I thought this was "future" producers!!

dogbo415

all ive been hearing on here is some premo shit can we be alittle more progressive then that. its called "future" producers! either that or dont call your self a producer. this isnt on some negative ish neither just an opinion

People are afraid to take risks...they're also afraid to fail....you must be willing to fail, and then fail again

Finding your own sound is not an easy thing to do...I am not quite there yet but it is something I will always be striving for.

most want instant success...they know what has worked for other people, so they assume it will work for them

Last edited:
People are afraid to take risks...they're also afraid to fail....you must be willing to fail, and then fail again

Finding your own sound is not an easy thing to do...I am not quite there yet but it is something I will always be striving for.

most want instant success...they know what has worked for other people, so they assume it will work for them

I agree 100%. the catch is that the premo sound is played out anyways not much success will come from it these days. lets get more sound design and field samples that boom bap shit is over with. let it rest. be inspired from it and keep it movin!

well a group of artist i produce for just got a wikipedia page lol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da_YoungFellaz

and we are pushing the new single "Incognito" its being played on radio stations in the US
just surpassed 100k downloads

and their mixtape here
Da Youngfellaz - Sophisticated Ignorance // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

its really hit or miss. people either really like em or really don't. i'm one of the many that do. i'm working. but nobody here cares so why post aboutt it when the people dont really wanna know lol

Yeah but in order to know where you are going, you need to know where you have come from. You have to go back the the true essence of hip-hop in order to be a success today. That only comes from studying and emulating the greats.

Classical musicians study music from the past in order to become great musicians today. Hip-hop is no different.

Yeah but in order to know where you are going, you need to know where you have come from. You have to go back the the true essence of hip-hop in order to be a success today. That only comes from studying and emulating the greats.

Classical musicians study music from the past in order to become great musicians today. Hip-hop is no different.

Thats why i only been listenin to the old sh!t like DmX, its dark and hell is hot, his first cd's, The dynasty, hard knock life, all the beats on those albums were relatively simple...thats when lyrics and wordplay dominated the beat.

True..I didn't mean to imply that one needs to create a whole new genre to be original or creative.

Without Pete Rock there would be no J Dilla....and to say that J Dilla is not original would be just silly.

People often say sample based hip hop isn't creative no matter how you flip a sample...but what a lot of these people fail to realize is that bands like Led Zeppelin used to steal riffs from bands just like hip hop producers flip a sample.

yet, Led Zeppelin was still able to be very creative.

When it comes down to it, there is a lot of grey area...but those of us who listen to lots and lots of music of all types know who is being original and creative.

There is a lot to learnt from emulating...whether it be TONE, MELODY, MOOD, or RHYTHM

I believe there is a lot of room for progression in music...a million ways to flip a sample. Millions of samples to use. Millions of ways to tweak your synth.

I don't know where I am going with any of this....a lot of this is SUBJECTIVE

Last edited:

studying and knowing the roots of hip hop is one thing. i know the roots for the most part. but im not sitting here making premo beats all day. you having a captain murphy pic on your profile should know that its about progression. at what point do you stop emulating and start pushing the envelope?

Push the envolope hard my people for your future.

kw21.png

lil-wayne-kissing-baby-2.jpg

diddy.png

kidcudi_kilt.jpg.w300h451.jpg

Fans-of-the-Orijin-Culture-Facebook-fan-page-debated-whether-or-not-an-image-of-a-masculine-black-man-wearing-a-dress-was-part-of-an-agenda-to-make-black-men-effeminate.png

22953937.jpg

Dudes today are so hard headed and want to be rebels so bad that they will wear a dress to show how much of a rebel they are..........smh at your future.

The future is on some other shit. Real men make beats like Premo so they can avoid that life changing experience they have to deal with by pushing the envelope. You know a dude ain't gay when he making a Premo beat. He is boy becoming a man. He is a boy who will be like fuuck all this gay shit.

Quit worrying about what other producers want to do......there is no such thing is outdated. Just good music. The future has turned trap music into music gay people.

Last edited:
F*ck that I hated skinny jeants when they came out, but just get used to people using it now.

2010's will be the worst decade for trends.

Dudes today are so hard headed and want to be rebels so bad that they will wear a dress to show how much of a rebel they are..........smh at your future.

