I thought this was "future" producers!!

Yeah that seems to be the ruling mantra of FP these days.
Ends justify means, and the only end is getting paid.
Interesting to discuss the two sides of that in this thread.

What is "the future" of producing?
Getting paid?
Or being creative, innovative, and true to yourself?
What is important?

Thats a rhetorical question.

you said rhetorical but not sure if we have the same answer. to me BOTH is important because after all how da hell can you be innovative or FULLY express creative at that matter when you dont even have food on the table. not to say that you need money to be dope at what you do (cuz truth be told 93% of us are starving artist anyway) but lets face it jay dee (RIP) for example wouldnt have been able to make alot of his music if he wasnt able to cop or have access to mad equipment. the way i see it its a balance. you HAVE to earn some kind of wage in this shit or your gonna starve, but you have to do it in a way where you dont sacrifice to much of that spark that makes your sound totally unique to you.

Last edited:
The people that most look up to....they don't realize their "true musical background". They don't realizes that most of them wasn't in their bedroom making beats just cause. They actually were surrounded by musicians. Even the hip hop samplers. Not all, but a large majority. People can't keep using Lex Luger's path [keyword path in HIS life] fool them into a 10 million dollar lie. He has told you the most important thing is "who you know"....more than what you can provide. So a beat ain't shit. Lex Luger had a soundclick page........SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR NO MORE ABOUT LEX STARTED A NEW STYLE OF TRAP MUSIC. It is just like I called it. Lex was simply doing what everybody else was doing and because of his grind outside of doing music, it lead him into the left path, right path...of his success. HIS PATH. Everyone's path is different according to the turns and red lights you run. Keep running red lights you are going to get a ticket that you can't afford. Making a left when you should've made a right.....steady making rights when all you needed was that one left turn. We must quit with this illusion from somebody else's illusion because your path is 100% guaranteed not to be the same as the next mans in this music "business" journey. It will hold you back. Music is music...there is no date to it. What does the future hold? New Technology for people to express theirselves in a new way....but it never chances the fact that a piece of work is "good". Every year plenty of music pop up that sound like the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, ect. Soundtracks still use the same instruments from the 1800's. True hip hop fans will pass on their love to their children and they will love boom bap premo shit. It never gets old because it is what people love.

Boom bap is like 80's rock music. Today we have trap and metalcore.

See what I'm saying? Neither one of those genres run shit yet it is the future of what people create. Boom bap type shit was on the charts in 2012.

Nas...with a number 1 album on the charts full of boom bap music in 2012. End of discussion.

Last edited:
rice your back.
i respect nas for including that sound in his album being that hes released albums since 94 and blew up during that boom bap time. i would expect that sound to be in the album. but lets be honest hes never been known for great beat selection and im wondering how many of those boom bap tracks on there were his singles??

and yes boom bap is like 80's rock music so if there was a website for 80's rock bands would you call it futurerock.com? ....thought so

and yes boom bap is like 80's rock music so if there was a website for 80's rock bands would you call it futurerock.com? ....thought so

Got damn boy....I swear you try to damn hard. lmao!
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/music-genres/metal-rock/

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Dope pokemon music that's what all trap should be like =)

Yeah....I would call that trap. It gets my approval. But a lot of stuff is like some Beez N Da Trap shit. I blame Nicki for this shit!

Last edited:
all ive been hearing on here is some premo shit can we be alittle more progressive then that. its called "future" producers! either that or dont call your self a producer. this isnt on some negative ish neither just an opinion

HAHAHA I don't even even think Premo makes Premo shit anymore.

HAHAHA I don't even even think Premo makes Premo shit anymore.

i rest my case.

aite yall some of us agree and some of dont. ima just say thiss.If your still making a whole bunch of premo boom bap type shit. DONT expect to get alot of placements, DONT expect to be called original, and DONT expect to be called a future producer.

i rest my case.

aite yall some of us agree and some of dont. ima just say thiss.If your still making a whole bunch of premo boom bap type shit. DONT expect to get alot of placements, DONT expect to be called original, and DONT expect to be called a future producer.
Have you turned on the radio lately? nobody is original. There are lots of placements out there for boom bap just don't expect it to be on a top 40 album.

