love. And spread he love.........I mean to the real human's out there. I will get you hooked without thinking what's next...it's that forever shit.

Type of dudes to not feel shit.......say shit like "oh...that sounds dated"....only because you pipe dream billboard. So you get a hard on for shit like

Last edited:
Back