The future is on some other shit. Real men make beats like Premo so they can avoid that life changing experience they have to deal with by pushing the envelope. You know a dude ain't gay when he making a Premo beat. He is boy becoming a man. He is a boy who will be like fuuck all this gay shit.

Quit worrying about what other producers want to do......there is no such thing is outdated. Just good music. The future has turned trap music into music gay people.[/QUOTE]

i dont know where to start with you. i said nothing about gay anything so you putting all the fags on here is gay af of you. and HIPHOP is all about being a rebel! premo,pete,etc theyre all rebels you dont think people talked shit about them taking their "precious"song and choppin them over breaks? you want to talk bout dresses and shit smh at you

^^^I knew where to start with you with your first post. Because it's dumb as hell dude. You talking about future of music like you a fortune teller or something. Music is what people make it. I have more respect for a dude doing some "Premo inspired" shit than someone following a trend to try and create a future from it. And all of that skirt and skinny jeans and males kissing males and coming out the closet.....your basically telling dudes they should producer for these closet ass dudes. My point is...they may not want to be what you think they should be. Can't stand you never going to make it in the industry ass dudes man. Yall some of the dumbest MFers on this planet. Premo type shit getting more props from the "people" instead of you fetch ass MFers who please other producers....get the hot head and shit....never did shit in the industry ass dudes. It's more premo type stuff today making way more money than these ole change your style for the future ass dudes. FOH with that shit. Sneak dissin. Somebody must've whooped your ass in a battle or something......or maybe you jealous at the amount of attention those beats get because of the culture of it all. Dumb ass hell. Shit on a culture....for what though?

Talking bout my post was gay.......and defending gays by trying to say premo was a rebel.......smh. Does that excuse people to want to love the now and future of (assuming we talking hip hop music). Maybe that's a smll reson behind them making what they make.....seeing what it all represents. All of this shit is just a MFing circle. Nothing new. The music you probably got.....I can trace it back to some shit. SO WTF ARE YOU REALLY SAYING? Nothing....just some dumb ass shit.

Ole beat selling ass dudes always be the ones talking that same ole nonsense.

wooped me in a battle? aite bro post a sample and lets see who flips it best im not gonna go back and forth with you

F*ck that I hated skinny jeants when they came out, but just get used to people using it now.

2010's will be the worst decade for trends.

How is this any worse than the Cash Money/Bling Bling era in the 2000's?

at least with the current trends people aren't going broke because they can't even afford to pay for their teeth LOL

bad music, bad album covers, bad fashion....pretending to be rich, pretending they weren't gay lol Bling Bling era was the Gayest Era of music

that is what officially killed the golden era of hip hop (actually hip hop isn't dead..it's just been buried alive)

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

it is also a known fact that the people who are extremely homophobic almost always have repressed gay tendencies haha

Last edited:
all im saying is that producers need to push themselves and not just do what they heard premo do 20 years ago. this dude took what i said completely out of context and im expecting him to back up all that shit talkin with a beat lol

and... i respect premo to the fullest heres a track me n my bro Lil Ra did over a premo beat (im on the last verse) i give respect where its do.

http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-player.php?id=mf5e38cd&tid=6

Last edited:
. The music you probably got.....I can trace it back to some shit.

That isn't very hard to do considering pretty much ALL MODERN MUSIC can be traced back to the SAME 4 SONGS

Watch Tim & Eric demonstrate using Miles Davis and Santana as examples in the documentary THE HEART IS A DRUM MACHINE

Last edited:
wooped me in a battle? aite bro post a sample and lets see who flips it best im not gonna go back and forth with you

Beatmakers be like
different-strokes-arnold-what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

"I'll show you got dammit.....post a sample!!"

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

That isn't very hard to do considering pretty much ALL MODERN MUSIC can be traced back to the SAME 4 SONGS

Watch Tim & Eric demonstrate using Miles Davis and Santana as examples in the documentary THE HEART IS A DRUM MACHINE

lmao!!!! That was great! I thought that guy was this guy at first.

Last edited:
you a lame. thats pretty funny tho.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

what kinda name is ricearoni hahahahaha this nigga rather post pictures of faggots and willis then music lmaoooo

Last edited:
^^^^that nigga right there would rather make people C/P his link to his music...because it's just sooooooo fuucking good.

Back