Have you turned on the radio lately? nobody is original. There are lots of placements out there for boom bap just don't expect it to be on a top 40 album.

i actually havnt turned on the radio lately. lots of placements where? name some artists that are making moves and have a following with THIS generation that uses alot of boom bap. how r u gonna say no one is original if thats the case whats the point why are u making music.. be real bro like the other dude said PREMO dont even make boom bap stuff like that no more that should be all the proof needed lol

i actually havnt turned on the radio lately. lots of placements where? name some artists that are making moves and have a following with THIS generation that uses alot of boom bap. how r u gonna say no one is original if thats the case whats the point why are u making music.. be real bro like the other dude said PREMO dont even make boom bap stuff like that no more that should be all the proof needed lol
Skyzoo, jay-z, nas, rapsody, sean price, ect all touring the world off boom bap. and i can say people copying each other are not original. many beats these days especially trap shit is paint by numbers. just because you play it on a keyboard don't make it original if you are doing the same shit the next man is. how many people copied Lex Lugar? Also dude ain't been listening to Preemo people come to Preemo for that Preemo sound. I am willing to accept that sound is not for everyone but let's not pretend like the world ends with mainstream music.

Skyzoo, jay-z, nas, rapsody, sean price, ect all touring the world off boom bap. and i can say people copying each other are not original. many beats these days especially trap shit is paint by numbers. just because you play it on a keyboard don't make it original if you are doing the same shit the next man is. how many people copied Lex Lugar? Also dude ain't been listening to Preemo people come to Preemo for that Preemo sound. I am willing to accept that sound is not for everyone but let's not pretend like the world ends with mainstream music.

the only cats i recognize is jay and nas. sean price rings a bell but i dont know any of his shit specifically. you say toured OFF boom bap does that mean theyre still using it today? i havnt heard jay on some boom bap shit in hellla long. we already discussed nas on an eariler page.i never said it ended with mainstream music im a black man in america with dreadlocks and tattoos i make hiphop music and smoke weed i havnt been involved in mainstream society for along time my man. yeah people copy lex hes makin hits and makin money so of course. and CLEARLY people are still copying premo from alot of stuff i heard on here

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

i want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread i have been off the coast of france for a few days and it can be boring at times so this was very entertaining and thought provoking

Rapsody is part of 9th Wonder's camp and part of the BET music matters tour. Last I check 9th is still respected today.

Joey had one biggest buzzes over the summer:

I guess boom bap is dead.

Rapsody is part of 9th Wonder's camp and part of the BET music matters tour. Last I check 9th is still respected today.

I guess boom bap is dead.

joey is dope af i been bumpin dat song but i wouldnt consider it boom bap and also he did use some boom bap on that 1999 mixtape and besides acouple tracks i didnt **** wit most of the beats. i guess bro if thats ur thing that rapsody shit was coo but shes not a game changer or nothin..

and bro im getting tired of people misinterpreting my words. i already posted a link to a song i did over a premo beat and heres a VIDEO i did over a 9th wonder beat Ikeda - Mezzanine Flow [HD] WAVEYY - YouTube like i said i give respect where the **** its due. what i was saying is cats on THIS website are posting hella boom bap like its the next best thing and im sayin been there DONE THAT

and keep it 100% i like alot of 9th's shit but is it just me or does he use the same ****ing snare in damn near all his beats?

joey is dope af i been bumpin dat song but i wouldnt consider it boom bap and also he did use some boom bap on that 1999 mixtape and besides acouple tracks i didnt **** wit most of the beats. i guess bro if thats ur thing that rapsody shit was coo but shes not a game changer or nothin..

and bro im getting tired of people misinterpreting my words. i already posted a link to a song i did over a premo beat and heres a VIDEO i did over a 9th wonder beat Ikeda - Mezzanine Flow [HD] WAVEYY - YouTube like i said i give respect where the **** its due. what i was saying is cats on THIS website are posting hella boom bap like its the next best thing and im sayin been there DONE THAT

and keep it 100% i like alot of 9th's shit but is it just me or does he use the same ****ing snare in damn near all his beats?
good enough, and 9th does use the same kit a lot.
I get what your saying, but boom bap is tied to sampled based production. They go hand and hand in my view. Every classic boom bap producer u can name flipped samples. U may say its played out (like people say they're tired of trap) but its part of the roots of hip hop.
The question is who do think is dropping advanced/progressive beats today?

good enough, and 9th does use the same kit a lot.
I get what your saying, but boom bap is tied to sampled based production. They go hand and hand in my view. Every classic boom bap producer u can name flipped samples. U may say its played out (like people say they're tired of trap) but its part of the roots of hip hop.
The question is who do think is dropping advanced/progressive beats today?

word.. maaan the list goes on

flying lotus
bmb aka spacekid
b.lewis
mr.carmack
mono/poly
esta
atu
melo-x
falcons
THC
Morri$
elaquent
evil needle
deej
juj

and on and on just go to my soundcloud and look at my likes its full of producers thats killin it right now wit progressiv sound design and unique samples
soundcloud.com/ikedadogbo

and yes they go hand in hand. im just sick of hearing cats today that are still doing that chopped up premo way of sampling like with all the effects,filters,d.a.w's hardware samplers and shit and theyre still making beats like its the 80's there are some dope cats on here as well but to much of the premo sound for my taste

Back